Is college a scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
So many people I know who graduated from university but driving a taxi. I guess majoring in Political Science and being buried in debt was worth it?

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Canada has the most graduates per capita (61%) in the Western world.

But in some Western countries like Germany, only like 25-32% have a degree.

Source: https://data.oecd.org/eduatt/population-with-tertiary-education.htm

Massive degree inflation in Canada.
Germans put great emphasis on hands on work aka real skills. That is why they are the number one manufacturer of cars in the world. HS students in Germany prefer to go to a VW apprenticeship than a university

Apollo

VIP
Germans put great emphasis on hands on work aka real skills. That is why they are the number one manufacturer of cars in the world. HS students in Germany prefer to go to a VW apprenticeship than a university

The university bubble is slowly taking off there as well, but still, nothing compared to Canada.

Also, German universities are incredibly hard. They are not high on the international rankings as they don't publish many studies in the English language, but their standards are extremely high.

Education in information technology, medicine, industries such as construction and machinery will guarantee a job in the future.

I would recommend a uni diploma, because in this day and age, most employers throw application out the window if you don't have that basic requirement. They would rather employ people that seem more professional and not invest time and money on people who have learned things the unorthodox way. You find few uneducated peoples who get good jobs on big firms, but don't compare yourself to them, they often have rare talents that exceeds the norm on one specific area.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
Wallahi your woke my brother, I love that guy on youtube he speaks the truth and always makes you swallow the black pill dry.

college is a big scam, apprenticeship and hands on skills earn way more + pay.

Wallahi we think alike :fittytousand:
Wallahi that's right saxib
Am glad their are woke brothers out their
Those red pill guys are like the big brother I never had :mjcry:

Genesisx72

living off borrowed time
If possible study a degree apprenticeship, this guarantees you a salary, experience in what you'll be doing (which is invaluable to employers), a degree, no debt and a guaranteed job. I'd apply to as many as I could as it's really a better alternative.

Or go to trade school, things such as plumbing may seem low status and worthless but it's in a very high demand sector and a far better option then getting a degree from a saturated industry, being in debt and unemployed.

Lastly, if you do go to college try to get a degree in STEM as they are excellent skills that are desired. Medicine + Dentistry guarantee a job but come with insane debt. The military is a good way to avoid the debt if that's your main concern. Plenty of bursaries targeting students.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending