If you could go back in time

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
Whats good about him? I genuinely don't understand.
He kept Somalia in order for a very long time, we all know that he did some horrible things but I think the pros outweigh the cons and he would have succeeded in United Somalia if not for the Russians and their sidekicks.

He built industry in Somalia such factories, ports, airports and airstrips, even new crops were introduced such as cotton which were used in the textile industry. He wasn't a foreign puppet like most of our leaders today and he prioritised unity and progress in the nation, again I have things I disagree with him on but during his reign we were exporting food and goods instead of begging the international community.

He was a dictator but he did good. No point in comparing him to Hitler. His good times ended after the Ogaden. He was the last leader to care about his country, much improvement instead of the idiots calling themselves madaxweeyne. The golden era was in his era. Anytime you think of Somalia at its best was when he was president.

He implemented the first offical somali language script
1604261400166.png

If he was genuine he'd put himself forward for election and accepted the results. Aden Cadde Aun didn't get relected and he gracefully stepped down.

Why kill Sheiks and subjugate the nations growth to the point that people are taking up arms to remove you? He obviously only cared about being in power as that's the only thing he fought for. He never opted for peace and resolution.
I totally agree with your second paragraph though for your first even if he didn't want an election and assumed absolute power I'd still be fine as long as it produced positive results, if our economy boomed and diversified, if our military was growing more powerful (which it was then), if our enemies feared us and our allies loved and respected us, if the general wellbeing of the citizens were amazing, if islam was pushed in its true form, ect I would not bat an eye about democracy because as they say "if it aint broke dont fix it". And close to the end of his life let there be elections again I suppose, he didnt do much of anything that i said though which was why he was useless

He kept Somalia in order for a very long time, we all know that he did some horrible things but I think the pros outweigh the cons and he would have succeeded in United Somalia if not for the Russians and their sidekicks.

He built industry in Somalia such factories, ports, airports and airstrips, even new crops were introduced such as cotton which were used in the textile industry. He wasn't a foreign puppet like most of our leaders today and he prioritised unity and progress in the nation, again I have things I disagree with him on but during his reign we were exporting food and goods instead of begging the international community.

He was a dictator but he did good. His good times ended after the Ogaden. He was the last leader to care about his country, much improvement instead of the idiots calling themselves madaxweeyne

Most of the developments were just a continuation from the previous government. His policies are directly responsible for the civil war. In fact the economy improved after he was removed because his strict regulations were no longer in place.

My family had a farm and during his era would have soldiers collect their crops and leave them only enough to breakeven. At the same time poverty and starvation was rife.

He achieved nothing extraordinary in terms of infrastructure, economic development, transport services. His legacy is the Civil War.

Villainess

Most of the developments were just a continuation from the previous government. His policies are directly responsible for the civil war. In fact the economy improved after he was removed because his strict regulations were no longer in place.

My family had a farm and during his era would have soldiers collect their crops and leave them only enough to breakeven. At the same time poverty and starvation was rife.

He achieved nothing extraordinary in terms of infrastructure, economic development, transport services. His legacy is the Civil War.
That’s the thing. You are biased amongst every other qabiil. I do not care for the man, I care for the country’s well being. He died nearly 40 years ago.
If he was the problem you’d think the country would be better off right? It’s tribalism not Siaad who broke Somalia.
This whole Anti Siad opposition made somalia a failed state. Siad died in 1995 and left somalia in the 1992. If siyaad was the problem why is somalia still a failed state 30 years after Siad lost power? If he was the problem then somalia would have recovered by now.
Somalia with Siad Barre 1969-1990 =21 years of stability.
Somalia without Siad Barre 1990-2020 = 30 years of a failed state.
Those acting like cursing the dead man would bring back Somalia doesn’t make sense. Fix it yourself, the dude is bones at this point

This information is not even a lie, it’s straight up facts

I totally agree with your second paragraph though for your first even if he didn't want an election and assumed absolute power I'd still be fine as long as it produced positive results, if our economy boomed and diversified, if our military was growing more powerful (which it was then), if our enemies feared us and our allies loved and respected us, if the general wellbeing of the citizens were amazing, if islam was pushed in its true form, ect I would not bat an eye about democracy because as they say "if it aint broke dont fix it". And close to the end of his life let there be elections again I suppose, he didnt do much of anything that i said though which was why he was useless

Singapore has been under dictatorship for a few decades and in that time transformed from an underdeveloped country to one of the richest in the world. The civilians are wealthy, live in peace and have access to everything needed to prosper in a modern society.

The issue develops when a dictator is holding the country hostage and slaughtering the opponents against him instead of fixing the problems.

Villainess

He lasted 2 decades with a stable government. The credit goes to him not the previous gov. Look at today’s leaders. None of them could achieve what Siyaad did in terms of factories etc.

And wallahi I speak as a human, not a qabiil driven somali

reer

VIP

stable dictatorship > free anarchy
somalia is volatile and its population cannot work with democracy only a strongman can handle somalis

He lasted 2 decades with a stable government. The credit goes to him not the previous gov. Look at today’s leaders. None of them could achieve what Siyaad did in terms of factories etc.

And wallahi I speak as a human, not a qabiil driven somali
Not all of the 2 decades were stable, its not like he woke up one morning and everyone just suddenly hated him

Villainess

Not all of the 2 decades were stable, its not like he woke up one morning and everyone just suddenly hated him
And it's not like he woke up and decided to randomly kill people.

Be honest with yourself. Somalis by nature are wild. No one can handle us. You couldn't survive a day in the president's seat. If Siad himself tried his best to control his people and sometimes failed at that, what makes you think any other leader could?

That’s the thing. You are biased amongst every other qabiil. I do not care for the man, I care for the country’s well being. He died nearly 40 years ago.
If he was the problem you’d think the country would be better off right? It’s tribalism not Siaad who broke Somalia.
This whole Anti Siad opposition made somalia a failed state. Siad died in 1995 and left somalia in the 1992. If siyaad was the problem why is somalia still a failed state 30 years after Siad lost power? If he was the problem then somalia would have recovered by now.
Somalia with Siad Barre 1969-1990 =21 years of stability.
Somalia without Siad Barre 1990-2020 = 30 years of a failed state.
Those acting like cursing the dead man would bring back Somalia doesn’t make sense. Fix it yourself, the dude is bones at this point

This information is not even a lie, it’s straight up facts

My opinion on him has nothing to do with qabil. I don't care for qabil. I am an objective person and look at the individual and their actions. I believe that if he was a good leader we wouldn't be in this position. His actions lead to were we are now. I'm not defending anyone here.

Since then each government if they honestly wanted a positive change they would've by now. I've never denied that each leader since Siyaad took over has prioritised themselves over the country.

Ahmed Gurey was mareexan just like Siyaad and he's a national hero for all Somalis.

And it's not like he woke up and decided to randomly kill people.

Be honest with yourself. Somalis by nature are wild. No one can handle us. You couldn't survive a day in the president's seat. If Siad himself tried his best to control his people and sometimes failed at that, what makes you think any other leader could?
Well there were rebellions for a reason, as well. They didn't sprung up for the sake of it, people wanted more representation in an oppressive regime ruled by a man who puts certain clans above others and wanted overall change of failed leadership, the economy was in shambles and his marxist ideology made it worse, he could have easily enacted meaningful reforms if he wanted but simply wanted to rule with an iron fist by any means necessary

Villainess

Well there were rebellions for a reason, as well. They didn't sprung up for the sake of it, people wanted more representation in an oppressive regime ruled by a man who puts certain clans above others and wanted overall change of failed leadership, the economy was in shambles and his marxist ideology made it worse, he could have easily enacted meaningful reforms if he wanted but simply wanted to rule with an iron fist by any means necessary
to each their own. we could go on and on and make this a four page thread or we can settle it right now. Caafis?
@Halimo Supremist :friendhug:@Revolutionary.

Teflon

Inactive
VIP
All these comments yet not one mention of rona

I would go back to last year And inform the Dog eating nation known as China about koronafirus and the world how shit 2020 will be

Last edited:

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads
Right before the 1977 war. I'd pop Abdullahi yusuf and his cohorts before they could get a chance to defect to amxaarta

Last edited:

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Go back 3 thousand years and end the Bantu expansion to safe African diversity and end the concept that Africa belongs to black people. Southern Africa would be owned by Khoisans and South Cushitic would exist across southeast Africa. Make the Somali territories bigger than the current Greater Somalia and turn them into a global superpower and have them colonize Australia and New Zealand as new provinces inhabited by Somalis.

I would introduce the people in the Americas iron, horses, livestock animals (cattle, sheep, goat, and chicken), and fruits/vegetables. I would make sure they form their own states and trade with the old world using advanced shipbuilding technology. It would be cool to see natives forming their own unique countries and cultures.

I would reduce the European influence and power. I would also reduce Arab expansion but Islam can prevail in this world. I would just eliminate Arabs from assimilating the native cultures residing in the Levant and Mesopotamian regions. North Africans would also preserve their language and culture and still be Muslims today. Arabs would only be concentrated on the Arabian peninsula.

Last edited:
Lol where are the rules to make this even a tiny bit more realistic? :farmajoyaab:

Your question gives me the power to literally rewrite history.

Last edited: