Is somali culture in danger of arabism/islamism?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, the veil was a long standing practice in the entire region well before Islam.

"Umar called out to her: “We have recognized you, O Sawdah!” hoping that hijab would be revealed, then Allaah revealed the verse of hijab."

:mjkkk:

I don't want to offend anyone but

:mjkkk:
Say (O Muslims), "We believe in Allah and that which has been sent down to us and that which has been sent down to Ibrahim (Abraham), Isma'il (Ishmael), Ishaque (Isaac), Ya'qub (Jacob), and to Al-Asbat [the twelve sons of Ya'qub (Jacob)], and that which has been given to Musa (Moses) and 'Iesa (Jesus), and that which has been given to the Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and to Him we have submitted (in Islam)." (2:136)

RudeBoi

Feel my D in her abs call me Abdi
No the Quraishi women of jahiliyah never wore hijaab, definitely not jilbaab.
Is that painting meant to be proof for something? The women of Makkah and madina drastically changed their dress code after the verses of hijaab were revealed.
They weren't wearing mini skirts granted by they WEREN'T wearing jilbaabs.
You seriously need to study the seerah.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
What were they wearing then?
:damedamn:

What were they wearing then?
:damedamn:
It was narrated from Safiyyah bint Shaybah that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) used to say: When these words were revealed – “and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms)” – they took their izaars (a kind of garment) and tore them from the edges and covered their faces with them.

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4481. The following version was narrated by Abu Dawood (4102)

Edit: Ibn Hajar said in Fath al-Baari: There is a report of Ibn Abi Haatim via ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Uthmaan ibn Khaytham from Safiyyah that explains that. This report says: We mentioned the women of Quraysh and their virtues in the presence of ‘Aa’ishah and she said: “The women of Quraysh are good, but by Allaah I have never seen any better than the women of the Ansaar, or any who believed the Book of Allaah more strongly or had more faith in the Revelation. When Soorat al-Noor was revealed – “and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms)” – their menfolk came to them and recited to them what had been revealed, and there was not one woman among them who did not go to her apron, and the following morning they prayed wrapped up as if there were crows on their heads.

Last edited:

RudeBoi

It was narrated from Safiyyah bint Shaybah that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) used to say: When these words were revealed – “and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms)” – they took their izaars (a kind of garment) and tore them from the edges and covered their faces with them.

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4481. The following version was narrated by Abu Dawood (4102)

Edit: Ibn Hajar said in Fath al-Baari: There is a report of Ibn Abi Haatim via ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Uthmaan ibn Khaytham from Safiyyah that explains that. This report says: We mentioned the women of Quraysh and their virtues in the presence of ‘Aa’ishah and she said: “The women of Quraysh are good, but by Allaah I have never seen any better than the women of the Ansaar, or any who believed the Book of Allaah more strongly or had more faith in the Revelation. When Soorat al-Noor was revealed – “and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms)” – their menfolk came to them and recited to them what had been revealed, and there was not one woman among them who did not go to her apron, and the following morning they prayed wrapped up as if there were crows on their heads. It was also narrated clearly in the report of al-Bukhaari narrated above, where we see ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her), who was so knowledgeable and pious, praising them in this manner and stating that she had never seen any women who believed the Book of Allaah more strongly or had more faith in the Revelation. This clearly indicates that they understood from this verse – “and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms)” – that it was obligatory to cover their faces and that this stemmed from their belief in the Book of Allaah and their faith in the Revelation. It also indicates that women’s observing hijab in front of men and covering their faces is an act of belief in the Book of Allaah and faith in the Revelation. It is very strange indeed that some of those who claim to have knowledge say that there is nothing in the Qur’aan or Sunnah that says that women have to cover their faces in front of non-mahram men, even though the Sahaabi women did that in obedience to the command of Allaah in His Book, out of faith in the Revelation, and that this meaning is also firmly entrenched in the Sunnah, as in the report from al-Bukhaari quoted above. This is among the strongest evidence that all Muslim women are obliged to observe hijab.
So they were wearing Izaars? :patrice:

So are you telling me that the Quraishi women were basically wearing what Somali men wore back in the day and were bare breasted??

Cause this is what an Izaar looks like minus the western t-shirt
LUNGI-preview1-accessories-Izaar.jpg

So are you telling me that the Quraishi women were basically wearing what Somali men wore back in the day and were bare breasted??

Your troll game is getting weak bro. Izar could literally mean a skirt too. If lengthy enough, it could be used to cover the upper torso as well; so no, they weren't bare-chested. They (the Arabs, men & women) wore many different types of clothing at that time, it's not as if there was a single, monolithic trend that had no alternative. The Prophet (SAW) himself wore clothes that were from Yemen and other parts of the world.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
You're insane.

They literally changed nothing, they dressed the same before and after, in fact the entire ME pretty much had a long standing tradition of veiled women since at least the Mesopotamians

Hebrews

03521b07563749eed201407cb23ac906.jpg

Bahal is correct here. The Islamic narrative grossly exaggerates how much the Arabs changed under Islam in attire and various other things. The whole bullshit story about Arab men burying their infant daughters before Islam is a prime example of these sorts of exaggerations of how bad the "Jahiliya" was. One example would be that the Romans do describe Arab nomad women in the Levant, hundreds of years before Islam, as essentially wearing what sounded like veils. They even taught us this in an "Islamic studies" class I had to take as a kid here in Sa3udiland. Our teacher basically said:

"The veil existed before Islam and generally wearing baggy clothes and covering up like this was necessary given the desert environment these people lived in."

Found it surprising that she said this as it wasn't actually in our textbook, though.

Eeer no.
Who said they were bare breasted? They wore clothing that was revealing their shape/figure. Don't let your imagination run wild.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Bahal is correct here. The Islamic narrative grossly exaggerates how much the Arabs changed under Islam in attire and various other things. The whole bullshit story about Arab men burying their infant daughters before Islam is a prime example of these sorts of exaggerations of how bad the "Jahiliya" was. One example would be that the Romans do describe Arab nomad women in the Levant, hundreds of years before Islam, as essentially wearing what sounded like veils. They even taught us this in an "Islamic studies" class I had to take as a kid here in Sa3udiland. Our teacher basically said:

"The veil existed before Islam and generally wearing baggy clothes and covering up like this was necessary given the desert environment these people lived in."

Found it surprising that she said this as it wasn't actually in our textbook, though.
Every messenger came with hijaab comandment so it's not surprising the women of the levant (where many of the prophets were sent) were covered up in hijaab.
Sorry but I don't follow any culture Arab, Somali, British I follow the Qur'an and sunnah.
Go take your daughters back to fashion from 2 centuries ago if you like but most somali women aren't interested in backward culture.

RudeBoi

Kkkk enough arguing about what those focking dhegacas wore.

We need a cultural revolution we need multiple Mustafa Atatürks to pure our language and culture of any Arab influence and in the souths case any Swahili influence.

No more khaamis,turbans,suits & ties and most importantly no more Arabic words in our language :fittytousand:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Every messenger came with hijaab comandment so it's not surprising the women of the levant (where many of the prophets were sent) were covered up in hijaab.
Sorry but I don't follow any culture Arab, Somali, British I follow the Qur'an and sunnah.
Go take your daughters back to fashion from 2 centuries ago if you like but most somali women aren't interested in backward culture.

And you're entirely welcome to take your own daughters back to the Bronze and Iron Age Levant, man. Entirely welcome. Good luck to you on your own backward journey. Truly.

And you're entirely welcome to take your own daughters back to the Bronze and Iron Age Levant, man. Entirely welcome. Good luck to you on your own backward journey. Truly.
OK Mr 'I don't practice Islam' 'I just like to lie about it'. Lakum diinukum waliya diin

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP

Lol, you idiot... You realize the veil was a pagan tradition too, right? Pagan Mesopotamians used veils too and so did early non-monotheistic Canaanites. Unlike what you're camel-fucker religion likes to claim - polytheism is how religion started out in the Near East. Monotheism was a later invention. You're just an ilko-weyne darkie 3abd who's practicing Bronze, Iron and Middle Age Near Eastern culture while acting like he's better than folks who try to be "westernized" (don't count me in this club, you . Unlike you, I wasn't born to a couple of losers who probably shipped you off to the west like the refugees they truly are). Enjoy being a porch-monkey and Arabifying yourself and your daughters.

Also, just for your information, Islam is a product of Arab culture and history. No ifs and buts about it. Why do you think the Devil is a Djinn in Islam rather than a former Angel when there's no mention of Djinns in Judaism, among the early Canaanites or much later Christianity? It's because the Djinn concept comes from fucking Arab paganism, dumb ass. Look it up. You're literally following Discount-Judaism mixed in with Arab Pagan concepts and culture.

What get a Jew like attaturk to ban the hijaab and adhaan in Somalia? Keep dreaming hypocrites lol

Rofl, you're typical 3arabified retard. Really, akhi? Jewspiracies? Ataturk was a k*ke now? Is that why he tried to Turkify the shit out of everything and is practically the father of all this Turanist shit where they claim the Sumerians were Turks and what have you? Are you that retarded? Ataturk was born to a Turkic speaking Muslim family in Anatolia, any other claims are just your delusions. But, if it makes you feel any better... I wouldn't want anyone to ban hijabs or anything in Somalia. People's right to practice these faiths is theirs. If religion is to leave the region; it should be willingly.

No more replies from me to you, man. Got better things to do than reply to bloody 3abds busy serving their 3arab masters. Enjoy sucking their hairy penises and imitating their primitive culture. Don't waste your time breathing all hard and writing me some reply you'll think is a clever retort but is frankly as retarded as everything else you've posted. God bless.

Lol, you idiot... You realize the veil was a pagan tradition too, right? Pagan Mesopotamians used veils too and so did early non-monotheistic Canaanites. Unlike what you're camel-fucker religion likes to claim - polytheism is how religion started out in the Near East. Monotheism was a later invention. You're just an ilko-weyne darkie 3abd who's practicing Bronze, Iron and Middle Age Near Eastern culture while acting like he's better than folks who try to be "westernized" (don't count me in this club, you . Unlike you, I wasn't born to a couple of losers who probably shipped you off to the west like the refugees they truly are). Enjoy being a porch-monkey and Arabifying yourself and your daughters.

Also, just for your information, Islam is a product of Arab culture and history. No ifs and buts about it. Why do you think the Devil is a Djinn in Islam rather than a former Angel when there's no mention of Djinns in Judaism, among the early Canaanites or much later Christianity? It's because the Djinn concept comes from fucking Arab paganism, dumb ass. Look it up. You're literally following Discount-Judaism mixed in with Arab Pagan concepts and culture.

Rofl, you're typical 3arabified retard. Really, akhi? Jewspiracies? Ataturk was a k*ke now? Is that why he tried to Turkify the shit out of everything and is practically the father of all this Turanist shit where they claim the Sumerians were Turks and what have you? Are you that retarded? Ataturk was born to a Turkic speaking Muslim family in Anatolia, any other claims are just your delusions. But, if it makes you feel any better... I wouldn't want anyone to ban hijabs or anything in Somalia. People's right to practice these faiths is theirs. If religion is to leave the region; it should be willingly.

No more replies from me to you, man. Got better things to do than reply to bloody 3abds busy serving their 3arab masters. Enjoy sucking their hairy penises and imitating their primitive culture. God bless.
Weren't you claiming to be a 'non-practicing muslim' before? Now it's a camel fucking religion? couldn't contain the murtad in you I see. Kkkk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending