If you could go back in time

I'd go back in time to 1977. Head straight to Villa Somalia to meet with Barre where I'd tell him not to invade Ethiopia. If for whatever reason he still invades them. I'll go back in time to 1991 in Mogadishu. Where I'd meet up with Aidid and i'll tell him to stop all the mooryanimo and looting and become the next dictator of Somalia. Them warlords fucked up not forming any kinda governance. If Aidid played a political role I believe Hawiye would still be in power today.

Sheikh Cali Dheere the founder of the Islamic Courts had a system in place were mooryans and tuugos were being held accountable. Ofc it was corrupted like all good things later on. But for that brief moment things were improving. I do believe that things will eventually improve.

Why do Somalia wanna be a seperate species so bad... ๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€

You are on a Somali forum not LSA. Why would you want us to claim West African lineage when we are not?
giphy.gif

Last edited:
I'm on here consistently probably a few days out of each month ๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€ be pressed. All while expecting black Americans share AAVE, food, culture, spaces, and progress with you

I have nothing to do with AAs as i live in the UK. I have nothing to to do with your Carribbean or West-African cousins. Pan-Somalism is the only way I can look myself in the mirror. Take your imaginery space elsewhere I want nothing to do with whatever that is. Somali food is the only one my palate will tolerate. Take your high cholestrol soul food elsewhere and twerk for it real good.

AEC4D044-15E9-4604-97CA-D873FDC9BF36.gif

Why do Somalia wanna be a seperate species so bad... ๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€

Why must we all lump ourselves together? I recognize that there are inherent differences amongst Africans, that doesn't mean I think any lower of them or myself. Thai people and Pakistanis are different from one another yet we regard them as Asians. My question to people of west African descent (if this applies to you, I cant tell if you're a Somali pretending to be a person of WA descent to troll.) is why the need to destroy diversity? Do you assume because there are some surface level similarities between most SSA ( with the exception of the horn & bushmen in SA ) therefore all of Africa must be one, and to assert otherwise would be self hate or the establishment of a "separate species?". In the perfect world we could strip all colonial influences and go back to a time where we would we never had these labels and groupings. However we don't live in a perfect world, we live in a world where certain groups like to claim descent from an entire continent for the sake of cleansing our beautiful and natural differences for the sake of "brotherhood" and self esteem as opposed to recognizing these inherit differences and working together as fellow black Africans.

We can work together while still recognizing there are inherent differences that exist. Instead of imposing cooperation through cultural imperialism through the use of aesthetics, music, and identification why not accept the differences, roll up our sleeves and get to work on helping African communities?

Last edited:

greenvegetables

halal and earthy
I have nothing to do with AAs as i live in the UK. I have nothing to to do with your Carribbean or West-African cousins. Pan-Somalism is the only way I can look myself in the mirror. Take your imaginery space elsewhere I want nothing to do with whatever that is. Somali food is the only one my palate will tolerate. Take your high cholestrol soul food elsewhere and twerk for it real good.

View attachment 150379

Lol y'all are on this tip all while still being from Africa, usually being darker than the average AA, and facing equal discrimination. But anything but acknowledge that as a Somali you aren't a divine being above other creations of Allah ta'ala. I can't tell if this is projection due to being bullied or jealous but it's not a sane or healthy look

greenvegetables

halal and earthy
Why must we all lump ourselves together? I recognize that there are inherent differences amongst Africans, that doesn't mean I think any lower of them or myself. Thai people and Pakistanis are different from one another yet we regard them as Asians. My question to people of west African descent (if this applies to you, I cant tell if you're a Somali pretending to be a person of WA descent to troll.) is why the need to destroy diversity? Do you assume because there are some surface level similarities between most SSA ( with the exception of the horn & bushmen in SA ) therefore all of Africa must be one, and to assert otherwise would be self hate or the establishment of a "separate species?". In the perfect world we could strip all colonial influences and go back to a time where we would we never had these labels and groupings. However we don't live in a perfect world, we live in a world where certain groups like to claim descent from an entire continent for the sake of cleansing our beautiful and natural differences for the sake of "brotherhood" and self esteem as opposed to recognizing these inherit differences and working together as fellow black Africans.

I don't support POC Solidarity or Pan-Africanism so I understand having pride in ones identity as I'm the same. But I'll never disrespect my diaspora or replicate the malice of our oppressors simply because I think it'll delude me into having confidence.

I don't support POC Solidarity or Pan-Africanism so I understand having pride in ones identity as I'm the same. But I'll never disrespect my diaspora or replicate the malice of our oppressors simply because I think it'll delude me into having confidence.

That I can agree with.

Trending

Latest posts