Is Somalia an NGO state ?

does our country just function with Donations from other countries?

“The US is the largest donor of humanitarian aid to Somalia. Since 2006, the US has given over $3 billion in humanitarian aid, and since 2011, it has given over $253 million in developmental aid. In 2022, the US government contributed over $870 million in humanitarian aid to Somalia, which is more than half of all humanitarian funding for the country in 2022.”

Aid is not free, nations simply don’t give out free money and not get something in return. That been said, Somalia is slowly getting out of 32 years of anarchy. Germany, South Korea, Ukraine (currently), Rwanda etc. have all gone through what our nation is currently experiencing. Countries who have gone through civil unrest don’t miraculously become 1st world countries overnight. InshaAllah we’ll get there but it’ll be tough.

Yes
I call it the NGOcracy

the new currency notes will have 2 Bantu ladies in jilbaabs smiling and gay shit like that

neither Government nor private enterprise, NGOs are the parasites that drain Somali government and Somali business from ever developing, they send farmers to refugee camps, and instill victimhood in the populace.

I seen a video once of a somali NGO worker saying "these people are so poor, they dont have anything to eat" while there was vast wilderness behind her, like bro cultivate the land, build irrigation, raise crops, but when i looked at the underlying reason why Somalis couldn't do that, i realized it was a scam.

If i was in any leadership capacity in somalia, i would create a database and see how each NGO that operates in somalia is spending its donations and the "value" it brings, and if they are competing with local businesses or government services, i would make them hand over those services to Somali citizens.

US Foreign Aid by Country 2024
According to the Congressional Research Service, there are five categories of foreign aid: economic assistance, humanitarian aid, multilateral economic contributions, bilateral development aid, and military aid.

U.S. spent over $47 billion on foreign aid – about the same as 2018 and $1 billion more than in 2017.

What country has the US given the most aid to?

With $4.89 billion, Afghanistan is the country that has received the most aid from the United States. Israel has also received a huge portion of US aid and has been given $3.3 billion in aid.

10 countries that receive the most U.S. foreign aid:
aidByCountry.png

Trending