Is Drake the GOAT of Rap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comparing their magnum opera Kanye comes out with a clean win in my opinion. Kanye's magnum opus being MBDTF, it comes out on top against any individual album Drake has put out.

Drake however, has the most consist career in rap or music history. He has the true midas touch. Going through his Spotify profile right now and this guy has had so many global hits I literally forget about them. Last year he peaked with 7 of his songs in the top 10

Last edited:

Muji

VIP
Comparing their magnum opera Kanye comes out with a clean win in my opinion. Kanye's magnum opus being MBDTF, it comes out on top against any individual album Drake has put out.

Drake however, has the most consist career in rap or music history. He has the true midas touch. Going through his Spotify profile right now and this guy has had some many global hits I literally forget about them. Last year he peaked with 7 of his songs in the top 10

I don’t think Drake is a singular person, he has taken so much from so many different people. Smart business man, but it makes him lack authenticity.

I don’t expect a decent response from you which doesn’t include insults but I am interested in this topic.

Drake however, has the most consist career in rap or music history. He has the true midas touch. Going through his Spotify profile right now and this guy has had so many global hits I literally forget about them. Last year he peaked with 7 of his songs in the top 10
He's the best now, but now way the goat. Many of 7 songs on top 10 was r&b and thats it. He is a hit-maker not the Goat

I don’t expect a decent response from you which doesn’t include insults but I am interested in this topic.

That's actually a valid point considering the fact that Drake has taken other people's work. Kanye doesn't write a lot of his verses, but at least he composes his own projects.

Would you look at that, even a fat broken clock is right twice a day

Canadians suck at rapping. Wannabe Americans. Stop following invent ur own shit! Forreal dawg! Ya dig!
You didn't invent rapping you dumbass. African Americans did. Y'all other Americans are the ones who want to be AA badly and copy their culture 24/7.

Drake is Canadian and the most famous and successful rapper. Y'all are just jealous.

Ok first of all f*ck 2pac and his trash music

Updated conditons: not rapper, but artists. Who produce(s/d) the best music in the genre

You didn't invent rapping you dumbass. African Americans did. Y'all other Americans are the ones who want to be AA badly and copy their culture 24/7.

Drake is Canadian and the most famous and successful rapper. Y'all are just jealous.

Naya drake kiintirka ha ka Leefo

Muji

VIP
That's actually a valid point considering the fact that Drake has taken other people's work. Kanye doesn't write a lot of his verses, but at least he composes his own projects.

Would you look at that, even a fat broken clock is right twice a day

When I clap back you’ll be crying to @Abdalla that this is personal :birdman:

Tukraq

VIP

we are African Americans:faysalwtf: last time I checked Somalia is in africa:siilaanyosmile:
also drake literally has ghost writes or copies all his songs, plus tries to use an American accent:mahubowtf: in what way is he considered talented:noneck: if all you have to do is recite lyrics written out for you while theirs autotune:farmajoyaab: he is however a talented actor, from Degrassi days and has learned to emulate an American accent which is why him and tory lanes do better than all other canadian rappers who talk like ehh nizedat alhie:chrisfreshhah: aint noone going to bump that trash:mjlol: tory claims his newyork side and drake his Memphis side for a reason

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
Ok first of all f*ck 2pac and his trash music

Updated conditons: not rapper, but artists. Who produce(s/d) the best music in the genre
4811C3987F4EC60D3B3D4AAEBDD36585D69C24D3

:pacspit: Don’t disrespect the GOAT

we are African Americans:faysalwtf: last time I checked Somalia is in africa:siilaanyosmile:
also drake literally has ghost writes or copies all his songs, plus tries to use an American accent:mahubowtf: in what way is he considered talented:noneck: if all you have to do is recite lyrics written out for you while theirs autotune:farmajoyaab: he is however a talented actor, from Degrassi days and has learned to emulate an American accent which is why him and tory lanes do better than all other canadian rappers who talk like ehh nizedat alhie:chrisfreshhah: aint noone going to bump that trash:mjlol: tory claims his network side and drake his Memphis side for a reason
What's an American accent? :chrisfreshhah:
He legit uses Canadian slang 24/7, and the only culture he appropriates is Jamaican.Caribbean culture.

And did you just say Somalis are African American? :mjlol:No you ain't. You don't descend from American chattle slavery!

Drake is still the #1 most famous and successful rapper. He's always on the charts. Stay jealous.

Tukraq

VIP
What's an American accent? :chrisfreshhah:
He legit uses Canadian slang 24/7, and the only culture he appropriates is Jamaican.Caribbean culture.

And did you just say Somalis are African American? :mjlol:No you ain't. You don't descend from American chattle slavery!
African American means an American citizen from Africa:mahubowtf:
even elon musk claims African American:siilaanyolaugh:
he literally uses a straight up American accent along with tory lanez, listen to how they speak compared with say robin banks and pressa:chrisfreshhah: he only appropriated Jamaican slang in this freestyle which was seen as trash and wouldn't sell in America but can get cheap British Canadian and islander views
however here he went back to his American accent it it was much better
its a stark difference

Only reason he's the most famous is cause he makes alot of pop and radio-friendly songs, not cause he extremly good. Pusha T bodied him and he didn't manage to do a shit about it

African American means an American citizen from Africa:mahubowtf:
even elon musk claims African American:siilaanyolaugh:
he literally uses a straight up American accent along with tory lanez, listen to how they speak compared with say robin banks and pressa:chrisfreshhah: he only appropriated Jamaican slang in this freestyle which was seen as trash and wouldn't sell in America but can get cheap British Canadian and islander views
however here he went back to his American accent it it was much better
its a stark difference

I have to admit drake behind barz was dope but he might as well become an American. In my opinion the greatest rapper alive is biggie smalls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending