Is this true ?

Somalis
IMG_4078.jpeg

eritreans
IMG_4079.jpeg

Basically eritreans are more likely to be closer to Europeans then other Africans while Somalis are more likely to be closer to other African then Europeans ?

I thought habesha with extra African genes made them closer to African then mena people ?

Yes this looks correct but G25 isn’t completely accurate some of the distances are completely wrong.

Eritreans are significantly more Eurasian than Somalis, as they are about 60% compared to Somalis 45%, they don’t have “extra African genes”.

image.jpeg

Here’s a good qpadm model on Eritreans, this shows they are roughly a third Yemeni Mahra relative to Somalis which is pretty significant.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
These are Eritreans Fst distances which is a measure of population differentiation due to genetic structure and this is measured by the variance of allele frequencies between the populations, this is a way better and more robust measure of genetic of distance than G25.

Yes this looks correct but G25 isn’t completely accurate some of the distances are completely wrong.

Eritreans are significantly more Eurasian than Somalis, as they are about 60% compared to Somalis 45%, they don’t have “extra African genes”.

View attachment 308968
Here’s a good qpadm model on Eritreans, this shows they are roughly a third Yemeni Mahra relative to Somalis which is pretty significant.

View attachment 308969
View attachment 308970
View attachment 308971View attachment 308972 These are Eritreans Fst distances which is a measure of population differentiation due to genetic structure and this is measured by the variance of allele frequencies between the populations, this is a way better and more robust measure of genetic of distance than G25.
Not 60% lol someone made a thread on here the average they get. The highest they could go is 60% but the average is 50-55% while Somalis get an average 45%.

Yes habesha has extra genes (someone said it in here ) but I think it’s called the omatic something like that + Nilotic while Somali only got Nilotic. So we score higher Nilotic but they score higher omatic and eursian.

Somalis
View attachment 308966

eritreans
View attachment 308967

Basically eritreans are more likely to be closer to Europeans then other Africans while Somalis are more likely to be closer to other African then Europeans ?

I thought habesha with extra African genes made them closer to African then mena people ?
That depends on the Eritrean since Eritrean isn't a single ethnicity and consists of many groups including literal Arabs. In general though Habesha do shift towards Eurasians whereas Somalis shift to Africans since the former is over 50% Eurasian while the latter is less than 50%. Not that it matters since Horners cluster pretty tightly and no one remotely plots close to any MENA group (aside from maybe Mozabite Berbers) let alone Europeans.
So we score higher Nilotic
Its not Nilotic, its Dinka like ancestry. The idea that we have Nilotic DNA is a myth.

That depends on the Eritrean since Eritrean isn't a single ethnicity and consists of many groups including literal Arabs. In general though Habesha do shift towards Eurasians whereas Somalis shift to Africans since the former is over 50% Eurasian while the latter is less than 50%. Not that it matters since Horners cluster pretty tightly and no one remotely plots close to any MENA group (aside from maybe Mozabite Berbers) let alone Europeans.
I know the average habesha from highland Eritreans all to ahmara get 50-55% eursian due to early mix from Sudan and extra south Arabian.

What about does Somali who hit above 50% how did they get those extra eursian genes unlike other Somalis such Kenyan Somali for example (which is the lowest if I’m correct? )
Its not Nilotic, its Dinka like ancestry. The idea that we have Nilotic DNA is a myth.
That means I’m also related to @Nilotic 🧐

Not 60% lol someone made a thread on here the average they get. The highest they could go is 60% but the average is 50-55% while Somalis get an average 45%.
It is 60%, most studies in recent years that estimate Eurasian ancestry in Eritreans/North Ethiopians will say they are 55-65% Eurasian

Yes habesha has extra genes (someone said it in here ) but I think it’s called the omatic something like that + Nilotic while Somali only got Nilotic. So we score higher Nilotic but they score higher omatic and eursian.
Yes habesha people have some Omotic/Mota-like ancestry but it’s not significant at all in Eritreans and overall they have less Sub Saharan African ancestry

Eritrean isn’t an ethnic group…but the vast majority of the Eritrea’s ethnic groups (except the Nilo-Saharans) are 25-35% more MENA than the average Somalis. They also have a minority Arabian nomadic population who are 100% Peninsular Arabian.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Chart shows we are closer to west africans then europeans, beesha trolls need to explains :trumpsmirk:

Viva mama Africa indeed kkkk

Last edited:
Can you link me to some studies? Most I've read say 50-55%.
The standard for Ethiopian Semites is 20-30% South Arabian DNA, with an average of ~25%.

When it comes to other groups in Eritrea, then that can range quite a bit. Eritrea has several ethnic groups, and there are wider differences within the Muslim ethnic populations, with Christians having an autosomal proportion tightness. This stems from Muslims having mixed variationally with Arabian migrants to the region, as I mentioned in my thread.

The Christians have not received additional Eurasian influence given the religious barrier for marriage, while observing how Muslims receive gene flow from Saharans and Arabs, accounting for higher internal diversity. Explaining why two Hadendowa samples were considerably Sudanic, brought on by what I think is a Nara or Kunama-type mixing.

We should account for some differences in Biher-Tigrinya Christian groups in Eritrea compared to the Tigray population of Ethiopia on account that they likely had different influences from Bejas when Bejas were non-Muslim and dominated through several established kingdoms in modern Eritrea.

The history of the land we call Eritrea is complex and should not be conflated with the Habash of the Ethiopian highlands of today's borders.

There is an issue with the Habash term, to begin with. Axum ruled over an area, but the area they ruled over was unlikely homogenous. Some were ethnically similar, others differed. The Amharas and Tigray go back to the same group who potentially was the main base for what we call "Habash" but go to Eritrea and things get complicated.

Chart shows we are closer to west africans then europeans, beesha trolls need to explains :trumpsmirk:

Viva mama Africa indeed kkkk
Not in a true sense, if we're speaking scientifically. In a true sense, even the African part of us split from West Africans 10,000 years or so before Eurasians and our East African DNA split. There is just something weird with models that do not take into account the drift of Africans despite the higher differentiation between African groups. And also that non-Africans had weird drift after they ventured out.

What I am telling you is that @Nilotic is mostly White.

The Amharas and Tigray go back to the same group who potentially was the main base for what we call "Habash" but go to Eritrea and things get complicated.
No lol Tigrinya speakers in Eritrea and Tigray and probably Tigres aswell go back to the same group who was the main base for the original Habesha not Amhara, Amhara adopted the term way later than North Ethio Semitic people. Amhara have no direct connection to Axum there affinity with the kingdom is largely due to the southward shift that happened during the decline of the empire so they absorbed some Axumite ancestry, also they mixed with Agaw/Zagwe people who have a closer connection to Axum than Amhara but ultimately not a single Axumite site has been discovered in Amhara, literally not a single one. And linguist place South Ethio Semitic south of Tigray pretty early on, during D’mt even so Amhara were at best a peripheral people who adopted Axumite culture and identity.

IMG_2307.jpeg

A lot of trolls like to manipulate coordinates to make Somalis seem more Eurasian and they pass them off as if they’re legit
I thought we are more closer to North Africans/Middle East than West Africa? Only the Beni Amer and Beja are more than 60%. According to illustrative, Gedmatch and other studies tigrinyas and Afars are 55% on Average and Amharas are 50% on average.

I thought we are more closer to North Africans/Middle East than West Africa? Only the Beni Amer and Beja are more than 60%. According to illustrative, Gedmatch and other studies tigrinyas and Afars are 55% on Average and Amharas are 50% on average.
It’s interesting because beni amer kinda looks Somalis even tho they’ve high eursian blood

We are as the original post made clear.
1658466841429.png