Islam is the only hope for Native Americans to make a comeback

If God, the Creator of the Universe, who is both All-Powerful and All-Knowing cannot be an objective measure for morality, then the word 'objective' is beyond meaningless.
Things are right and wrong because God created both constructs, has decided which is which, and revealed this to humanity (assuming you believe in God).
If you don't believe in God, then accept that there is no "Right" or "Wrong", but rather only the opinions of men with influence masquerading as truth - Right and Wrong are not actual, tangible beings that are floating around in space somewhere. If you do not believe in God, you cannot logically believe that something is Right or Wrong, but rather only that something is personally beneficial or not beneficial.

Somalis be like, "Accept Islam, it will make your people so much better off!"

t1larg.alshabaab.afp.gi.jpg

6eb555bfe90c4368beafaecad0cf58a4_18.jpg

_86432296_86432295.jpg

Natives Be Like

ysWXSuW.jpg

VixR

Veritas
There are a number of philosophical answers to your question but if we approach this from an atheistic position human morality is just a product of evolution and social influence. If we accept this premise it entails that humans are prisoners to their instinct and social Force's. So if that's all there is to morality why shouldn't we rebel against it and take advantage whenever it suits us.
Morality is a social contract between the members of a group to ensure survival and wellbeing. It’s subjective, we don’t have to agree that cutting off a hand is an appropriate punishment for stealing. We just know it’ll happen if we do.

The moral codes are there along with the deterrents for breaking them to ensure that end goal. It’s not “objective”. If you don’t agree with it, you suffer the consequences, and if enough people break that contract, the overall group suffers.

Morality is a social contract between the members of a group to ensure survival and wellbeing. The moral codes are there along with the deterrents for breaking them to ensure that. It’s not “objective”. If you don’t agree with it, you suffer the consequences.
This also means your disgust with rape, murder and stealing is just self-delusion or external forces acting on you.

VixR

Veritas
If God, the Creator of the Universe, who is both All-Powerful and All-Knowing cannot be an objective measure for morality, then the word 'objective' is beyond meaningless.
Things are right and wrong because God created both constructs, has decided which is which, and revealed this to humanity (assuming you believe in God).
If you don't believe in God, then accept that there is no "Right" or "Wrong", but rather only the opinions of men with influence masquerading as truth - Right and Wrong are not actual, tangible beings that are floating around in space somewhere. If you do not believe in God, you cannot logically believe that something is Right or Wrong, but rather only that something is personally beneficial or not beneficial.
That means that God isn’t the source of the morality. If what’s right or wrong is objective, that invalidates the whole purpose of god, bc we no longer need a god to know what’s right or wrong.

If what’s right or wrong is objective, that invalidates the whole purpose of god. It means that God isn’t the source of the morality.
Your really not getting it. God is the source of Morality so obviously when he tells us what's right or wrong and what we should do/what we shouldn't do, he's our creator so we should obey him.

Atheists/Agnostics don't have any objective moral compass so we simply ask them, if there's no God how can you determine morality? Which Atheists/Agnostics failed to answer. We also ask these questions because Atheists/Agnostics are very vocal about criticizing morals in Religion especially Islam which is hypocrisy on their part since they don't have any objective morals. Do you understand @VixR?

That means that God isn’t the source of the morality. If what’s right or wrong is objective, that invalidates the whole purpose of god, bc we no longer need a god to know what’s right or wrong.

Objectivity is based in truth. If you believe in God, you believe that God is the knower of all things which are true. When God existed alone before the creation of anything else, God did not need morality. Humans needed morality which is why He created it.
I assume that you're an atheist? If you haven't already, I'd recommend reading some of the works of the old atheist Sophist philosophers on morality, it is very interesting. As I'm sure you've guessed, I'm a practicing Muslim, so I'll still pray for you to discover (?rediscover) our deen nevertheless. You're obviously very intelligent and your IQ would help our tally InshaAllah

There's no point with u @VixR ....

If I state God IS morality u say he's a tyrant

If I state that God gives us morality u say that morality doesn't come from him even though it does

Just stay gaal ffs :nahgirl::mindblown::pacspit::pacspit::pacspit::pacspit::pacspit:

VixR

Veritas
This also means your disgust with rape, murder and stealing is just self-delusion or external forces acting on you.
It’s natural not to want any of these things to happen to the self, bc you’re inherently self-interested.

But you cannot survive solitarily.

You ultimately belong to part of a larger group, who’s members also don’t want to be at the tail end of rape, property loss, or murder. We’re social creatures who developed social contracts, which tend to protect the most important members of the group most of all.

No one cared if you went off and raped, murdered, or stole from an outsider. In fact, that was extremely common.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Somalis be like, "Accept Islam, it will make your people so much better off!"

t1larg.alshabaab.afp.gi.jpg

6eb555bfe90c4368beafaecad0cf58a4_18.jpg

_86432296_86432295.jpg

Natives Be Like

ysWXSuW.jpg
You cant get the deen out of your head and clearly are deeply attached. You probably are depressed aswell and dont even know why Islam is all you think about
This is one of many curses you will carry for the rest of so enjoy:siilaanyolaugh:

If right and wrong is objective, that means that God isn’t the source of the morality. If right or wrong is objectively true, that invalidates the whole purpose of god.
The nature of God is good like the nature of God is almighty, thus it's not external to God but rather it's Gods nature.

VixR

Veritas
Your really not getting it. God is the source of Morality so obviously when he tells us what's right or wrong and what we should do/what we shouldn't do, he's our creator so we should obey him.

Atheists/Agnostics don't have any objective moral compass so we simply ask them, if there's no God how can you determine morality? Which Atheists/Agnostics failed to answer. We also ask these questions because Atheists/Agnostics are very vocal about criticizing morals in Religion especially Islam which is hypocrisy on their part since they don't have any objective morals. Do you understand @VixR?
Morality cannot be objective and sourced from God at the same time. That’s an oxymoron.

If it’s objective; god is not the source of it.

Nothing is objective.

That’s precisely why we needed to make up Gods and the afterlife to fearmonger us into functioning societies as we developed into larger societies. The reason so-called religious morality is prone to being so easily criticized, is precisely because it’s human in origin, just like every other human idea out there.

Morality cannot be objective and sourced from God at the same time. That’s an oxymoron.

If it’s objective; god is not the source of it.

Nothing is objective.

That’s precisely why we needed to make up Gods and the afterlife to fearmonger us into functioning societies as we developed into larger societies. The reason so-called religious morality is prone to being so easily criticized, is precisely because it’s human in origin, just like every other human idea out there.
You're right!! humans will always be subjective as I said in my previous post and their philosophies will clash. Hence why God gave us a set of laws and conduct which we believe are perfect due to God's nature being perfect.

About morality. God gave us a set of morals here on earth and we follow them. This does NOT mean that God isn't the source of morality. If I design a toy and give it to u the toy still comes from ME and is made by ME.

and when we get to heaven there is not morality at all. We're free from that. We won't abide by society or God's morality for earth because it's heaven. God's house.

btw I was just kidding before lol sorry bad taste.

Now, join us...? :samwelcome:

VixR

Veritas
You're right!! humans will always be subjective as I said in my previous post and their philosophies will clash. Hence why God gave us a set of laws and conduct which we believe are perfect due to God's nature being perfect.

About morality. God gave us a set of morals here on earth and we follow them. This does NOT mean that God isn't the source of morality. If I design a toy and give it to u the toy still comes from ME and is made by ME.

and when we get to heaven there is not morality at all. We're free from that. We won't abide by society or God's morality for earth because it's heaven. God's house.

btw I was just kidding before lol sorry bad taste.

Now, join us...? :samwelcome:
I give up.

You’re arguing blindly. Not thinking.

You don’t seem to know what the term objective means.
I really don't know what would convince you about Allah but may he guide you. You should read about Islam and study it more so you would have a better understanding. Also talk to qualified Muslim scholars or debaters about Islam and I could give you names if you want.

I don't know where to start but listen and read to Surah Ar-Rahman:
So which of the favours of your lord will you deny?

Or the 99 names of Allah:

I give up.

You’re arguing blindly. Not thinking.

nUT tHinKInG

and that ladies and gentlemne is what u say when u can't back up ur argument. I made a FANTASTIC argument. Whereas ur arguments are "bc we no longer need a god to know what’s right or wrong"
:susp::susp::susp::susp::susp::susp:

So what rule should humans follow? What's right or wrong? Tell me oh great philosopher @VixR

cus the federal law chnages every damn year. And when the law changes MORALS ALSO CHANGE

but God's law is EVERLASTINGGGGGG NIGGA

giphy.gif

Trending