Is college a scam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not in the IT sector.

Vitalik Buterin did not finish college and become a multi-millionaire.. recently Google asked him to join their staff but he declined.
A lot of people are gonna learn coding in college when I apply for a job with no diploma but other do. So it's gonna make the job market more harder for people who go to boot camp coding or self learn

Apollo

VIP
A lot of people are gonna learn coding in college when I apply for a job with no diploma but other do. So it's gonna make the job market more harder for people who go to boot camp coding or self learn

Learn to code on your own and at least go to community college. That is more than enough.

USA college debt can ruin your life.

VixR

Veritas
I would not advise not going, but nowadays there are many alternative options.. especially in the IT sector (self-study, free market-based certificates).
I think “many” is putting it loosely. Most people won’t benefit from that. They’ll sooner take the guy with the certificate and the degree, unless you have a plug.

Find a job that allows you to study, and go to school. And start yesterday. At least go to trade school if nothing else.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Apollo

VIP
Or I can move to another country with different identity

All the developed countries work together and have debt collecting agencies that operate there.

1024px-OECD_member_states_map.svg.png

Unless you want to live in a third world shithole where you might get away scotfree.

Didn't pay a dime in college matter of fact I got a check every semester. I have a finance degree and got a job almost immediately after graduating. It's just luck

Be smart, major in something useful. I don't get people who get useless degrees than cry about being unemployed, just pick something that has high employment rates in your country and is aline with your skills. I'm very logical and prefer being alone so I picked a field that would cater to me and pay well, my degree will help pay off my debt quickly when I graduate.

Maybe try to get a scholarship? The whole "degrees are useless" nonsense makes me sick to my stomach, it's always the least educated idiots going off about that, the reality is in this world a college degree has a lot of value. It puts you at a different playing field than those without one, a lot of reputable companies won't hire someone without one even in tech.

Apollo

VIP
Maybe try to get a scholarship? The whole "degrees are useless" nonsense makes me sick to my stomach, it's always the least educated idiots going off about that, the reality is in this world a college degree has a lot of value. It puts you at a different playing field than those without one, a lot of reputable companies won't hire someone without one even in tech.

White people can get semi-decent careers without college.

For ethnic minorities, probably not so much.

#WhitePrivilege, shit is real.

White people can get semi-decent careers without college.

For ethnic minorities, probably not so much.

#WhitePrivilege, shit is real.
nah fam there was this white girl in my college she had like a 3.0 gpa we had the same major I had a 2.3 gpa yet I got a job while she is still looking for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts