I feel all alone

Last year was extremely difficult for me, it was my first year in the arctic and my first year as a teacher. Adjusting professionally was a challenge, the physical environment was also a challenge. However the most difficult thing was by far being isolated. There's only one Somali brother here and he link up as much as possible, but it's mainly cadaans and inuits.

During the winter there's basically no sun, it's -40 degrees, crazy wind storms etc. I only noticed the ugly realities of the place. The rampant alcoholism, teaching lots of kids with fetal alcohol syndrome, sexual abuse survivors, rampant blatant racism from co-workers towards the locals, being on the receiving end of racism from the locals who are serious white worshippers (unprovoked hate too wallahi). I was dealing with all of that daily, and lived in my head most of the time which made shit much harder.

This time around it's nowhere near as difficult, I don't focus on the negative so much, nor do I try to burden myself with their realities cause I too as a Somali have my own responsibilities towards my own.

I keep busy and try to enjoy the good it has to offer, went skiidoing in the tundra several times, went ice fishing, dog sledding, feeding sled dogs and puppies, soon imma go geese and arctic hare hunting. Basically keep busy and be as open minded as possible to new ventures.

Also physical exercise and remember Allah SWT is extremely important as well.

I think then your problems deeper than simple social isolation. Do you reckon it has anything to do with your spiritual or mental health?

Thank you, I think it looks very peaceful.
I thought so too some tel me it's spiritual problem I have I'm actually starting to believe that.

Try to busy yourself, get your mind off of things, pick up a new hobby at home. Has this been happening since the quarantine? If so, try to bear with it for a little while longer, you might not feel this way when this is over.
Everything I try to focus on just fails schoolwork or learning I just get tired and stop sometimes I think I have been cursed or someone has put evil eye on me.

I am Muslim but I'm too tired most of the time to pray
Sounds like you undiagnosed depression sxb. It's normal to occasionally feel a little down, especially given the current circumstances, but your situation seems different.

There's nothing more precious than your physical and mental well-being, talk to your GP asap.

Last year was extremely difficult for me, it was my first year in the arctic and my first year as a teacher. Adjusting professionally was a challenge, the physical environment was also a challenge. However the most difficult thing was by far being isolated. There's only one Somali brother here and he link up as much as possible, but it's mainly cadaans and inuits.

During the winter there's basically no sun, it's -40 degrees, crazy wind storms etc. I only noticed the ugly realities of the place. The rampant alcoholism, teaching lots of kids with fetal alcohol syndrome, sexual abuse survivors, rampant blatant racism from co-workers towards the locals, being on the receiving end of racism from the locals who are serious white worshippers (unprovoked hate too wallahi). I was dealing with all of that daily, and lived in my head most of the time which made shit much harder.

This time around it's nowhere near as difficult, I don't focus on the negative so much, nor do I try to burden myself with their realities cause I too as a Somali have my own responsibilities towards my own.

I keep busy and try to enjoy the good it has to offer, went skiidoing in the tundra several times, went ice fishing, dog sledding, feeding sled dogs and puppies, soon imma go geese and arctic hare hunting. Basically keep busy and be as open minded as possible to new ventures.

I feel so happy for you that you overcame your struggles I wish to do the same one day. Are you in Antartica?

So why you didnt take xaliimo with you? As wife of course :)

You are officially lonely its seems like the 50 ppl thats lives on arctic dont like you...

Be careful they might plot to kill you

Working in the arctic?:faysalwtf:
Wallahi you might be the most interesting person on this forum lmfao.

strawberrii

#ArthurGang
I thought so too some tel me it's spiritual problem I have I'm actually starting to believe that.
I mean definitely shrive to pray, do adhkar and du'a and ponder upon the Quran but make sure to look after your health too. These things can sometimes be a test but if it's too much to bear then definitely call a doctor. Follow the advice of the other posters such as prayer, exercise and calling a GP.
I wish you all the best inshallah.

Everything I try to focus on just fails schoolwork or learning I just get tired and stop sometimes I think I have been cursed or someone has put evil eye on me.

I was referring more to doing things you already enjoy, but it's sad to hear you're still struggling. You should get checked up like the others have suggested when you can.

So why you didnt take xaliimo with you? As wife of course :)

You are officially lonely its seems like the 50 ppl thats loves on arctic dont like you...

Be careful they might plot to kill you

Honestly I don't wanna get married until I'm financially well established.

As for not being liked, since when as that been an issue for us Somalis :silanyosmile:

I signed a 3yr contract, next year will be my last inshallah.

Trending