Is somali culture in danger of arabism/islamism?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odeg

Gedo
Are you suggesting the Quran only addresses the Arabs?
I have no idea how you came to that interpretation.
I did not say such thing. I know its claim of adressing the whole mankind but its hard to get away from the fact that it came to arabs first. Unless you are aware of native indian khalifa in the past Im bound to come to this very same conclusion. Its arab religion and clothing.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Are you speaking from experience?:lolbron:

Don't worry, not all Muslims are like this; and racism in of itself has nothing to do with Islam.
:ivers:

Never said it had anything to do with Islam (their racism). But the truth is... Most Saudis are pretty racist. They very casually call anyone dark-skinned "3abd/Cabd" in Riyadh. It's not even a venomous sort of racism at times, they just casually see you as beneath them. ;)

I did not say such thing. I know its claim of adressing the whole mankind but its hard to get away from the fact that it came to arabs first. Unless you are aware of native indian khalifa in the past Im bound to come to this very same conclusion. Its arab religion and clothing.
You're contradicting yourself. You remind me of the Jews of madina who were angry because the Messenger did not come from the Jews but rather the Arabs.
Yes the messenger of Allah was an Arab, get over it.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
I think we've established that the Hijaab is a comandment from Allah to the whole of mankind not just the Arabs.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Convenient how their clothing at the time was already halaal.

Why didn't you just share them (reliable Hadiths that say what you're claiming) instead of proclaiming that they exist? But whatever you say, bro. I don't care about making things sound Islamic. Like I said - not very religious. This stuff is less believable than Qabiil myths. But anyway, this thread stopped being interesting. No interest in discussing anything with some guys who are to busy being 3abds (slaves) under 3arab (that's exactly how your brothers within the Ummah see you, by the way). Don't expect prior replies or check-ins from me. ;)
It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah said: The riders used to pass by us when we were with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in ihraam. When they came near us we would lower our jilbaabs from our heads over our faces, and when they had passed by we would uncover our faces. Narrated by Abu Dawood, 1562.

Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “Allaah commanded the believing women, if they go out of their houses for some need, to cover their faces from the top of their heads with their jilbaabs, and to leave one eye showing.”

Odeg

Gedo
You're contradicting yourself. You remind me of the Jews of madina who were angry because the Messenger did not come from the Jews but rather the Arabs.
Yes the messenger of Allah was an Arab, get over it.
Wheres is the contradiction? And the rest is not even worth responding too,

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
Never said it had anything to do with Islam (their racism). But the truth is... Most Saudis are pretty racist. They very casually call anyone dark-skinned "3abd/Cabd" in Riyadh. It's not even a venomous sort of racism at times, they just casually see you as beneath them. ;)
They treat everyone including arabs badly. How do you expect them to treat somalis well when they are bombing yemenis and haven't even taken a single refugee from syria

They never wore Hijaab before Islam! Haha haha walaah you people are just exposing your utter ignorance.
Lol you believe the Quraishi women during jahiliyah wore jilbabs? [emoji23][emoji23]
Ignorant of Islam and history. Diabolical.

It was narrated from ‘Aa’ishah that Umar used to say to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “Let your wives be veiled.” But the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not do that. Then one night Sawdah bint Zam’ah, the wife of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), went out at ‘Isha’ time and she was a tall woman. ‘Umar called out to her: “We have recognized you, O Sawdah!” hoping that hijab would be revealed, then Allaah revealed the verse of hijab. Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 146; Muslim, 2170.

If the wives of the Prophet (SAW) didn't dress in a manner that is Islamically acceptable (post-hijab verses), what makes you think the women of the Quraysh have?

Odeg

Gedo
They treat everyone including arabs badly. How do you expect them to treat somalis well when they are bombing yemenis and haven't even taken a single refugee from syria
Yemen is in special condition. Its war there and maybe you have seen wars that people are treated good but I assure you this is not common at all. One thing I know for sure is that many arab countries have negative view on black people including somalis. I dont necessary have problem with racists and I dont like that behavior but I have bigger issues with the bootyclappers as slave of johnson would say. These people are void of self worth and respect.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
They never wore Hijaab before Islam! Haha haha walaah you people are just exposing your utter ignorance.
Lol you believe the Quraishi women during jahiliyah wore jilbabs? [emoji23][emoji23]
Ignorant of Islam and history. Diabolical.

You're insane.

They literally changed nothing, they dressed the same before and after, in fact the entire ME pretty much had a long standing tradition of veiled women since at least the Mesopotamians

Hebrews

03521b07563749eed201407cb23ac906.jpg

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
Yemen is in special condition. Its war there and maybe you have seen wars that people are treated good but I assure you this is not common at all. One thing I know for sure is that many arab countries have negative view on black people including somalis. I dont necessary have problem with racists and I dont like that behavior but I have bigger issues with the bootyclappers as slave of johnson would say. These people are void of self worth and respect.
Personally I don't care what some degacas thinks about me, their opinions have no effect on my life and i have no plan to ever go live in an carab country. The people who seem to be fixated on their racism are those who want to seek acceptance from them.

You're insane.

They literally changed nothing, they dressed the same before and after, in fact the entire ME pretty much had a long standing tradition of veiled women since at least the Mesopotamians

Hebrews

Hebrews already had strict moral guidelines bruh. Stop it here... Don't go any further.
:mjlol:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Hebrews already had strict moral guidelines bruh. Stop it here... Don't go any further.
:mjlol:

Again, the veil was a long standing practice in the entire region well before Islam.

"Umar called out to her: “We have recognized you, O Sawdah!” hoping that hijab would be revealed, then Allaah revealed the verse of hijab."

:mjkkk:

I don't want to offend anyone but

You're insane.

Hebrews

No the Quraishi women of jahiliyah never wore hijaab, definitely not jilbaab.
Is that painting meant to be proof for something? The women of Makkah and madina drastically changed their dress code after the verses of hijaab were revealed.
They weren't wearing mini skirts granted by they WEREN'T wearing jilbaabs.
You seriously need to study the seerah.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP

I said Saudis are pretty racist. As in not just towards dark-skinned people but I meant towards everyone. They're a very xenophobic lot. Well, it depends... Some are pretty good folk, of course. Also, it always cracks me up when people bring up the gulf countries and refugees so I'll explain something I've pointed out to people in the past:

Migrating to the Gulf (for non-gulfers) works based on money and little else. If you have a decent amount of cash to invest into a place like Doha or Riyadh or Dubai - then you're likely going to be welcomed. Or you're likely to be welcomed if you want to work as a laborer or if you're a skilled worker local companies can hire (Saudi is less open to the latter than Qatar and the UAE are, as far as I've seen). Otherwise... f*ck off. They don't care for all of this "humanitarian" stuff the West does. My family got here because my dad had some money and opened up some electronics shops in Riyadh, the second he suddenly ran out of money and couldn't renew our Visas would be the second they deported our asses, regardless of our Arab league membership or our status as fellow Muslims. They don't do "refugees" here. For the most part, anyway.

But that isn't to say they're totally closed off. Gulf countries like the UAE allow the foreigners in their country to outnumber them by about a ratio of 8:2. Saudi doesn't go that far but there are a lot of non-Saudis here nevertheless (mainly laborers, though).

Odeg

Gedo
Personally I don't care what some degacas thinks about me, their opinions have no effect on my life and i have no plan to ever go live in an carab country. The people who seem to be fixated on their racism are those who want to seek acceptance from them.
I see what you are saying but I dont know if I can agree with that last part. There are many somalis that I have seen that seek acceptance from arabs, and if you tell them that many arabs view them in negative light they will call you all kinds of names. This is from my experience and those who point out arab racism usually do it because there is some that cant seem to see it. Arabs can do no wrong in these people eyes but I agree with your first part. In the end of the day we are all humans and we have prejudices, and arabs are no different.

Again, the veil was a long standing practice in the entire region well before Islam.

"Umar called out to her: “We have recognized you, O Sawdah!” hoping that hijab would be revealed, then Allaah revealed the verse of hijab."

Because every single messenger came with revelation about hijaab. You're clutching at straws.

What's so funny about Umar's speech?

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
I see what you are saying but I dont know if I can agree with that last part. There are many somalis that I have seen that seek acceptance from arabs, and if you tell them that many arabs view them in negative light they will call you all kinds of names. This is from my experience and those who point out arab racism usually do it because there is some that cant seem to see it.
Good point, you are right in that sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts