if you had to pick between a rich secular governed somalia or a poor sharia governed somalia which would you pick?

which would you pick?

• Total voters
Wealth comes and goes.

Secular laws are unjust and create poverty

implement sharia and the country can be created to get rich.

Zakat and Jizyah will finance infrastructure and get rid of poverty

No interest means no inflation so cost of living will remain the same.

Everyone will eat

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
Life is rarely a binary choice.

I support rich progressive Somalia with solid moral and family values based on Islam. No medieval punishments and gay parades.

There is a social experiment is going on in Turkey right now. If they succeed it can be used by other Muslim countries.

Tunisia is already adopting the Turkish model. Islam should not be equated to what Saudi Arabia projects and the US promotes in Muslim countries to justify its occupation and destruction. Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and Libya were destroyed based on promotion of falsehoods about Islam.

Democracy has many forms and the Western version of it is not "fits all". Muslim democracy has a right to exist. The Gulf monarchies are evil in that aspect and do not want Muslim countries to develop socially. Let's pray Turkey makes its governance model work. It is time for all of us to stop being slaves.

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
Islam is what made Somalia a terrorist haven and we should controll Islam's hardline influence in the country, religion is too backward for 2020 and we should arrest anyone who promotes these 13 century pagan religion, we should also need to stop wasting money building mosques and turn the exiting ones into shelters for the homeless people.

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
Nah we don't need to encourage our already illiterate, divisive, brainless society with this Shariah nonsense, Somalia is already in an delicate matter, an anarchic state where it's political weakness attracts large waves of negative entities , forget about implementing Shariah law when we already resemble some provinces of Afghanistan , that's the least thing we want for our people unless you're fond of fundamentalist ideology and would really endorse these cancerous toxins nationwide

Well unfortunately it's already happening , the Islamist extremists are winning the hearts and minds of vulnerable citizens
When there's mass scale of ideology indoctrination in schools , radio stations and public areas.
These people are on par with certain terrorist entities and have the exact mindset

So you wouldn't mind if these sandal wearing AS govern the country with medieval textbooks and dictates whatever it's says in there
we have set the self destruction sequences ourselves walaalayaal

There's no coming back from this

I'm for secularism but I can't picture that happening in my lifetime sxb

I guess we all die abroad

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
Can’t we be both, a strong secular federal government that governs the affairs concerning the international community. While the regional governments are using sharia to rule.

let’s make it as complex as we can. The more sophisticated the harder to crack by foreign develish entities.

Al Muslim

الموت لامريكا الموت لإسرائيل

وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يَقُولُ آمَنَّا بِاللَّهِ فَإِذَا أُوذِيَ فِي اللَّهِ جَعَلَ فِتْنَةَ النَّاسِ كَعَذَابِ اللَّهِ وَلَئِن جَاءَ نَصْرٌ مِّن رَّبِّكَ لَيَقُولُنَّ إِنَّا كُنَّا مَعَكُمْ ۚ أَوَلَيْسَ اللَّهُ بِأَعْلَمَ بِمَا فِي صُدُورِ الْعَالَمِينَ

[ And of the people are some who say, "We believe in Allah," but when one [of them] is harmed for [the cause of] Allah, they consider the trial of the people as [if it were] the punishment of Allah . But if victory comes from your Lord, they say, "Indeed, We were with you." Is not Allah most knowing of what is within the breasts of all creatures? ]

Do not be hypocrites, this world is temporary and it is better to live in poverty and righteousness than wealth and decadence. That being said if Somalia implemented sharia our problems which hinder our prosperity would be gone.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Secular Govt. I can't trust Humans to practice the Law of Allaah swt. Humans are too selfish.