INDEPENDENT PUNLAND-POLL & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_A

Islamic Fanfiction Writer
Quick google search

The European Age of discovery brought Europe's then superpower the Portuguese empire to the coast of East Africa, which at the time enjoyed a flourishing trade with foreign nations. The wealthy southeastern city-states of Kilwa, Mombasa, Malindi, Pate and Lamu were all systematically sacked and plundered by the Portuguese. Tristão da Cunha then set his eyes on Ajuran Empire territory, where the Battle of Barawa was fought. After a long period of engagement, the Portuguese soldiers burned the city and looted it. However, fierce resistance by the local population and soldiers resulted in the failure of the Portuguese to permanently occupy the city and eventually the Portuguese would be decisively defeated by the powerful Somalis from Ajuran Empire, and the inhabitants who had fled to the interior would eventually return and rebuild the city. Tristão da Cunha was later severely wounded and sought refuge in Socotra islands after losing his men and ships. After losing the war with the Ajuran Empire over the fail attempt to capture Barawa. He decided to re-group his men in Socotraislands and Tristão would set sail for Mogadishu, which was the richest city in Africa. But word had spread of what had happened in Barawa, and a large troop mobilization had taken place. Many horsemen, soldiers and battleships in defense positions were now guarding the city. Nevertheless, Tristão still opted to storm and attempt to conquer the city, although every officer and soldier in his army opposed this, fearing certain defeat if they were to engage their opponents in battle. He decided to leave the Somalis in peace after he realized that they were extremely difficult to conquer and it was Portuguese best interest not to mess with them leaving Ajuran Empire independent.
Look, I’m sleep deprived and I’m not finna go and into Wikipedia right now. Could you pick out the specific links?

Tukraq

VIP
Look, I’m sleep deprived and I’m not finna go and into Wikipedia right now. Could you pick out the specific links?
It’s from Wikipedia lol, @Cityviews is our historian and can tell you about our explorers, our colonies, our slave trade, and how arab nations payed us a tribute

A_A

It’s from Wikipedia lol, @Cityviews is our historian and can tell you about our explorers, our colonies, our slave trade, and how arab nations payed us a tribute
I can’t find anything, just more links explaining the Ajuuran empire and the Portgusse. No Tanzanian colonies and Mozambique. No Arabs paying tribute.:comeon:

Tukraq

VIP
I can’t find anything, just more links explaining the Ajuuran empire and the Portgusse. No Tanzanian colonies and Mozambique. No Arabs paying tribute.:comeon:
Search it up separately it’s 100 percent factual,

Slavery in Somalia
existed as a part of the Arab slave trade. To meet the demand for menial labor, Bantus from southeastern Africacaptured by Somali slave traders were sold in cumulatively large numbers over the centuries to customers in Somalia and other areas in Northeast Africa and Asia.[1] People captured locally during wars and raids were also sometimes enslaved by Somalis mostly of Oromo and Nilotic origin.[2][3][4] However, the perception, capture, treatment and duties of both groups of slaves differed markedly,[4][5]with Oromo favored because Oromo subjects were not viewed as racially Madow by their Somali captors.[4]

Tukraq

VIP
Maritime history of Somalia refers to the seafaring tradition of the Somali people.[1] It includes various stages of Somali navigationaltechnology, shipbuilding and design, as well as the history of the Somali port cities. It also covers the historical sea routes taken by Somali sailors which sustained the commercial enterprises of the historical Somali kingdoms and empires, in addition to the contemporary maritime culture of Somalia.

In antiquity, the ancestors of the Somali people were an important link in the Horn of Africaconnecting the region's commerce with the rest of the ancient world. Somali sailors and merchants were the main suppliers of frankincense, myrrh and spices, items which were considered valuable luxuries by the Ancient Egyptians, Phoenicians, Mycenaeansand Babylonians.[2][3] During the classical era, several ancient city-states such as Opone, Mosylon and Malao that competed with the Sabaeans, Parthians and Axumites for the wealthy Indo-Greco-Roman trade also flourished in Somalia.[4] In the Middle Ages, several powerful Somali empires dominated the regional trade including the Ajuran Sultanate, the latter of which maintained profitable maritime contacts with Arabia, India, Venetia,[5]Persia, Egypt, Portugal and as far away as China. This tradition of seaborne trade was maintained in the early modern period, with Berbera being the pre-eminent Somali port during the 18th–19th centuries.[6]

Tukraq

VIP
upload_2019-3-22_20-9-8.jpeg

Somali merchants from Mogadishu established a colony in Mozambique to extract gold from the mines in Sofala

Tukraq

VIP
@A_A this is how we were the richest kingdoms , finessing the dumb Indians that your a fan of:chrisfreshhah:we were the reason Colombus set sail to the americas because Europe was broke trying to pay for our spices while we were vastly rich and the most wealthy:drakelaugh:
The dumb Indians didn’t make any profit of their resources though:russ:

The Indian merchants for centuries brought large quantities of cinnamonfrom Ceylon and the Far East to Somalia and Arabia. This is said to have been the best kept secret of the Arab and Somali merchants in their trade with the Roman and Greek world. The Romans and Greeks believed the source of cinnamon to have been the Somali peninsula but in reality, the highly valued product was brought to Somalia by way of Indian ships.[9]Through Somali and Arab traders, Indian/Chinese cinnamon was also exported for far higher prices to North Africa, the Near Eastand Europe, which made the cinnamon trade a very profitable revenue generator, especially for the Somali merchants through whose hands large quantities were shipped across ancient sea and land routes.

A_A

@Tukraq I already know all of this, trade and slavery. I’ve already mentioned this, trading with Rome and Greece doesn’t mean your a superpower. Idk why you think that. Trading cinnamon and mryhh is nice and all, but still no superpower. Do you think I’m impressed that we traded basic goods? Yes, and we traded even more goods after colonization. That’s one low bar.
Your source in Mozambique doesn’t even mention Somalia.
https://www.britannica.com/place/Sofala
So still nothing about colonizing Mozambique and Tanzania. Still nothing about Arabs paying tribute.
You just made me re-read stuff.

Tukraq

VIP
@Tukraq I already know all of this, trade and slavery. I’ve already mentioned this, trading with Rome and Greece doesn’t mean your a superpower. Idk why you think that. Trading cinnamon and mryhh is nice and all, but still no superpower. Do you think I’m impressed that we traded basic goods? Yes, and we traded even more goods after colonization. That’s one low bar.
So still nothing about colonizing Mozambique and Tanzania. Still nothing about Arabs paying tribute.
Is the richest contrary considers a super power because time and Greece went broke trading with us sending us all their money

Farm

VIP

jwudxhT.png

We support the balkanization process because we don’t want to unite with a Shabab govt.

A_A

Reasearch it, they payed us tributes, and we had colonies look it up on google
Just give me your sources, I’m not looking for another one. Back up your statements.
I looked it up and found 0. Keep it up and your paying for new glasses.

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
Truth be told......Xamar has not done a darn thing for Puntland. Back in the time that Puntland was directly ruled from Xamar, it was one of the most underdeveloped parts of the country.

And then the great blessing of '91 happened, forcing MJs out of Xamar and back to his ancestral lands. Today, we took our lands from being one of the most underdeveloped to the richest parts of the country with the lowest poverty rates. We achieved this, without the help of Xamar. Bosaso, Galkacyo, and Garowe have paved roads and airports, that we ourselves have built, we're also in the process of building a second seaport in Garacad (which was opposed by Xamar). Never, Ever, will Puntland go back to a time, it was ruled from a far away city. Never, Ever, will we allow others to dictate how we run our lands, and what we can and cannot build.

I mean, its laughable how some of our enemies bring "Ethiopia and Kenya will take over" argument, against federalism and regions rights to self-rule. As far as im concerned, Kenya nor Ethiopia, have never done MJs harm, nor have they kept MJ lands underdeveloped, nor prevente/d MJs from developing their lands.......but rather, its those who cry out and shout "Somalinimo", "Wadanka", "Somalia Somali baa leh", that do all of the above, not Kenya or Ethiopia.

A century ago, my ancestors were killing Italians left right and centre, they had to result in bombarding our coastal towns and villages from their navel warships, and that was a great power, that had been victorious in WW1. So with that, you seriously think we're afraid and gonna roll over against fulay Kikuyus and midget Amxaaro? You lot might, but not us MJs.

@Abdalla @Thegoodshepherd @Tucking_Fypo
@Boqor Quark Boqor Cisman

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts