I have changed my Mind on Abortion

All I can do is sigh … there’s various forms of birth control and some men seem to only focus on the pill contraceptive, and focus on the chemical aspects of that one. When there’s the needle / shot, the patch, various types of IUDs, this one small plastic one you can insert into your arm… a woman would do the research and choose based on what suits her best and how each one may affect her health.

To the men arguing that back to back is ok… and how precious the life of the child is… What happens when that mother passes away cause she wasn’t able to get access to birth control and had various unnecessary children and passed away cause of health complications from the birth?

Or cause she went and got a back alley abortion?
Cause that happens a lot, but we don’t put focus on that.
The problem is they all have long term negative effets on women, and we donot even know all of the long term effects yet due to the fact we havent lived long enough to see the effect and do research on it
Most of these things usually end up showing to give long term negative effects in the long run.

-People donot die bc of common colds, ur body can naturally get rid of them, it is only serious illnesses that can kill you
-Im not against western inventions, im against inventions which were not even made for the purpose they are used for and have a more negative effect on society than a good one
-Their are natural contraceptive methods, which donot harms the human body or the wider society, but modern contraceptives negatively harms society and the individual and their use is not justified
-No birth control was created specifically to prevent the spread of STDs and the like, and to control on people who had sex outside of marriage, it was not made for married ppl, up until recently when it became more common then married people started using it, if you do enough research it is clear that most birth control is not healthy for women
-You are overexaggerating the problem, most ppl in the past used natural contraceptive methods and were fine,
-Just bc something is halal doesnt mean its something you should do
-It helps women regulate their menses bc its used as a medicine not as birth control, so u mentioned a completely different purpose for using it
-This has nothing to do with a mans own please, A women can have birth control and im 99% most men would prefer a women to be on birth control so he can do whatever he wants and not have the risk of children
IN fact birth control benefits men, they can do whatever they want and dont have to wrry about having children, please do not try to make this into a gender issue like everyone in this forum does,
Lol, people really did die of common colds and even common cuts. Research the history of medicine.

- Natural contraceptives don't work effectively, if it did birth control wouldn't be needed. In fact, we wouldn't be having these debates. People were not 'fine'. Actually do research before making crazy comments like that.

- i'm talking about in marriages. Birth control benefits the wives and allows them to space out children, without sacrificing intimacy. Many husband don't care or understand the effects of back to back children.

- Most medications have side effects. Birth control is evolving. Also, i'd tell women to avoid hormonal ones and use non hormonal contraceptives although the hormonal ones do not cause issues for a lot of women.

- It is halal and is allowed to be used temporarily. Therefore, your opinion on the matter isn't needed. If a husband and wife want to use it for the reasons I mentioned, then who are you to say they can't?!

Get out of people's businesses and women's health.

Last edited:
@Taij4an

People use birth control, the same reason why they'd use natural forms: to simply prevent child birth.

The only reason why we have birth control is because throughout history, natural forms clearly didn't work.

It does not make sense for you to say they should use natural methods when it simply doesn't work.

What natural contraceptives are there?

Apart from abstinence and withdrawal which isn't effective, there aren't any.

What solution is there for a couple that still want to be intimate, but cannot get pregnant for a least a year or two?

Lol, people really did die of common colds and even common cuts. Research the history of medicine.
You donot understand the history of medicine properly, common colds did not kill people alot, nor did cuts, they all had natural medicines which dealt with it.
Alot of the medicines we have today are only made because of problems we created for ourselves in our modern lifestyle
the use of birth control is another invention used to control the amount of kids we have but it has long term non-beneficial effects on the society as a whole.

@Angelina
You are coming to me from a individual perspective, as in what happens if a married couple wants to use contraception for a while before having more children, although I wouldn't say this is a bad thing, the entire conversation is talking about banning birth control in a state in america,so your argument talking about 2 people doesn't address the bigger issue, you are looking at a pixel of a bigger image

1.Widespread use of birth control in the west is not used for the purposes that Islam intended them for, in fact most people even muslims use birth control in order to have as little children as possible, allowing easy access to not have children in a society that is against having children is not a good thing

2.The natural way of humans is to want to have children and to have intimacy in the normal way, engaging in a practice like Azl is not recommended to do Islamically but it is permissible, what about modern forms of contraception, which have been and are constantly being proven to have adverse side effects, not just on women but on the wider society

3.The purpose contraception was made was to control the spread of STDs and children born out of wedlock, this gives a passs for non-muslims to engage in whatever behaviours they want, as we are talking about in the context of america, it will just cause more ruin to ppl if you allow better and better forms of contraception. You even have men getting a vasectomy out of the excuse they don't want anymore children, on the surface this seems fine, but what happens when you get a bunch of society saying they don't want children and now getting vasectomy, also to point out that a vasectomy in of itself damages a mans health. In fact most if not all forms of contraception have some kind of negative effect on someones health in the long run

4.Women will have issues with pregnancy until the last human exists, theres a difference between a serious issue that a women shouldnt have anymore children and an issue which would make a women not want to have children but isnt an excuse not to,
On the surface this seems very insensitive towards woman, and their feelings and their body, but the problem is, and we can factually see this, is that more and more women donot want to have children than ever before, especially in the west, and alot of their reasons is to do with their bodies health, now the problem is that out of anyone in the world someone living in a world with healthcare should not be making these arguments, women since the beggining of time suffered from injuries due to child birth but were still able to function in society, in fact a society would not function without woman having children, whether or not it would damage a womens health or not, if the average woman consistently complains about health problems due to pregnancy as an excuse not to have another child the entire population willl become extinct like whats happening in the west right now
obviously this has a level of subjectivism as to what is considered a serious problem, but the point I am making is that any women could complain about the effects of childbirth as a reason to take birth control and not have children and you end up with a society heading into destruction.

There are many other widespread issues that i do not have time to mention, but you have t understand birth control being allowed in society in a wider context, not just on a individual basis, in fact I believe birth control should be administered like medicine to only specific people and even I do not trust the modern birth control methods as they all have negative long term effects on people. The ideal thing would be to have a minimum amount of society needing birth control and them being prescribed it. Other than that birth control should not be given to everybody.
You probably won't understand now until u give it a long hard though and maybe do some research.
In fact people used birth control in the past just like they do today, but most of the time it had more negative effects than good ones in society as a whole.