is there somali word that begins with "KH'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
I believe that they're loanwords from Arabic language and they start with 'خ' and 'kh' in Somali language.

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
How? I just did a extensive google search and came up with nothing?
20190330_152031.jpg
:trumpsmirk: extensive where?

I believe that they're loanwords from Arabic language and they start with 'خ' and 'kh' in Somali language.

actually we didnt have the 'kh' vowel in somali. instead our older people use 'q'.

khamri= qamri
khalad=qalad
khasiis=qasiis.etc

still arabic words but start with original somali vowels. therses no original somali word that begins with kh.

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
actually we didnt have the 'kh' vowel in somali. instead our older people use 'q'.

khamri= qamri
khalad=qalad
khasiis=qasiis.etc

still arabic words but start with original somali vowels. therses no original somali word that begins with kh.
Yeah, I know that but there are now words like that included in the Somali dictionary I believe. It wasn't used earlier, but now.

Like it's supposed to be qaniis not khaniis.

What about qoyaan? It means wetness or moisture I think and it's not an Arabic word. The Arabic word for wet is mubalil or rutubah

Some say it as Khoyaan and others say it as qoyaan due to difference in dialect.

Both can be used.
Screenshot_20190330-153424_Google.jpg click to view fully.

Or
20190330_153511.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I know that but there are now words like that included in the Somali dictionary I believe. It wasn't used earlier, but now.

Like it's supposed to be qaniis not khamis.

What about qoyaan? It means wetness or moisture I think and it's not an Arabic word. The Arabic word for wet is mubalil or rutubah

Some say it as Khoyaan and others say it as qoyaan due to difference in dialect.

Both can be used.
View attachment 70019 click to view fully.

Or View attachment 70020

we always have pure somali words start with q. , but because we didnt have the kh in somali vowels early somalis used the q instead cos they couldnt pronounce kh same way you cant say in english.
words start with q are pure somali mostly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending