Is it time we leave behind the idea of a meher

Ibrahim, alhamdulliah life is very good at the moment. I don't like to talk about it due to ayn. That is all you're getting from me.

I don't pay any bills of any kind since marrying. My husband does very well, also I'm in my mid 20s. You're assessment couldn't be further from the truth.
That sounds like a leech to me.

Lum

رَّبِّ زِدْنِي عِلْمًا
If a man gave you money to be his girlfriend you would slap him across the face. But it’s OK if you’re his wife..

These types of arrangements set up the path that you are a commodity that he has purchased for a cheap price.

I won’t be accepting a meher out of principle. Because I am priceless. We all know when Somali men get angry the first thing they say is “I paid a meher for you”.

Honestly girls whatever you think you are getting it’s not worth it and it will come back to bite you. Whether you want to acknowledge it or not when someone gives you something you feel you have to give something back.

Now let’s talk about this exchange. Let’s be real the medium meher for a Somali couple is 2-5 k and an offer to pay half of it after a divorce. After the divorce you will not receive a penny I promise you. And this is all in return for cooking, cleaning and child rearing. Go and look at the salary for cleaners, chefs and nanny’s and tell me what it equates. It won’t be 5k darling.

Ladies don’t play yourself.
Mehr is apart of our religion Al-Islam.

So you admit you put an act online like a tough feminist but in real life you're just a submissive wife :mjlol:

A happy wife that is respected and listened to will happily listen to her man.

A lot of these misogynists will have rebellious and angry wives as they don't value them as people with feelings.

:gaasdrink:

.....or they just marry them from back home and abuse them economically.

Sambuus

Inactive
In Somali dhaqan, you only pay mehr after divorcing. What you get before the marriage is called Sayuuto if im not wrong which is abit of gold.

Also if you married with family approval, you will receive help even after you divorced, like who the hell thinks about divorce before even getting married :drakewtf:

Expensive mehr causes corruption in society and makes zina easy.
The Prophet's daughters mehr wasn't even $500 and the mehr is a gift, not insurance money:francis:
Care to elaborate?

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Care to elaborate?
In Somali marriages, the dahab that the wife is given is not the mehr but rather sayuuto. The mehr is stated in the nikah but is not paid except in divorce. The sayuuto is for both the family and the bride although the family are given either money or xoolo

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
Bashing faraxs doesnt make you a simp, makes you a man with honor.
Besides, if a xalimo does some foul sht ill be the first to speak up.
Im neutral sxb.
Never said you were but talking like a white liberal won't help your case since some people already deem you sus

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
If a man gave you money to be his girlfriend you would slap him across the face. But it’s OK if you’re his wife..

These types of arrangements set up the path that you are a commodity that he has purchased for a cheap price.

I won’t be accepting a meher out of principle. Because I am priceless. We all know when Somali men get angry the first thing they say is “I paid a meher for you”.

Honestly girls whatever you think you are getting it’s not worth it and it will come back to bite you. Whether you want to acknowledge it or not when someone gives you something you feel you have to give something back.

Now let’s talk about this exchange. Let’s be real the medium meher for a Somali couple is 2-5 k and an offer to pay half of it after a divorce. After the divorce you will not receive a penny I promise you. And this is all in return for cooking, cleaning and child rearing. Go and look at the salary for cleaners, chefs and nanny’s and tell me what it equates. It won’t be 5k darling.

2-3k for a full-time 24 hours 7 days a week beautiful maid. Where do I sign up? /s

Tukraq

VIP

wouldn't a ring be the same concept?

Trending

Latest posts