Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's sad, imagine living in the Warsengali sultanate. You'll probably grow up poor and uneducated. It's not my fault back then there were no standards, it just be like that sometimes. Contrary to popular belief, Siad didn't do much tbh.
Warsangelis like the dictator
:draketf:I don't even like Siad Barre, this is why I dislike tribalism.

Did I misunderstand your debate with Tukraq? Perhaps. Admittedly, I only skim read it.

I thought you were defending the kacaan era.

A_A

Islamic Fanfiction Writer
Did I misunderstand your debate with Tukraq? Perhaps. Admittedly, I only skim read it.

I thought you were defending the kacaan era.
Doesn't that mean hand?
No, I disagreed with him about how Somali's have been, and always will be, better in independent states.
I'm more of a unity gal myself.

I knew that reer PL are majority Somalidiid !

:win:

Welcome to our way of life.
:friendhug:
We are not somalidiid bro.
Both us and the people of Somaliland are Somalis and we are both proud of being Somali and the Somali culture.. It's just we don't want to be a hostage to a failed Somali state that is not doing anything to recover.. We don't even know who rules over villa Somalia is it al shabab, amisom or UN.. We simply refuse to be hostage to a failed state. We can still have Somali unity but as independent states...

We are not somalidiid bro.
Both us and the people of Somaliland are Somalis and we are both proud of being Somali and the Somali culture.. It's just we don't want to be a hostage to a failed Somali state that is not doing anything to recover.. We don't even know who rules over villa Somalia is it al shabab, amisom or UN.. We simply refuse to be hostage to a failed state. We can still have Somali unity but as independent states...
SomaliTIRED not SomaliDIID. :siilaanyolaugh:

Let's change the rhetoric.

FREE THE NORTH= PIM + SOMALILAND

Let's declare the NSF (Northern Somali Federation). You have yours and we have our country. Everyone who is against this movement, is a somalidiid
:westbrookswag:

Tucking_Fypo

Ψ³Ω„Ψ·Ω†Ψ© Ω…Ψ¬Ψ±ΨͺΩŠΩ†
VIP
@Tucking_Fypo

Thoughts?

Pro-Independence or wait for HAG forever?

I've never been a Somali nationalist or ever believed in the colonial project called Somalia, my family always had the SSDF flag in our home, i was taught Ciismaniya before I learnt the Latin script, was well versed in our history, culture and the most important of all the xeer majeerteenia instead of singing Somalia tooso. For me it's not about separating from Somalia but restore our pre-colonial sultanate, customs, laws, culture, educational institutions etc etc.

@PuntiteQueen the sooner we cut all ties with somalia the better for people and our future:diddyass:

Tukraq

VIP
No offense walaalo I admire you strong will, but you can't compare Somalia and the kingdom phases. I mean a national airline, health standards and hospitals, educational programs, having a standard writing script, and the things I mention above. It ain't fair fight.
I don't know how to tell you this, but back then using the word super power is a lie. We did basic shit, trade here, fight here. Mediocre shit, nothing too special.
I'm sorry.
So let me see when we were separate our kingdoms were the richest in the world due to trade, so hmm would you want to be the richest country in the world or would you want to be a third world country that has hospitals and airports I guess:farmajoyaab: somalia in the 60s was a third world country one of the worst for its time, while in the kingdom era we were top 5 at the least and defeated Portugal in war:mahubowtf: while colonizing and discovering more than them:noneck:

Tukraq

VIP
Trading with countries and "kind, sorta colonizing" ain't much.
World super powers?? chill with the amount of arrogance, I named education, banking, manufacturing.
Trade? If that isn't the most basic thing lol. People in the Sentinel islands are probably trading. They may have traded with Ancient Greece, but I thinks that's about it for achievements huh?
"Trade, sailing, and we kind sorta colonized and Island."
Oh and don't use "we", remember, no unification at that point.
one more examples.
Somali airlines, established 1964
more roads, (can you count how many roads there were back then? If you guessed ZERO. Your right!)
So having a banking system, airlines, nationwide used currency, much better education standards(wait there were no educational standards back then loool) writing system, some roads(no means of transportation is harsh huh)better buildings and houses is nothing. :comeon:
This is a sad argument.
Well guess what airlines and banking systems are very primitive also why are you acting dense, nation wide used currency in the 60s isn’t an achievement men were on the moon at this time lol, that doesn’t mean that was our best time period in that case right now is our best time period we have cellphones in Somalia they didn’t in the 60s:mahubowtf: that’s dumb logic, for its time kacaan was a third world country while at their time period our kingdoms were first world:ayaanswag: it’s like saying Mongolia now is better than when it was under gengis khan because meh Mongolia has computers now :shookgabre: basically the dumbest take I’ve heard yet

A_A

Well guess what airlines and banking systems are very primitive also why are you acting dense, nation wide used currency in the 60s isn’t an achievement men were on the moon at this time lol, that doesn’t mean that was our best time period in that case right now is our best time period we have cellphones in Somalia they didn’t in the 60s:mahubowtf: that’s dumb logic, for its time kacaan was a third world country while at their time period our kingdoms were first world:ayaanswag: it’s like saying Mongolia now is better than when it was under gengis khan because meh Mongolia has computers now :shookgabre: basically the dumbest take I’ve heard yet
But Mongolia under Genghis was united...isn’t that literally the opposite of what you like?
Walaalo it’s cute that you believe we use to be a superpower, we never were. Back then and now.
By your logic trading with Greece isn’t a achievement when back than other nations were idk advancing humanity.
It’s just dumb to comepare the two, and your running in a circle.

Tukraq

VIP
But Mongolia under Genghis was united...isn’t that literally the opposite of what you like?
Walaalo it’s cute that you believe we use to be a superpower, we never were. Back then and now.
By your logic trading with Greece isn’t a achievement when back than other nations were idk advancing humanity.
It’s just dumb to comepare the two, and your running in a circle.
It’s about when we’re we at our best relative to the world and that was when we were divided, we were a superpower we literally defeated Portugal and Arab nations were paying us a tribute :farmajoyaab:while we were colonizing African countries like Mozambique and Tanzania :mahubowtf:what’s your definition of a superpower because we could go toe to toe with any army at the time while being wealthier and having colonized more area:mahubowtf:
In under Kacaan we were a third world shithole colony of Russia, why would that be better than when we were divided and were powerful enough to colonize Russia

A_A

It’s about when we’re we at our best relative to the world and that was when we were divided, we were a superpower we literally defeated Portugal and Arab nations were paying us a tribute :farmajoyaab:while we were colonizing African countries like Mozambique and Tanzania :mahubowtf:what’s your definition of a superpower because we could go toe to toe with any army at the time while being wealthier and having colonized more area:mahubowtf:
In under Kacaan we were a third world shithole colony of Russia, why would that be better than when we were divided and were powerful enough to colonize Russia
Once again, we weren’t shit. Colonizing Mozambique and Tanzania? I’m gonna need sources, simply based on your knowledge of history. Arab nations paying tribute? Once again sources.:comeon:
A superpower is a nation that has immense power and influence on a global level. Through economic or military means. :mybusiness:

Tucking_Fypo

Ψ³Ω„Ψ·Ω†Ψ© Ω…Ψ¬Ψ±ΨͺΩŠΩ†
VIP
See? Here I'll help you out, no more Rome, how about Ancient Egypt? Still, kingdom era Somalia didn't do shit.
"what has united Somalia ever done nothing intact the separated kingdoms were more successful"
my_trap_card.jpg

First female African pilot. Since you asked about African achievements.
Increased literacy rate. How many people were reading in the past?
Manufacturing, centralized banking, self explanatory.
Education, creating standard writing script. Now although the Wadaad script was crested, only the elite could read. If you lived in Somalia before the civil war, you would've had accesses to schooling way easier.
Construction, buildings and houses. Who wants to live in a 13th century Somali house, when you can live in a 1960s style home.
etc......
now it's YOUR turn!
Like I said earlier, answer or bon voyage! You have failed to do so, so bon voyage!

Our 2 sultanates had a standard writing script, educational institutions, banking system, trade with many nation's even provided military assistance to one allied kingdom getting rewarded with interests in their incense industries. Many towns were urbanized with town planing, local governance, institutions etc. Foreign engineers were brought in to build forts, military bases, schools, harbours. Boats were manufactured for export (baydan boats), incense exports was a full grown industry compared to today. Infact our regions were more developed with more major urban centers before 1935 and colonization, today only handfull of towns along the main highway gets developed.

If not for colonization those sultanates would become a modern developed nation with a strong foundation and culture

Tukraq

VIP
Once again, we weren’t shit. Colonizing Mozambique and Tanzania? I’m gonna need sources, simply based on your knowledge of history. Arab nations paying tribute? Once again sources.:comeon:
A superpower is a nation that has immense power and influence on a global level. Through economic or military means. :mybusiness:
If that’s your definition than we were a superpower, we were the worlds trading market making us the best economic powerhouse at the time, and power wise we were defeating European nations like Portugal at the time when they were colonizing the rest of Africa and southern America, we had major influence and power on the global scale, colonizing countries facilitating and having a stronghold on all world trade(gulf of aden), maybe we weren’t the best moral wise because of our slave trade where we sold slaves from our colonies like Tanzania, but all the world powers at the time we’re doing so

A_A

Our 2 sultanates had a standard writing script, educational institutions, banking system, trade with many nation's even provided military assistance to one allied kingdom getting rewarded with interests in their incense industries. Many towns were urbanized with town planing, local governance, institutions etc. Foreign engineers were brought in to build forts, military bases, schools, harbours. Boats were manufactured for export (baydan boats), incense exports was a full grown industry compared to today. Infact our regions were more developed with more major urban centers before 1935 and colonization, today only handfull of towns along the main highway gets developed.

If not for colonization those sultanates would become a modern developed nation with a strong foundation and culture
Sources darling

A_A

If that’s your definition than we were a superpower, we were the worlds trading market making us the best economic powerhouse at the time, and power wise we were defeating European nations like Portugal at the time when they were colonizing the rest of Africa and southern America, we had major influence and power on the global scale, colonizing countries facilitating and having a stronghold on all world trade(gulf of aden), maybe we weren’t the best moral wise because of our slave trade where we sold slaves from our colonies like Tanzania, but all the world powers at the time we’re doing so
What part of sources did you not understand?

Tukraq

VIP
What part of sources did you not understand?
Quick google search

The European Age of discovery brought Europe's then superpower the Portuguese empire to the coast of East Africa, which at the time enjoyed a flourishing trade with foreign nations. The wealthy southeastern city-states of Kilwa, Mombasa, Malindi, Pate and Lamu were all systematically sacked and plundered by the Portuguese. TristΓ£o da Cunha then set his eyes on Ajuran Empire territory, where the Battle of Barawa was fought. After a long period of engagement, the Portuguese soldiers burned the city and looted it. However, fierce resistance by the local population and soldiers resulted in the failure of the Portuguese to permanently occupy the city and eventually the Portuguese would be decisively defeated by the powerful Somalis from Ajuran Empire, and the inhabitants who had fled to the interior would eventually return and rebuild the city. TristΓ£o da Cunha was later severely wounded and sought refuge in Socotra islands after losing his men and ships. After losing the war with the Ajuran Empire over the fail attempt to capture Barawa. He decided to re-group his men in Socotraislands and TristΓ£o would set sail for Mogadishu, which was the richest city in Africa. But word had spread of what had happened in Barawa, and a large troop mobilization had taken place. Many horsemen, soldiers and battleships in defense positions were now guarding the city. Nevertheless, TristΓ£o still opted to storm and attempt to conquer the city, although every officer and soldier in his army opposed this, fearing certain defeat if they were to engage their opponents in battle. He decided to leave the Somalis in peace after he realized that they were extremely difficult to conquer and it was Portuguese best interest not to mess with them leaving Ajuran Empire independent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts