Not open for further replies.
I

IntensiveCareUnit

what does that mean? to be liberal?

why is that the ideal? who cares?

honestly f*ck western values.

irreligious?

pbdkr.gif

Do you think if we in somalia seperate religion and state and adopt a more western orientated mode of modernization
we would have a better chance of stability

Of course. Higher likelihood. Virtually all but a very few religious countries are unstable and poorer I must add than secular countries.

The ones that are stable have resources. But even many with resources are still unstable. But once that is gone, these stable religious countries will go to shit.

Secularism is key to stability

Do you think if we in somalia seperate religion and state and adopt a more western orientated mode of modernization
we would have a better chance of stability

That's fucking ridiculous. Our problems have never had anything to do with religion. Why is religion what you decide to focus on when it is about the only factor that has, until very recently, been a non-issue?

We would have stability if we addressed corruption, focused on infrastructure, etc, etc, etc. Religion is a non-issue for Somalia. Move on.

That's fucking ridiculous. Our problems have never had anything to do with religion. Why is religion what you decide to focus on when it is about the only factor that has, until very recently, been a non-issue?

We would have stability if we addressed corruption, focused on infrastructure, etc, etc, etc. Religion is a non-issue for Somalia. Move on.

Religion is the biggest issue facing somalis (al-shababb,ICU,aswj)

A high percentage of somalis support al-shabaab. Look at how some posters react when terrorists alshabaab
blows up african union bases or kills innocent peacekeepers

Try to be unbiased in your analysis.
You try to be unbiased. You're judging Somalia and other troubled states by comparing them to states that have been stealing resources (and continuing to do so, let's be honest) from them for centuries. We get it, you're an atheist. But please try to be rational once in a while. Western success is based on thievery and violence. Try to understand.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Of course. Higher likelihood. Virtually all but a very few religious countries are unstable and poorer I must add than secular countries.

The ones that are stable have resources. But even many with resources are still unstable. But once that is gone, these stable religious countries will go to shit.

Secularism is key to stability

Are you even somali?

Nearly every Muslim country that is/was secular is now being punished with extremism and is in total anarchy and war. Hell even Russia is dealing with far right orthodox extremists.

I believe we should have a middle ground with religion playing a minor role in politics. Most western countries are far from truly secular. We are dealing with the painful consequences of stifling freedom of religion and speech. Let's not do it again.

Religion is the biggest issue facing somalis (al-shababb,ICU,aswj)

A high percentage of somalis support al-shabaab. Look at how some posters react when terrorists alshabaab
blows up african union bases or kills innocent peacekeepers

So the war, the violence and instability after was caused by religion? I fully agree that Al-Shabaab, etc. are no good. But these are organizations that are very recent in the grand scheme of Somalia problems. In fact, if we were stable, Al-Shabaab would have been able to do very little.

Also, I contest claiming Al-Shabaab is a religious organization considering they act counter to Islam by kidnapping little girls and killing innocent people.
Can you post an article claiming a high percentage of Somalis support Al-Shabaab? The psycho idiots we have on here are irrelevant. :stopit:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts