Is it time we leave behind the idea of a meher

Muji

VIP
If a man gave you money to be his girlfriend you would slap him across the face. But it’s OK if you’re his wife..

These types of arrangements set up the path that you are a commodity that he has purchased for a cheap price.

I won’t be accepting a meher out of principle. Because I am priceless. We all know when Somali men get angry the first thing they say is “I paid a meher for you”.

Honestly girls whatever you think you are getting it’s not worth it and it will come back to bite you. Whether you want to acknowledge it or not when someone gives you something you feel you have to give something back.

Now let’s talk about this exchange. Let’s be real the medium meher for a Somali couple is 2-5 k and an offer to pay half of it after a divorce. After the divorce you will not receive a penny I promise you. And this is all in return for cooking, cleaning and child rearing. Go and look at the salary for cleaners, chefs and nanny’s and tell me what it equates. It won’t be 5k darling.

Ladies don’t play yourself.

Muji

VIP
u know what worse than the idea of meher? having to meet her family and getting to know them.:shookgabre:

No that’s a must lol. If she’s to embarrassed to introduce you to her family then it’s a sign for her to let you go.

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
@Knowles at least maids get paid monthly. They also dont have to take contraceptives because they are having sex with him or risk unplanned pregnancy.

Mehr is suppose to be a gift to the bride. It is NOT a transaction. That sounds like slave trade:farole:

Not to care for men but imagine asking for 10k before the divorce lol. You’re supposed to be married and living life together but instead your hoarding 10k which could have been used for so much better stuff together but you’d rather buy a new phone and designer bags whilst your husband is becoming broke paying 10k, it’s purely selfish
Worst thing is that it’s a one-time payment. Become a sugar baby if you want money from a man, atleast they’re constantly eating good:hillarybiz:

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
2-5k for mehr :noneck: maybe if you are in Somalia that’s acceptable but not in the west. Anyways Mehr is a security money for the woman, you are suppose to save that money and use it when he’s no longer there, it’s like alimony money but instead of getting it after the divorce you get it before, it’s islamic not culture.

More anti-Islamic nonsense. I guess following this kind of logic, one should go all the way and stick it to the "male oppressors" by worshipping Satan.

That would be following this kind of logic to its logical conclusion.

mrlog

VIP
Not to care for men but imagine asking for 10k before the divorce lol. You’re supposed to be married and living life together but instead your hoarding 10k which could have been used for so much better stuff together but you’d rather buy a new phone and designer bags whilst your husband is becoming broke paying 10k, it’s purely selfish
Worst thing is that it’s a one-time payment. Become a sugar baby if you want money from a man, atleast they’re constantly eating good:hillarybiz:

Walaalo 10k is peanuts.
Any man who becomes broke simply by paying 10k ain’t a real nigga.

I can pay that regularly and still stay a float.

:westbrookswag:

Trending

Latest posts