I will never forget the time I arrived in Hargeisa airport as a Isaaq unionist.

I was a lone and was motioned for a "random search" by a Bakhti sitting at a desk acting like he is some big shot investigator. Like bro we in Somalia, anyway...

He looks at my Passport/Ticket and says "Welcome to Somaliland" I double check my ticket to ensure my next line hits a home run and I reply "Tigidkan waxaa kuqoran Somalia saxiib" and proceed to walk off expecting to be rushed by the arm guards. I look back and see a wave of red flash in his eyes but since I was physically bigger, I doubt he wanted to try me.

What a welcome!

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
I was a lone and was motioned for a "random search" by a Bakhti sitting at a desk acting like he is some big shot investigator. Like bro we in Somalia, anyway...

He looks at my Passport/Ticket and says "Welcome to Somaliland" I double check my ticket to ensure my next line hits a home run and I reply "Tigidkan waxaa kuqoran Somalia saxiib" and proceed to walk off expecting to be rushed by the arm guards. I look back and see a wave of red flash in his eyes but since I was physically bigger, I doubt he wanted to try me.

What a welcome!
And then you woke up :mjlaugh:

giphy.gif

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
The diaspora is doomed

It mostly always was. Even the more diligent types who still know their Somali 2-3 generations in are on borrowed time. It's only a matter of time before their descendants begin intermarrying with ajanabis and/or mostly lose touch with their culture. Maybe I'm being too pessimistic but that's what I've always felt. You went and became a citizen of and settled in a foreign country thousands of kilometers from the mother land. It's inevitable. You're all just going to end up as the ancestors of some cadaan or mixed race person with an unusual surname.

giphy.gif

It mostly always was. Even the more diligent types who still know their Somali 2-3 generations in are on borrowed time. It's only a matter of time before their descendants begin intermarrying with ajanabis and/or mostly lose touch with their culture. Maybe I'm being too pessimistic but that's what I've always felt. You went and became a citizen of and settled in a foreign country thousands of kilometers from the mother land. It's inevitable. You're all just going to end up as the ancestors of some cadaan or mixed race person with an unusual surname.

giphy.gif
Your scenario is highly possible for those raised without culture.

But your reality is scary and is guaranteed upon those who marry out. The kid will see what his Hooyo/Aabo done and do the same and couple of generations later, Somaalinimo is erased.

That is not true for my blood line though yall be safe:westbrookswag:

Is there even a lot of Isaaq unionist, I have seen on tiktok a lot of northeners showing love to soomalinimo ( comments on nationalistic videos). Do you also know other unionist Isaaqs? :hmm:@Sky Geeljire

The likelihood of finding an Isaaq unionist is the same as finding a jew in the ranks of the german
Wehrmacht or SS.

Is there even a lot of Isaaq unionist, I have seen on tiktok a lot of northeners showing love to soomalinimo ( comments on nationalistic videos). Do you also know other unionist Isaaqs? :hmm:@Sky Geeljire

How did I forget to welcome our new Unionist Isaaq brother. Just dont slander JSL or attack other subclans of Isaaq, especially if you ghost us when shisheeye are attacking Isaaq

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Trending

Latest posts