Is it time we leave behind the idea of a meher

Men who ignore what women say are successful with women ironically.

Wallahi only listen to your father. Moms are good, but theyre inherently inhibiting.

Mimir

Caafimaad baby
If a man gave you money to be his girlfriend you would slap him across the face. But it’s OK if you’re his wife..

These types of arrangements set up the path that you are a commodity that he has purchased for a cheap price.

I won’t be accepting a meher out of principle. Because I am priceless. We all know when Somali men get angry the first thing they say is “I paid a meher for you”.

Honestly girls whatever you think you are getting it’s not worth it and it will come back to bite you. Whether you want to acknowledge it or not when someone gives you something you feel you have to give something back.

Now let’s talk about this exchange. Let’s be real the medium meher for a Somali couple is 2-5 k and an offer to pay half of it after a divorce. After the divorce you will not receive a penny I promise you. And this is all in return for cooking, cleaning and child rearing. Go and look at the salary for cleaners, chefs and nanny’s and tell me what it equates. It won’t be 5k darling.

Ladies don’t play yourself.
Tell me,what are you trying to promote?

Mimir

Caafimaad baby
I predict @Knowles complaining about how her husband divorced and left her without a penny:hemad:

Walal Meher doesn't have to be money.It can range from an apple to a glorious trip to Makkah. It all depends on the decision made by both parties.

VixR

Veritas
I disagree with you for once. You’ve been hoodwinked. It’s irrelevant if you take mehr or not. The truth of it is, you dictate how you’re treated, with the money or without it.

And 2-5k? Subhanallah, I should hope not. Don’t ever think lowering the meher for him is a good idea.

Somali women couldn’t have lower expectations of Somali men. I partly blame the low expectation of other Somali women when I see the Somali guys out there. I can’t stoop. Maybe, revisit meher when you’ve (general you) flushed out all the other things seemingly a lot of Somali women dismiss them of, and shoulder themselves instead. I hate to see it.

Trending