Is a working woman masculine?

Sorry, I got carried away by the working part. Yes there are biological, personality and cultural variations in how men and women act they way they do. Yes men are more common in leadership positions than women now, that doesn’t mean we should encourage younger women not to be leaders since it is a man’s job. Some women tend to double think, worry more, complicate things more because we overthink too much. Constantly any thoughts that we say or anything we do is constantly being attacked from a young age, hence you see a lot of hesitancy from women where urgent decisions and instant creative solutions don’t need all that time to be thought for that will not help to be a leader and that could be fixed I think. Studies for example show that daughters to women in managing positions tend to do better in their careers compared to daughters of a traditional household. Because children’s thought process and how they see gender roles and interactions is greatly shaped from their family and their community.

But I again stand with my point some women are not trying to equate with men or faking masculinity. They are doing what they want to do, because that is who they are. No one is happy with anything 100%, women who are leaders can be sad or depressed, why link it to their positions? Women who are housewives can also be depressed (which personally I have seen and the movie called “revolutionary road” depicts this aspect too). But some men are perceiving that differently. No one can change an extrovert to an introvert, it is somehow impossible. If certain men are not attracted to women being leaders and being serious in their job, that’s his own issue, why talk on behalf of the entire male gender. No need for generalizing and enforcing certain cultural beliefs (that is not constructive) into young girls saying that should happen and this shouldn’t happen “to some extent”.

Does every female leader other than doing her job exactly acts like a man (which requires seriousness and not double checking for answers which is common in women generally due to cultural upbringings, otherwise no one will respect her)? Does she stop wearing makeup? Does she stop wearing female clothing ? Is interested in sports? Is interested in bodybuilding? Does she develop the body language of male? No!

when we say “men acting like women”? It is more related to clothing and the body languages of a female.
I feel like you're missing the whole point. Trying to be masculine or pretending to be male is not the same argument as saying, a female CEO carries masculine traits. The latter is unquestionable. To be a CEO, as an example, you have to have specific traits which will undoubtedly characterize you as un-feminine in a lot of regards, that is, an agentic personality profile, which is a lot closer to the male disposition than the woman (meaning, a woman has to move a lot from their normal temperament, as shown in the general public). That's just the job demand to drive in performance requirements, so there is a homogenizing effect of female executives with male executives, through selection pressures of professionalism to meet job demands. Furthermore, expressing those traits in the normative context of relationships surely will affect the quality of the marriage between two partners, and it is true that in general, these high-achieving women are way less feminine that the average woman. The issue with society (really just corporate capitalistic culture trying to mold people) is when they double down to put that as an ideal archetype, ignoring the realities that put upon the woman, their needs and to a large extent incongruent with basic relationships dynamics with the opposite sex.

I'm just telling you how it is. My comments were not against the working women or high achieving women either, you can do whatever you want, and you should indeed have personal drivers to achieve something, or at least strive to put you in a favorable position in life. The issue is the lack of awareness that comes with the latter, such as these type of threads. I get it, there are too many women and men that have these relationship advice content on the internet always reduce things into a self-serving caricature of life where they have things figured out and paint a world where everything is filtered through their confirmation bias where they typically need the least change. A lot of the issues stem from the economic system and how institutional policy doesn't cater well to human needs, with society becoming more and more atomized, increasingly less successful marriages, etc. but that's a discussion for another day.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I'll put on an apron and start dusting the house like a 50s style housewife if she's willing to chip in with the mortgage payments sxb. The guys who think working = masculine/unattractive don't seem to understand the economic situation we're in :heh:

wait a minute Mr. foodie--- u already put on an apron
1657027971033.png

I feel like you're missing the whole point. Trying to be masculine or pretending to be male is not the same argument as saying, a female CEO carries masculine traits. The latter is unquestionable. To be a CEO, as an example, you have to have specific traits which will undoubtedly characterize you as un-feminine in a lot of regards, that is, an agentic personality profile, which is a lot closer to the male disposition than the woman (meaning, a woman has to move a lot from their normal temperament, as shown in the general public). That's just the job demand to drive in performance requirements, so there is a homogenizing effect of female executives with male executives, through selection pressures of professionalism to meet job demands. Furthermore, expressing those traits in the normative context of relationships surely will affect the quality of the marriage between two partners, and it is true that in general, these high-achieving women are way less feminine that the average woman. The issue with society (really just corporate capitalistic culture trying to mold people) is when they double down to put that as an ideal archetype, ignoring the realities that put upon the woman, their needs and to a large extent incongruent with basic relationships dynamics with the opposite sex.

I'm just telling you how it is. My comments were not against the working women or high achieving women either, you can do whatever you want, and you should indeed have personal drivers to achieve something, or at least strive to put you in a favorable position in life. The issue is the lack of awareness that comes with the latter, such as these type of threads. I get it, there are too many women and men that have these relationship advice content on the internet always reduce things into a self-serving caricature of life where they have things figured out and paint a world where everything is filtered through their confirmation bias where they typically need the least change. A lot of the issues stem from the economic system and how institutional policy doesn't cater well to human needs, with society becoming more and more atomized, increasingly less successful marriages, etc. but that's a discussion for another day.
We all carry masculine and feminine traits though and a well rounded person knows when certain traits are needed in certain environments.

You'll hardly find a woman on this planet that doesn't have traits that people may consider masculine. Some more than others. Even confidence, which is something everyone should have can be deemed as 'masculine' in certain environments.

Last edited:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I don't get the "foodie" and "fat boy" accussation eedo, are you just trying to gaslight me into PMing you shirtless pics of me flexing in the gym mirror or something? :mjlol:

no huuno. no naked pics. ayeeyo is retired. u could share your medication tho. r u bipolar?

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTR8EDu37/?k=1

What are your thoughts on this video? I personally don’t agree. To be deemed as masculine or feminine, wouldn’t the main thing you look to consider be how you portray yourself and not your occupation/education??

Have you noticed that many religious men are against women working? If there is no ruling against women working in Islam why do they hate it so much?

Woman has job = Money = Independence = Not relying on her husband = If he tries some dumb shit she has the resources to get the hell out

These men are scared and they themselves are not in their masculine energy that’s why they’re projecting onto women telling them they aren’t feminine. Reverse psychology

Why does nobody talk about how insecure a lot of men are?
Who even listen to men uff. They are contradictory wants a women to be a housewife but you better not be a gold digger.

zackattack

Cowabunga
I'll put on an apron and start dusting the house like a 50s style housewife if she's willing to chip in with the mortgage payments sxb. The guys who think working = masculine/unattractive don't seem to understand the economic situation we're in :heh:

Times are rough in the west everyone has to chip in , shit I want a sugar mommy my wife can be richer then me I don't care I NEED HELP with these mortgage payments .

Can he afford to have his future wife not work? Paying for himself is difficult for a average working class man. Add in a wife and maybe a kid on a single income. That would provide a terrible lifestyle
lol that was exactly what I was thinking. wages are stagnant and inflation is no joke. 2 working parents are necessary to maintain a household and keep finances afloat.

King Khufu

Dignified Gentlemen
I prefer to be the bread winner so she can be the princess.

But if she must earn extra income, it must be by legitimate standards only! A real man would never let his love fall for a scam.

Trending