I believe Somalia has no oil or an valuble minerals and here is why!

Do you think Somalia has large oil and valuanl?

• Yes: we are rich in oil (Saudi Arabia)

• No: a little, not enough to make any difference

• I can't say untill a reliable and trusted sources is done

Results are only viewable after voting.
I would say YES. Somalia has Oil and Gas and other Minerals. But, But, No one has been
able to commercialize those resources for last 60 plus years since Somalia has been
independent.

I have been following Mineral news from Somalia and Africa for a long time now, i will try to
post whatever news and evidence i have for Somalia having commercially viable oil and
Gas and other minerals.

Firstly. reasons for not Commercializing Somali oil and Gas pre-civil war

1-Lack of long time stability (remember Somalia and its neighbors were officially
at war over Ogaden and Nfd.

2-Gulf Arabs bribing oil Companies not explore in Somalia, Sudan. and Yemen.

3-Lack of technology for hard to dig Countries like Somalia.
(kenya and Uganda only found oil after using new technology)

Western Oil Giants finally were able to sign with Somalia government in 1986,
but after two years of exploration in Puntland and Somaliland the SNM war in
1988 started and the Companies stopped their Operations. That's the closest
Somalia has come to being an oil exporter.

Secondly, all of Somalia's neighbors have now their oil and Gas from Kenya to
Sudan and Mozambique. No reason Somalia can't do it now, since oil
Companies are interested offshore because security.

This is a Los Angeles Times article about Somali oil, after the US. sent troops to Somalia.

This is very interesting article about Somalia Offshore Survey.

1605941654206.png

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Why are Somalis so focused on 'oil' just because u see 'dubai/saudi' success with it? that's merely copying and u just want a society that is seen as rich in resources not so much any 'aqoon' based economy, an aqoon based economy is far more respected in the world then I export or truck oil to help the 'aqoon economy' thru nothing of your intelligence but 'natural resources' kkkkk. The gulf tapped into this market for 100 years and sucked it dry, your entering an area that is nearly wrapping up in the world thru clean energy, u r entering something that u won't see around anymore as more nations slowly begin a 'migration' thru 'targets' on it's industry energy providers demanding they lessen the oil and invest in green based technology as this continue over time, oil will slowly become less required before they finally put the nail on the coffin on 'universal declaration thru the UN' like they do with 'freedom and human rights' and 'prosecute' anyone who does this trade just like they did with slavery. U will find the most backward people still clingering onto this like u see Somalis clinging onto 'charcoal' and cutting 'trees' down and servicing the last 'few' markets of the world who take 'fossil fuels' kkkkkk, this is due to our very anti knowledge and liberal attitudes, it makes remain stale and the last in the race and the last to get out of the race, we are not pioneers at all to start the race or at least join the race when it's fruitful and pull out before everyone else does, we wait till the dying days like a monkey who doesn't know the global world we live in anymore requires u 'pioneer' and pioneering requires knowledge as it's foundation.

I mean even if u do join the oil production world, you can't supply the world it's oil anyways and oil explorers will 'cap' your production in line with 'opec n russia' who are power-houses in the oil market and their 'voice' exceeds your small nation voice on this market. You will end up with a small oil production economy like 'sudan' at best so u don't produce to much that it sends the markets into down-fall in prices since all commodites are priced on supply/demand and a 'derivative' value is calculated thru this.

It's not just oil but any trade u do will be subject to these 'weights' and thru extreme level of production won't change nothing whatsoever but cause a 'decline' in prices as it out-strips the demand needed. That's why smart economies moving towards 'knowledge' as it's corner stone since knowledge isn't subject to supply/demand as it creates and innovates new things which will mean it's not in the 'market' for it to be calculated against supply/demand, the supply side will be 'small group' of nation the 'brain economy' and they will dictate the 'market price' for their knowledge as they know 'materials, resources, products, goods' are useless without 'innovation and brains' and they will remain on that cycle of the economy the 'brain' side while u guys are in the 'cycle of production side' on your primitive natural resource economy.

Royalflush

novacane
I do think there’s oil and mineral there but it wouldn’t serve any large foreign power to have it extracted. Increase in oil supply just drives the price down putting shale oil in Texas out of business. Also the Arab governments won’t stop their corruption and are likely sponsoring a candidate in the upcoming elections who will reverse the decision to allow oil bids.
Furthermore it would serve in our better interest to use the oil for domestic purposes alone and to produce oil by products such as tar and kerosene and plastics which you can sell in the rest of Africa. There is no obligation to simply sell crude oil when you can refine it and use it for purposes more in demand.

Aqoon would serve the economy much better as the murtad said but most of the human capital fled after the collapse of said barres government so why should they have any incentive to return. I believe if the diaspora returned they would be at the forefront of rebuilding Somalia, gone is the days of old warlords and people selling our waters for a dime

Prime Minister

Somali Promotion Agent
@Prime Minister came across this old thread, need your Opnion on this, am I lying on this thread?:cosbyhmm:
There was oil recovered in 1990 in very small amount which proves there's oil there which all the experts agree on the question is how much oil is there and 3000m is not deep in Saudi Arabia they are drilling up to 10000m so the technology has improved.

WellsLongLatElevation (m)OperatorSpud DateCompletion DateTotal Depth (m)LogsComments
Kalis-148.61258.583056417Conoco02-May-9026-Jul-902978GR, CALI, RHOB, NPHI, ILD, ILM, SFLU, DT, SP, VSP16 brl of heavy oil recovered in Jesomma. Gumburo recovered 60 brl of mud filtrate

Prime Minister

Somali Promotion Agent
This is a Los Angeles Times article about Somali oil, after the US. sent troops to Somalia.

“It’s there. There’s no doubt there’s oil there,” said Thomas E. O’Connor, the principal petroleum engineer for the World Bank, who headed an in-depth, three-year study of oil prospects in the Gulf of Aden off Somalia’s northern coast.

“You don’t know until you study a lot further just how much is there,” O’Connor said. “But it has commercial potential. It’s got high potential . . . once the Somalis get their act together.”

😩😩

The world is moving away from fossil fuels. In the near future oil will be useless.. And no I don't Somalia has any oil. But if the land and sea of Somalia is utilized correctly and the country be industrialized I believe Somalia can become very wealthy. But unfortunately we don't have any leaders who have the intellectual capacity to achieve anything. Even 100 years from now I'm afraid Somalia will be poverty ridden and still underdeveloped like today.

Trending