Ilhan Omar, Israel and somalia

That top picture is xaram simple as while the bottom one isn't. If you dont like it, we dont care "boqorada" you can go and wear your nomad clothes.
Hold up! Just because they ain't wearing a jilbab it's haram? That don't make sense. Why don't men cover too then lol

Maybe we should establish ties with them, but we can't just ignore the injustice they commit either (though I guess we do that when it comes to China).

If Arab nations won't do anything for Palestine, we shouldn't either.

I mean I'm it's an unpopular opinion,but Israel has literally done nothing to somalia or Somalis? If let's say Somalia has diplomatic ties with Israel like TURKEY then it could actually be useful,compared to being a member of that useless league AKA Arab League!!!!

Tbf Israel supported Ethiopia against us in the 77 war.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Israel is using the money to defend itself just like the money Egypt and many other middle Eastern countries get. WHY DOESN'T SHE FOCUS ON GETTING BETTER DEALS FOR SOMALIA?
you are just asking dull questions without any comprehension to the answers. she works for US taxpayers not an ambassador for somalia in US congress. Her checking how the money is spend by ISrael or any country is part HER JOB, literally.

you are just asking dull questions without any comprehension to the answers. she works for US taxpayers not an ambassador for somalia in US congress. Her checking how the money is spend by ISrael or any country is part HER JOB, literally.
I'm not stupid Ik she works for "Americans",but she claims to be Somali American. She's always mentioning her "somlaliness",if she didn't I wouldn't make this post!!
Also wth are you acting like all she does is "check" the money that goes to Israel? She goes out of her way to criticize Israel lol. I get it you don't have an answer to why she's always after Israel so you're using the taxpayer argument.

Mozart

You need people like me
And we were dressed like this before barreView attachment 196071

So what's the issue? Jilbaabs only became a thing during the civil war when every clan was raping eachother as revenge. Let's be real it was never about religion, it was about these traumatised women feeling like if they were not covered from head to toe they'd get raped.
Somali women in the west who didn’t experience much of the war and were fairly irreligious, now wear jilbaabs. It’s nothing to do with rape and more to do with certain fatwas that were issued by Saudi extremists.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Claim being Somali? you mean having an identity like any other group like Latinos, black, Chinese, etc?
I didn't saw any Chinese American in the congress working for China, if that person that, it will be the end of their career, you get the point of that? Claiming Somali doesn't make you and ambassador.

Always criticizes your sweet Israel? She maybe did 9 times, every time with huge backlash. Is real is one of few apartheid states, and the congresswoman have the right to criticizes it.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Arabs do support Israel, but its all under the table.

Anyways, they are a racist apartheid state, just look at how they sterilized African immigrants in their country to control their numbers.

Xoxoxo

VIP
Arabs do support Israel, but its all under the table.

Anyways, they are a racist apartheid state, just look at how they sterilized African immigrants in their country to control their numbers.
Yes! They sterilised Ethiopian Jews because they were scared to get out populated.

People really do need to understand that Nations don't have friends -- they have interests; and those interests either align or collide.

The Arab world has undoubtedly inflicted far more damage on Somalia's body politic by funding extremists, so there is no material gain to be had by refusing to work with a technologically advanced State like Israel just for the sake of the Arabs.

The children of Abraham are working together now, so what's the point of being loyal to the Palestinians and their cause if virtually the entire Arab Nation has already betrayed the Palestinians?

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
I just wish she'd stop being so controversial, doesn't help with her background but railing against a prominent US ally isn't a great idea.
All the murtads and idiots come and fill these threads with their nonsense. One said we should go back to wearing ugly nomad clothing and get rid of Islamic clothing because it's "Arabizing". I wonder what Arab dude broke these xalimos hearts so hard that they are going against Islamic values.
What Arab guy gave you love saxiib. Some of you lot sniff out these threads like dhegcas futos, wild stuff wallahi. My man's calling nomad clothing ugly while half the population walks around lookin like they're dressed in qashin bacs.

Someone get rid of that monstrosity

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
We should stop scapegoating the Arabs though. Sure they’re iq 68 big nosed hairy Eurasians with unearned wealth, but they didn’t cause us to overthrow our government and steal and lot from ourselves. It’s our iq 68 that causes it

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
People really do need to understand that Nations don't have friends -- they have interests; and those interests either align or collide.

The Arab world has undoubtedly inflicted far more damage on Somalia's body politic by funding extremists, so there is no material gain to be had by refusing to work with a technologically advanced State like Israel just for the sake of the Arabs.

The children of Abraham are working together now, so what's the point of being loyal to the Palestinians and their cause if virtually the entire Arab Nation has already betrayed the Palestinians?
We can love or hate the Palestinians but that doesn’t solve anything. Our politicians steal millions in aid money that if used properly would make Somalia livable. I guess the international community has their preferred people running Somalia.

You're absolutely right, she represents the progressive wing of the Democrat party who are becoming more critical of Israel than any other time in history, the same thing is happening in other western countries thanks to social media and independent press, Israel is losing the unconditional support it enjoyed most of its history .

FT_16.05.20_IsraelPalestiniansC_party.png

as for establishing ties with Israel, Somalia wouldn't gain much from doing so, the vast majority of Somalis back home and even in diaspora are pro Palestine and see Israel as an apartheid state , an oppressor of fellow Muslims, it will be very problematic for any Somali government to establish ties with them ,it will only cause more problems and division in the country .
also , Israel will always side with our enemies against us no matter , whether it's Kenya or Ethiopia as it did most of its history, there was literally Israeli pilots bombing and killing Somalis in the ogaden war on the other hand we never participated in any of wars the Arabs fought against them .

In the hands of Somali pilots the MiG-21MF proved no match for far better trained and more experienced Ethiopian and Israeli pilots.
http://aces.safarikovi.org/victories/ethiopia-1977-1978.html
Even when Ethiopia switched to the Communist bloc , they still continued their support.
Israeli pilots reportedly fly in spare parts and ammunition for Ethiopia's U.S.-made equipment while Vietnamese delegations arrive, apparently to sell the Ethiopians captured U.S. equipment from the vast stockpile left behind by the Americans as they hurriedly evacuated South Vietnam.

In my opinion we should just focus on our own issues for now , we are in no position to help or harm anyone , we need to stay away from all these complex international issues. just because some of you dislike Arabs doesn't mean we have to reach out to Israel and normalize relations them , we can just live fine without them .

We can love or hate the Palestinians but that doesn’t solve anything. Our politicians steal millions in aid money that if used properly would make Somalia livable. I guess the international community has their preferred people running Somalia.

You're right that the central force holding the Nation back is kleptocracy and nepotism in the Government -- and that's what should be addressed if things are to improve. It's the same issue in virtually every African Nation.

As for the "international community" and who they would prefer to be at the helm in Somalia... 'no one can ride you unless your back is bent'; that's a Sudanese proverb and it essentially puts the onus back onto you.

The issue all over Africa is not a matter of knowledge or experience; the dearth of morals and principles is at the heart of it all. The State is only a reflection of the people.

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
You're right that the central force holding the Nation back is kleptocracy and nepotism in the Government -- and that's what should be addressed if things are to improve. It's the same issue in virtually every African Nation.

As for the "international community" and who they would prefer to be at the helm in Somalia... 'no one can ride you unless your back is bent'; that's a Sudanese proverb and it essentially puts the onus back onto you.

The issue all over Africa is not a matter of knowledge or experience; the dearth of morals and principles is at the heart of it all. The State is only a reflection of the people.
Yeah that’s what I’ve been saying. It’s just fun to point to iq 68 but it’s not really it

Trending