I need advice

CALMONE20###

Roots in Somaliland + Somali Region ✝️
I found out my dad was cheating on my mum when I was 11 years old,a kid. My dad gave me his phone to play games on,then the woman sent him messages. I told my mother,but she didn't want us to be upset so she stayed married to him. Four years later they divorced. My dad gathered me and my siblings to sit in the living room where he announced that he didn't care about us anymore he left. He hasn't spoken to any of us ever since. He married the woman he cheated on my mum with. The woman turned out to be a gold digger and she took his money and their kids. They're now divorced,and he is now back in the UK asking me and my siblings to forgive him. My mother forgave him and we did too. He is staying with us,as he is now jobless.

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
I found out my dad was cheating on my mum when I was 11 years old,a kid. My dad gave me his phone to play games on,then the woman sent him messages. I told my mother,but she didn't want us to be upset so she stayed married to him. Four years later they divorced. My dad gathered me and my siblings to sit in the living room where he announced that he didn't care about us anymore he left. He hasn't spoken to any of us ever since. He married the woman he cheated on my mum with. The woman turned out to be a gold digger and she took his money and their kids. They're now divorced,and he is now back in the UK asking me and my siblings to forgive him. My mother forgave him and we did too. He is staying with us,as he is now jobless.
I’m sorry that happened to you walaal, that is very sad. I hope you know that nothing you, your siblings or your mother did could warrant your dad treating you like that. I hope your family is doing well and I pray you all prosper ameen :heart:

CALMONE20###

Roots in Somaliland + Somali Region ✝️
I’m sorry that happened to you walaal, that is very sad. I hope you know that nothing you, your siblings or your mother did could warrant your dad treating you like that. I hope your family is doing well and I pray you all prosper ameen :heart:
Thank you.

I'm really sorry to hear that. I don't have any advice but that kind of behavior is unfortunately very common in somali culture since second wives are basically mistresses, cheating is just "courting". All you can really do is just forget it, and leave it between your parents.

One things 110% for sure if my dad was shuukansing another woman I'll never tell my mom or anyone else, he's a grown man who's my dad and above me.. It's bad manners if I interfere in his business like.. I'll have faith in him and his judgment of the importance of his family.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
One things 110% for sure if my dad was shuukansing another woman I'll never tell my mom or anyone else, he's a grown man who's my dad and above me.. It's bad manners if I interfere in his business like.. I'll have faith in him and his judgment of the importance of his family.

Tf is wrong with you, moving like some beta male wallahi. Allah SWT gave you a Gus iyo xinyo to stand up for your family.

If my aabo was shukaansing another woman I’ll tell him to cut it out or come clean to Hooyo before I do. I will also tell him that if he makes me tell Hooyo, that our relationship is finished but if he owns up to it, we can move past it.

However for @Baarisiyomoos she is much younger and also a woman, so she is much more reliant on her aabo. But you are a grown man with a career sucking up to your aabo who put his d*ck before your family.

:pacspit:

Tf is wrong with you, moving like some beta male wallahi. Allah SWT gave you a Gus iyo xinyo to stand up for your family.

If my aabo was shukaansing another woman I’ll tell him to cut it out or come clean to Hooyo before I do. I will also tell him that if he makes me tell Hooyo, that our relationship is finished but if he owns up to it, we can move past it.

However for @Baarisiyomoos she is much younger and also a woman, so she is much more reliant on her aabo. But you are a grown man with a career sucking up to your aabo who put his d*ck before your family.

:pacspit:
Your abo can marry up to 4 wives.. That means he can shukansi who ever he wants.. The not the same as cheating i.e sleeping around..

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Your abo can marry up to 4 wives.. That means he can shukansi who ever he wants.. The not the same as cheating i.e sleeping around..

He’s got to tell his wife that he’s looking for another wife, you know there is something called common decency.

Also, Somalis are shafici which only see polygamy as something done when there is a explicit need.

So you are well within your rights to ask what possible need he has that needs a second wife.

You can’t use the deen when it suits you then reject the madhab that you claim to follow.

He’s got to tell his wife that he’s looking for another wife, you know there is something called common decency.

Also, Somalis are shafici which only see polygamy as something done when there is a explicit need.

So you are well within your rights to ask what possible need he has that needs a second wife.

You can’t use the deen when it suits you then reject the madhab that you claim to follow.
Good luck with this shit mate.

If I'm not mistaken, the view of the Shafi'i madhhab is like this: "However, Ash-Shaafi’i is of the view that it is desirable to confine oneself to marrying only one although it is permissible for him to marry more than one.".

There is no doubt that marrying more than one wife (up to four) is permissible. If I'm not mistaken, the Shafi'i madhhab simply says it is desirable to stick to one- but there is no doubt that marrying more than one is permissible.

Ash-Shirbeeni from the Shaafi’i School of jurisprudence, said in Mughni Al-Muhtaaj: “It is a Sunnah not to marry more than one wife if there is no apparent need.” [End of quote]

Moreover, Al-Maawardi, from the Shaafi’i School of jurisprudence, said: “Allaah has permitted a man to marry up to four wives, saying: {…two or three or four…}, but Allaah advised that it is desirable for man to marry only one wife, saying: {...But if you fear that you will not be just, then [marry only] one} Ibn Daawood and a group who follow the methodology of Ath-Thaahir (sticking to the apparent meaning of texts while denying the validity of analogical reasoning) are of the opinion that it is better to marry four wives if the person is able to fulfill their needs and he should not restrict himself to marrying only one wife, as the Prophet
 sallallaahu  `alayhi  wa  sallam ( may  Allaah exalt his mention )
did not restrict himself to marrying only one. However, Ash-Shaafi’i is of the view that it is desirable to confine oneself to marrying only one although it is permissible for him to marry more than one. This is to avoid being unfair by being more inclined to some of them than others, or being unable to financially support them. The more preponderant opinion in my view is that this depends on the condition of the husband; if he is satisfied with only one, then it is more appropriate for him not to marry a second wife, and if he is not satisfied with only one wife because he has a strong desire and an excessive need to have sexual intercourse so often, then he may marry as many as will satisfy him, be it two, three or four, in order that he lower his gaze and protect his private parts from unlawful sexual intercourse.” [Al-Haawi]

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
If I'm not mistaken, the view of the Shafi'i madhhab is like this: "However, Ash-Shaafi’i is of the view that it is desirable to confine oneself to marrying only one although it is permissible for him to marry more than one.".

There is no doubt that marrying more than one wife (up to four) is permissible. If I'm not mistaken, the Shafi'i madhhab simply says it is desirable to stick to one- but there is no doubt that marrying more than one is permissible.

Ash-Shirbeeni from the Shaafi’i School of jurisprudence, said in Mughni Al-Muhtaaj: “It is a Sunnah not to marry more than one wife if there is no apparent need.” [End of quote]

Moreover, Al-Maawardi, from the Shaafi’i School of jurisprudence, said: “Allaah has permitted a man to marry up to four wives, saying: {…two or three or four…}, but Allaah advised that it is desirable for man to marry only one wife, saying: {...But if you fear that you will not be just, then [marry only] one} Ibn Daawood and a group who follow the methodology of Ath-Thaahir (sticking to the apparent meaning of texts while denying the validity of analogical reasoning) are of the opinion that it is better to marry four wives if the person is able to fulfill their needs and he should not restrict himself to marrying only one wife, as the Prophet
 sallallaahu  `alayhi  wa  sallam ( may  Allaah exalt his mention )
did not restrict himself to marrying only one. However, Ash-Shaafi’i is of the view that it is desirable to confine oneself to marrying only one although it is permissible for him to marry more than one. This is to avoid being unfair by being more inclined to some of them than others, or being unable to financially support them. The more preponderant opinion in my view is that this depends on the condition of the husband; if he is satisfied with only one, then it is more appropriate for him not to marry a second wife, and if he is not satisfied with only one wife because he has a strong desire and an excessive need to have sexual intercourse so often, then he may marry as many as will satisfy him, be it two, three or four, in order that he lower his gaze and protect his private parts from unlawful sexual intercourse.” [Al-Haawi]

In these quotes you shared it highlights that one wife is desirable in the shafici madhab.

Out of the four madhabs, the Shafici madhab is the most critical of polygamy.

“I prefer a man to limit himself to one wife, even though it is permissible for him to marry more, due to the saying of Allah Almighty: If you fear you will not be just, then only one”

Source: Al-Bayan fil madhab al imam al shafi’i

Trending

Latest posts