I need help.No judgement.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
How can I make Somali rice without turning it into spicy oatmeal (porridge):liberaltears:

It's 2020 and I need to change my ways.

If you judge me and make fun of me, I hope you get diarrehea for the next 2 hours.:hillarybiz:

How can I make Somali rice without turning it into spicy oatmeal (porridge):liberaltears:

If you judge me and make fun of me, I hope you get diarrehea for the next 2 hours.:hillarybiz:
Same still can't get the hang of it after a millions of tries. It becomes so sticky and white even though I added spices and food colouring. Maybe I just have my dad's way of cooking rice.

My little 11 year old brudda even knows how to cook that shit:pachah1::mjlol:

General Asad

And What Is Not There Is Always More Than There.
Cup of water for every cup of rice. You're gonna have to eyeball it because too little water means hard rock rice and too much water means mushy rice.

I use measuring cups so I do 1 1/2 cups of rice and 2 1/4 cup of water. It should look like this:
o-WHITE-RICE-570.jpg

Trial and error makes the best practice :zhqjlmx:

Can't cook somali rice well, but your (majerteen) husband is still with you. Something fishy is going on:cosbyhmm:

Medulla

Bah Qabiil Fluid
Buy a rice cooker you can mess up a few times but you'll get it eventually. For somali bariis you don't have to add too much water in the start you can water during if it isn't enough.

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
Aww don’t feel too bad sis, rice is really easy to overcook, here’s an easy tip to fix that, the amount of water or if you are using maraaq should be only an inch over the rice, don’t leave the rice until you no longer see the water, cover it with aluminum foil, and lower the heat. If you are making white rice, just buy rice cooker it’s simple no hassle, and the water to rice ratio should be two cups water to one cup rice.

Trending