Is it time we leave behind the idea of a meher

But thats the point. You exposed yourself. How tragic.

:gaasdrink:

Next time, don't expose your Ls to the world. I simply couldn't help but use that to drag you. :siilaanyolaugh:
Lol you’re husband makes you work and pay bills miyaa? Miskeen. That’s why you don’t help out your mom as often as u used to. You’re busy chipping in rent for a two bedroom apartment somewhere in UK. That’s why you so angry.

If a man gave you money to be his girlfriend you would slap him across the face. But it’s OK if you’re his wife..

These types of arrangements set up the path that you are a commodity that he has purchased for a cheap price.

I won’t be accepting a meher out of principle. Because I am priceless. We all know when Somali men get angry the first thing they say is “I paid a meher for you”.

Honestly girls whatever you think you are getting it’s not worth it and it will come back to bite you. Whether you want to acknowledge it or not when someone gives you something you feel you have to give something back.

Now let’s talk about this exchange. Let’s be real the medium meher for a Somali couple is 2-5 k and an offer to pay half of it after a divorce. After the divorce you will not receive a penny I promise you. And this is all in return for cooking, cleaning and child rearing. Go and look at the salary for cleaners, chefs and nanny’s and tell me what it equates. It won’t be 5k darling.

Ladies don’t play yourself.
I agree with you 100%, especially with the fact that a lot of woman put their value on it.

Since meher is mandory in Islam, I would just tell a man to pay for my ring and that could be my meher.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
I agree with you 100%, especially with the fact that a lot of woman put their value on it.

Since meher is mandory in Islam, I would just tell a man to pay for my ring and that could be my meher.
I would you give you a state of the art Technical and a Madowwayne maid as mehr if you are down:mjswag:

Stop calling men broke when u are paying to live in another person’s apartment. You have no property to your name, I highly doubt you even own a car and you’re almost if not in your 30’s that’s tuff wallahi.

Ibrahim, alhamdulliah life is very good at the moment. I don't like to talk about it due to ayn. That is all you're getting from me.

I don't pay any bills of any kind since marrying. My husband does very well, also I'm in my mid 20s. You're assessment couldn't be further from the truth.