Is a 22 year age gap too much?

My family friend was born in 2001 and she wants to marry this guy who was born in 1979💀💀 Her father approves because apparently he knows the guys and thinks he’s good enough, but her mom, myself and the rest of the family are quite skeptical. Wtf does an old ass man want from a young girl. The thing is he’s kinda a weirdo with hippie vibes and likes hiking/ nature. He doesn’t look old tbh and they have the same interests. She really likes him because he takes her on vacations to explore different places her parents would never let her go to. Right now they’re in Greece and a couple of weeks ago they were in Thailand.

Should I just leave her alone and let her wait and see how things turn out or should I try to force a set up with a family friend she used to date but ended up dropping for this guy.

My family friend was born in 2001 and she wants to marry this guy who was born in 1979💀💀 Her father approves because apparently he knows the guys and thinks he’s good enough, but her mom, myself and the rest of the family are quite skeptical. Wtf does an old ass man want from a young girl. The thing is he’s kinda a weirdo with hippie vibes and likes hiking/ nature. He doesn’t look old tbh and they have the same interests. She really likes him because he takes her on vacations to explore different places her parents would never let her go to. Right now they’re in Greece and a couple of weeks ago they were in Thailand.

Should I just leave her alone and let her wait and see how things turn out or should I try to force a set up with a family friend she used to date but ended up dropping for this guy.

She is over 18 years old if she wants to be with this guy it's her business.

alien

📍outer space
VIP
at least if she's going for an older guy, he better be rich... who cares about age when you live wealthy
:kanyeshrug:

at least if she's going for an older guy, he better be rich... who cares about age when you live wealthy
:kanyeshrug:
True I’m lowkey jealous. He asked her if she wanted to build a mosque and trades school in Somalia so ppl could learn like construction and welding or smth like that I forget...anyways at least we all eating I guess

Is the sun a source of heat? The 42 year old man is old enough to be her father.

My 67 year old uncle (father's 4th cousin) married a 19 year old girl -- and his own daughters (in their 20s) publicly condemned him for it.

It's wrong.

alien

📍outer space
VIP
True I’m lowkey jealous. He asked her if she wanted to build a mosque and trades school in Somalia so ppl could learn like construction and welding or smth like that I forget...anyways at least we all eating I guess
she's smart for getting into an older guys pocket. age doesn't matter when it comes to wealth

alien

📍outer space
VIP
My 67 year old uncle (father's 4th cousin) married a 19 year old girl and his own daughters (in ther 20s) publicly condemned him for it.

It's wrong.

that's weird...

giphy.gif

Yeah but you should care about what your family thinks before marrying someone because they’re technically marrying the family as well...
What can you really do? What if she says she is marrying this guy no matter what?
You got to let people live their own lives they are doing nothing illegal.

They going on vacations together and their not married yet ? Woah

What can you really do? What if she says she is marrying this guy no matter what?
You got to let people live their own lives they are doing nothing illegal.
If they have kids though he’s going to be a lot older and might not be able to do as much things a younger father could. But oh wel it’s her choice

You should let things go 💀they’re 100% smashing. No man will bring a woman to a trip if it’s not his wife.

This is why I have very little faith in the avg Somali father to protect or care for his daughters. Any other non-Somali aabo would’ve been absolutely disgusted and enraged and would want to protect his daughter instinctively. He’d encourage her to get an educating but instead he wants her to be with an old tired man who will control and abuse her. So in other words he has the best interest of the man at heart and not his own daughter’s smh!

Also, this guy is not even a millennial, he’s gen X. There are two whole generations between him and her. Also at age 41 gen x farah why is he single if he’s so amaizing smh. May God protect this poor girl smh.

Last edited: