I made a Cake with a Somali touch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember my geeljire uncle in Somalia many years ago (2004) was taunting my cousin when he told him he lived alone and had to cook and clean himself. My geeljire uncle even found the city life in Somalia a culture shock when we visited him. Dude only knew the bush.

My nomadic uncle took a cloth and bent down and started to wipe the floor and said, "you bend down like a woman like this and wipe the floor?. Are you not a man?" Lol

Fast forward last year, after almost a decade of my uncle living here in my city, with his male roommates, and my cousin does the same thing to him when we visit him. "Adeer, do you bend down to wipe the floor like this" after he sees a paper on the bathroom door our uncle wrote himself that says "Please Keep the Washroom Clean". Lol

My uncle got embarrassed. He remembered what he said a decade ago.

Moral of the story: You don't need to be a woman to clean your own home or cook your own food.

@Mercury. Good for you. I'm cooking some spaghetti and some delicious sauce as I type this. Being a man means you can feed yourself.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
I remember my geeljire uncle in Somalia many years ago (2004) was taunting my cousin when he told him he lived alone and had to cook and clean himself. My geeljire uncle even found the city life in Somalia a culture shock when we visited him. Dude only knew the bush.

My nomadic uncle took a cloth and bent down and started to wipe the floor and said, "you bend down like a woman like this and wipe the floor?. Are you not a man?" Lol

Fast forward last year, after almost a decade of my uncle living here in my city, with his male roommates, and my cousin does the same thing to him when we visit him. "Adeer, do you bend down to wipe the floor like this" after he sees a paper on the bathroom door our uncle wrote himself that says "Please Keep the Washroom Clean". Lol

Moral of the story: You don't need to be a woman to clean your own home or cook your own food.

@Mercury. Good for you. I'm cooking some spaghetti and some delicious sauce as I type this. Being a man means you can feed yourself.
exactly nothing to be ashamed about

Hafez

VIP

I can sacrifice animals and cook essentials. It's not manly to bake a bloody cake.
:mjlol:

I can sacrifice animals and cook essentials. It's not manly to bake a bloody cake.

It's a cake. Mix the ingredients and put it in the oven, take it out and eat it.

Men created the ingredients, men built the oven and men make food the best anyway. All of the world's greatest chefs and cooks are men.

Is Gordon Ramsey feminine? Is Jamie Oliver? Wolfgang Puck? Keller? Lagasse?

What's so wrong about a man creating a dessert for himself or his family and friends? It's food. We need food to survive the next day. There's nothing feminine about making your own cake. It makes you less of a man if you can't make your own dessert. There's no guarantee that you'll have anyone around you tomorrow in whatever circumstance that comes up. The most important thing even before shelter is making sure you know how to feed yourself, including desserts. It is the most important skill any human needs to know first.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Crappy logic, man if you like something you do it because you can I prefer baking cakes,cookies because. Its cheaper, not too sweet and Finally it tastes much much better than store bought

Even the Somali restaurants in the West who make both meals and desserts are men. Even in Somalia.

Those xalwa and cookies back home are made by some men.

image.jpeg
Somali husband baked a cake for his wife on valentine day

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
it's rare to see a guy who enjoys baking in his spare time but to each his own.

I have some hobbies people would find odd too :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.