Islam vs western values.

Status
Not open for further replies.
During ancient Viking times, Nordmenn would have their girls married off at age 12 and their boys at 14. Now those same Nordics are sitting in their mothers' basements at age 30. What can you do? Cultures change. Allah (swt) didn't say we have to marry girls that young, so we don't. But the greatest man who has ever walked this Earth, Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), did so and so it's a sin for us to take repluse in what he did. If we insult that as "outdated", then what's next? Should we scoff at the Holy Qu'ran itself?

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
This one thing I have been battling with. When you grow up in the west, their values will be ingrained in you which might lead to you having conflicting ideologies. For example cutting the hand of thief's and cousin marriage. Have any you had any similar issues?

U r going deep into the matter. I was thinking of the surface, superficial conflicts between west and our Muslim ideology. For example Hijaab in a western Islam phobia world. Or something simple as just reading Quran in a bus or praying at work, people be thinking u r about to Osama blow up the place

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Also i love the idea of Cousin marriage. Its really nice and allowed. I have cousins that i could just dream of being their baby mama, & some i just say Salaam Aleikum Cousin. Kinda fugli

Kratos

Sonder
By the way, it’s really unfair to compare the Western world with the current Islamic world. One of them has peace, prosperity and stable politics, whilst the other one is overrun with extremist militias, corrupt politicians, poverty and regressive cultural practices. People in the Islamic world have been under so much hardship for so long that they have understandably given up on this world and focus too much on readying themselves for the next, which has made them lazy and unwilling to make things better for themselves.

When Islamic society was at its peak, we were the envy of the world. We made great advancements in culture, science, mathematics, the arts, medicine and politics. Women were empowered and protected, poor children were given an education, and literacy was at near 100%. We used to laugh and look down on Europe, blaming their savageness and backwardness on their religion (Christianity). Oh, how the tables have turned.
Shout out to the Persians. They made the vast majority of scientific discoveries. The Ummayads considered Arabic the official language of the empire and the language of religious education but Persian was the language of higher culture and science. The single greatest achievement the caliphates ever made was conquering the Sassanids. There would be no golden age without them. Most academic texts from that period that are in Arabic where translated from Persian.

Kratos

Sonder
I understand that, but the Prophet’s marriage was (and still is) an outdated Arabian cultural practice. If you are Muslim but not ethnically or culturally Arab, why do it? It doesn’t make sense.
It isn't solely an Arab cultural practice, many cultures used to practice what we would call today child marriages though their definitions of what constitutes a child varied from ours. The main point is that it is halal for you to marry a 9 year old if she has hit puberty. Puberty is what determines adulthood in Islam. As soon as you have a wet dream or your period your sins start being recorded

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Shout out to the Persians. They made the vast majority of scientific discoveries. The Ummayads considered Arabic the official language of the empire and the language of religious education but Persian was the language of higher culture and science. The single greatest achievement the caliphates ever made was conquering the Sassanids. There would be no golden age without them. Most academic texts from that period that are in Arabic where translated from Persian.

Priestess

Actually u r WRONG about Europe being savages during Christianity. They were savages when they did not have Christianity. I think the moment Christianity reached Europe, more forcefully post 300 AD--tremendous changes happened. I think the Abrahamic religion truly civilized mankind. Islam especially was a dramatic civilization of mankind post 7th century!

Kratos

Sonder
This one thing I have been battling with. When you grow up in the west, their values will be ingrained in you which might lead to you having conflicting ideologies. For example cutting the hand of thief's and cousin marriage. Have any you had any similar issues?
Western values are amazing. Freedom of speech and expression, the abolishment of slavery, democracy, capitalism and the concept of universal human rights. Mashallah, what an incredible resumè.

putting religion aside, chopping up the hands of a thief is very extreme, cruel and just unintelligent, at the very most what he should get is a life sentence or be forced into free labor for 10+ years. enslavement of thieves basically it helps the economy as well

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I dont agree with chopping of hand. Allaah swt is all forgiving, i dont know why humans are not as forgiving. They could whip the thief but that is it. Stealing is hated tho by God.

I dont agree with chopping of hand. Allaah swt is all forgiving, i dont know why humans are not as forgiving. They could whip the thief but that is it. Stealing is hated tho by God.
وَالسَّارِقُ وَالسَّارِقَةُ فَاقْطَعُوا أَيْدِيَهُمَا جَزَاءً بِمَا كَسَبَا نَكَالًا مِّنَ اللَّهِ ۗ وَاللَّهُ عَزِيزٌ حَكِيمٌ - 5:38
As for] the thief, the male and the female, amputate their hands in recompense for what they committed as a deterrent [punishment] from Allah . And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
وَالسَّارِقُ وَالسَّارِقَةُ فَاقْطَعُوا أَيْدِيَهُمَا جَزَاءً بِمَا كَسَبَا نَكَالًا مِّنَ اللَّهِ ۗ وَاللَّهُ عَزِيزٌ حَكِيمٌ - 5:38
As for] the thief, the male and the female, amputate their hands in recompense for what they committed as a deterrent [punishment] from Allah . And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise

Seriously??? This is a sahih hadith??? I thought it was an arabic law??

putting religion aside, chopping up the hands of a thief is very extreme, cruel and just unintelligent, at the very most what he should get is a life sentence or be forced into free labor for 10+ years. enslavement of thieves basically it helps the economy as well
How can you say that its cruel and unintelligent when it is the words of Allah.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Not hadith. Ayat of the quran.
Surat Maidah. Fifth surah ayat 38.
Wll

Oh my God Suldaanka thank u! This is very helpful! Walaahi i love people who do research! I am going to Youtube and listen to the entire surah right now .

Western values are amazing. Freedom of speech and expression, the abolishment of slavery, democracy, capitalism and the concept of universal human rights. Mashallah, what an incredible resumè.

Wallahi, you've been brainwashed :siilaanyolaugh:None of those trigger words you've just listed right now are entirely exclusive to the Western world. Also, I love how capitalism and universal human rights are listed like they're on the same level :dabcasar:Companies tryna make quick cash are totally in line with our humanitarian ideals; those sweatshops in Vietnam and Cambodia definitely don't exist! Good-ole 'Murica.

Wallahi, you've been brainwashed :siilaanyolaugh:None of those trigger words you've just listed right now are entirely exclusive to the Western world. Also, I love how capitalism and universal human rights are listed like they're on the same level :dabcasar:Companies tryna make quick cash are totally in line with our humanitarian ideals; those sweatshops in Vietnam and Cambodia definitely don't exist! Good-ole 'Murica.
Damn! you took the bait:gucciwhat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending