if you had to pick between a rich secular governed somalia or a poor sharia governed somalia which would you pick?

which would you pick?

• Total voters

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
That level of complexity would be impossible to manage. The disparity between the secularists and subnational sharia populists would make it easier for outsiders to exploit and cause more dysfunction. Less contradiction mitigates the problem-solving process on all levels.

From within it will be easy to manage since there is an constitution that dictates how to share power.
We don’t have to become western to succeed, we can upgrade the xeer laws for the rural communities, shariah for the urban communities and secular in regards to foreign policy etc.

Islam is what made Somalia a terrorist haven and we should controll Islam's hardline influence in the country, religion is too backward for 2020 and we should arrest anyone who promotes these 13 century pagan religion, we should also need to stop wasting money building mosques and turn the exiting ones into shelters for the homeless people.
I know you're an ex-Muslim so you have a peculiar hatred for Islam but it's far from a pagan religion or what made Somalia a terrorist haven. You remind me of the Chinese Communist Party - building masjids isn't a waste of money but a more than worthwhile investment and masjids already provide food and shelter for the poor. Islam honestly doesn't really influence Somali politics all that much in reality. Stop listening to the Western lies you've been fed. You don't know about Islam, so don't speak on it.

A lot of undercover gals here and others who don’t understand one fundamental thing.

Allah is the one who gives provision and no one else. He increases it for whoever he wishes and he decreases it for whomever he wills.

The ayat in Surah Imraan should be a belief entrenched in the heart of every true Muslim

26. Say (O Muhammad
saws.gif
): "O Allah! Possessor of the kingdom, You give the kingdom to whom You will, and You take the kingdom from whom You will, and You endue with honour whom You will, and You humiliate whom You will. In Your Hand is the good. Verily, You are Able to do all things.

27. You make the night to enter into the day, and You make the day to enter into the night (i.e. increase and decrease in the hours of the night and the day during winter and summer), You bring the living out of the dead, and You bring the dead out of the living. And You give wealth and sustenance to whom You will, without limit (measure or account).

And brothers you should know that this life is nothing but short lived...Allah azzawajal also says in Surah Imraan

14. Beautified for men is the love of things they covet; women, children, much of gold and silver (wealth), branded beautiful horses, cattle and well-tilled land. This is the pleasure of the present world's life; but Allah has the excellent return (Paradise with flowing rivers, etc.) with Him.

15. Say: "Shall I inform you of things far better than those? For Al-Muttaqun (the pious) there are Gardens (Paradise) with their Lord, underneath which rivers flow. Therein (is their) eternal (home) and Azwajun Mutahharatun (purified mates or wives), And Allah will be pleased with them. And Allah is All-Seer of the (His) slaves".

My Muslim brothers you should know that if you follow the way of Allah in this life that you will never lose. If you try your best to please Allah.. obey him and stay away from his prohibitions...to follow our beloved messenger and to use the Quran and Sunnah as a guide for our lives know that Allah will never disappoint you in this life or next.

As Allah says in Surah Talaaq

And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty).

3. And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish his purpose. Indeed Allah has set a measure for all things.

So brothers it’s better to be poor and please Allah by following his laws than to be rich and disobey Allah. At the end of the day the one who is rich can turn poor overnight and be punished for his transgression. Whereas the one who is poor but obeys Allah...Allah will surely aid him in this worldly life and he can become rich beyond imagination.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
The problem is you guys take the worst examples of Muslims and use it to justify your own atheist positions.

Obviously there's so many crooks who misuse it for their own gain. But these same people would misuse secularism.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I know you're an ex-Muslim so you have a peculiar hatred for Islam but it's far from a pagan religion or what made Somalia a terrorist haven. You remind me of the Chinese Communist Party - building masjids isn't a waste of money but a more than worthwhile investment and masjids already provide food and shelter for the poor. Islam honestly doesn't really influence Somali politics all that much in reality. Stop listening to the Western lies you've been fed. You don't know about Islam, so don't speak on it.
He's not wrong about the new masjids being built every month. Hell the politics section use to be filled with people bragging about their new warehouse looking masjid in their crappy tuulo that doesn't have a school.

Its been happening for so long it has become a running joke.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

He's not wrong about the new masjids being built every month. Hell the politics section use to be filled with people bragging about their new warehouse looking masjid in their crappy tuulo that doesn't have a school.

Its been happening for so long it has become a running joke.
I'm not advocating for that but to say they're worthless is ridiculous.

A modern state is a secular state. You can have a medieval state that is run by sharia law if you want e.g Taliban controlled Afghanistan. A modern state is one that does not care about personal moral conduct. A modern state preserves its energy for policy making and maintaining order. If you base your state on religious law you will be stuck putting girls into prison for not dressing modestly.

Ask yourself did any of the countries that caught up to the west care about abortion, hijab, adultery, night clubs, prostitution, alchohol etc.. Did Japan, Singapore, Taiwan, Korea, and China care about any of these things? Did they have decades long debates about mixed gender schools?

:mjlaugh: :russ::drakelaugh::hemad:
Astaghfirullah, Islam is Islam whether in the past, present, or future. A modern state isn't inherently immoral. Do you honestly believe it is the legalization of alcohol (one out of every twelve who try it will go on to become alcoholics), abortion (babies mercilessly slaughtered without regard for their own personal input), not having hijab (modesty), night clubs (where people waste precious time and spread STDs)? What about the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Singapore, Malaysia, and Turkey (Erdogan proposes Islamic law)?

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Astaghfirullah, Islam is Islam whether in the past, present, or future. A modern state isn't inherently immoral. Do you honestly believe it is the legalization of alcohol (one out of every twelve who try it will go on to become alcoholics), abortion (babies mercilessly slaughtered without regard for their own personal input), not having hijab (modesty), night clubs (where people waste precious time and spread STDs)? What about the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Singapore, Malaysia, and Turkey (Erdogan proposes Islamic law)?

UAE, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain are all rich oil economies. They are not considered part of the developed world.

Singapore is not a Muslim country, it is over 70% Chinese and is a highly developed state.
Malaysia has a thin Muslim majority and is nominally a secular state. It is not a developed state.
Turkey is a secular state but it is not developed.

You cannot legislate morality, it is a waste of time. People will violate religious laws constantly and the state will be unable to enforce religious laws without tremendous violence. The simple question you should ask yourself is:
are you willing to have your government stone to death two married consenting adults for having an affair? Is there any government you can imagine that is trustworthy enough to hold that level of power? I can't imagine one. If you try to construct such a state you will at best end up with an Iran and at worst an ISIS. The modern state is simply not equipped to legislate anything more than the barest of morality e.g you can't touch kids, you can't marry your sister, you can't kill someone else etc.. things that more than 99% of all humans agree on. If you try to implement religious law using the modern state, you will end up with a place you do not want to live.

UAE, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain are all rich oil economies. They are not considered part of the developed world.

Singapore is not a Muslim country, it is over 70% Chinese and is a highly developed state.
Malaysia has a thin Muslim majority and is nominally a secular state. It is not a developed state.
Turkey is a secular state but it is not developed.

You cannot legislate morality, it is a waste of time. People will violate religious laws constantly and the state will be unable to enforce religious laws without tremendous violence. The simple question you should ask yourself is:
are you willing to have your government stone to death two married consenting adults for having an affair? Is there any government you can imagine that is trustworthy enough to hold that level of power? I can't imagine one. If you try to construct such a state you will at best end up with an Iran and at worst an ISIS. The modern state is simply not equipped to legislate anything more than the barest of morality e.g you can't touch kids, you can't marry your sister, you can't kill someone else etc.. things that more than 99% of all humans agree on. If you try to implement religious law using the modern state, you will end up with a place you do not want to live.
Just because people violate laws doesn't mean they shouldn't be in place, otherwise there would be no laws. You're very mistaken, ISIS does not represent Islam in any shape or form. The fact you even mentioned ISIS I think explains why you hold the views you do. In Islam we are taught to live by the deen, in everything we do. Whether it be personal activity, politics, or law. If you want to go against the teachings of the religion then I can't stop you but don't use silly excuses. By no means is it a faulty system. It fits today as it fit yesterday and will fit tomorrow. By saying it won't work you are saying Islam is imperfect. Of course not everything will be regulated under an Islamic theocracy but some things will. For example drugs and alcohol, as well as other haram products will not be in circulation, riba will be prohibited, but day to day acts of the individual will be pretty much entirely left alone. You make it sound like hell on Earth.

By secular, if you mean allowing every degeneracy than no. A government can remain secular while banning harmful things to society like alcohol, homosexuality, drugs etc.

I want a traditional country that embraces technology and education.

By secular, if you mean allowing every degeneracy than no. A government can remain secular while banning harmful things to society like alcohol, homosexuality, drugs etc.

I want a traditional country that embraces technology and education.
They think by Islamic you mean regressive. Ironic considering many scientific discoveries and innovations were mad during the golden age of Islam.

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast

I am not an Ex Mulsim but someone who isn't convinced Islam is the right religion and studied Islam for over 12 years, I speak Arabic fluently and know the translations of both the Koran and hadiths, my point was Somalis are building mosques in each corner and neighborhood which doesn't benefit anyone beside radicalzing young brains and make them join A.S.

You also said mosques feed homeless people which never happens unless it is Ramadan, I dare you to find one mosque in Somalia which feeds homeless people and let them sleep indoors, in Somalia if it is not praying times you are not even allowed to come in, it is a bussiness and they aren't there to accommodate to the poor but to collect donations and enrich their selves just like western Christian churches, religion is a bussiness now and we wouldn't be in this predicament if we weren't Muslims.

Somalis kill,rape and torture other fellow muslims yet tell you they are god fearing, untill we ban Islam I am pretty sure A.S recruits will continue to increase and we will be a terrorising each other and remain a shithole.
:nahgirl:

They think by Islamic you mean regressive. Ironic considering many scientific discoveries and innovations were mad during the golden age of Islam.
Muslims fell off bigtime, while the Neanderthal cave dwellers translated muslim sciences and surpassed us. Now we have to deal with jahil unislamic khawariji movements that have tarnished Islam's image.

Some of you guys clearly don’t know what you are talking about.

singapore is NOT an Islamic country. The country is divided by Singaporeans that have Chinese descent (they are the majority) and Singaporeans Malay who actually don’t even mostly practice Islam.

There’s not even ONE Islamic country that is leading the world in terms of Economics, Science etc. The Arabian peninsula (Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, Kuwait etc) are LUCKY. These countries have oil that benefits them. And even THEN Saudi is the only one of them that practices sharia law in the original way. Even Turkey doesn’t practice sharia law neither, and the country allows: Alcohol, Prostitution and more! (They even held a gay pride in the past).

A country that has sharia law as its only law WONT survive in this time at all. It won’t be a strong country either, if that was the case then ISIS would have already established their own state

Some of you guys clearly don’t know what you are talking about.

singapore is NOT an Islamic country. The country is divided by Singaporeans that have Chinese descent (they are the majority) and Singaporeans Malay who actually don’t even mostly practice Islam.

There’s not even ONE Islamic country that is leading the world in terms of Economics, Science etc. The Arabian peninsula (Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, Kuwait etc) are LUCKY. These countries have oil that benefits them. And even THEN Saudi is the only one of them that practices sharia law in the original way. Even Turkey doesn’t practice sharia law neither, and the country allows: Alcohol, Prostitution and more! (They even geld a gay pride in the past).

A country that has sharia law as its only law WONT survive in this time at all. It won’t be a strong country either, if that was the case then ISIS would have already established their own state
My God is this offensive. ISIS doesn't practice Sharia Law. And oil resources doesn't disqualify a country from being considered successful. It's like saying Trump isn't successful, he's just lucky. That's not how it works. Venezuela has more oil than any other country in the world. Saudi Arabia also practices Sharia, just as you mentioned. How come it's still around? I neve said they were Islamic countries, but that they are Muslim countries. There's a distinction. To be honest you lot sound more like Islamophobes than even non-Muslims do.

My God is this offensive. ISIS doesn't practice Sharia Law. And oil resources doesn't disqualify a country from being considered successful. It's like saying Trump isn't successful, he's just lucky. That's not how it works. Venezuela has more oil than any other country in the world. Saudi Arabia also practices Sharia, just as you mentioned. How come it's still around? I neve said they were Islamic countries, but that they are Muslim countries. There's a distinction. To be honest you lot sound more like Islamophobes than even non-Muslims do.
Singapore is neither a Muslim country. Idk if you’ve realised this but Singapore is majority of Chinese ethnic descent. The most practiced religion is Budhism, Christianity comes in second.

idk if you ever realised that Venezuela is a corrupted country with a corrupted government. The people of Venezuela are extremely poor compared to the higher ups.
Saudi Arabia became a powerful country in the 1900s thanks to the found Of oil. There’s literally no other reason, it’s the oil that keeps the west interested.

And no I’m not a islamophobic. I’m Muslim too, but you should use your brain more and think about the current situation and state Somalia is in. It’s not strong enough to have that type of government and system and it would only backfire them and make the situation worse.

Trending

Latest posts