I believe Somalia has no oil or an valuble minerals and here is why!

Do you think Somalia has large oil and valuanl?

• Yes: we are rich in oil (Saudi Arabia)

• No: a little, not enough to make any difference

• I can't say untill a reliable and trusted sources is done

Results are only viewable after voting.

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
akhi don't be that deluded everybody knows what somalia has in it is land mashaallah Allah blessed it with so much resources if you look at the arabs they only have oil whereas we have not only but also uranium, gold precious stones and many other minerals you can criticise its people but that land has everything
You scared bro. You scared cus you have low racial esteem and don't want there to be resources. You have other agendas but that's up to you.

It's all been confirmed or companies wouldn't waste their time just like I won't waste my time explaining myself to you.

You scared bro. You scared cus you have low racial esteem and don't want there to be resources. You have other agendas but that's up to you.

It's all been confirmed or companies wouldn't waste their time just like I won't waste my time explaining myself to you.
bro i think it is not me you are addressing may be @Manafesto

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
Don't you think the US or western governments would be all over us if we had that type of oil, I mean we are an easy target than heavily armed Arab countries and of course cost less to be controlled.

Sxb if we had any valuable mineral we will not he in 3 decade long civil war, it is time for us to swollow the truth and see the signs.:kanyeshrug:
Somalia as a whole is pretty UNEXPLORED when it comes to resources.

All of Somalia is really big saaxib and to say we don't have valuable resources is being somewhat deluded.

During the British protectorate, they established one of the biggest trades in mainly Berbera, Zeila but also in the Northeast where they exported for example frankincense in the 100000s of kilos.

They exported all kinds of resources from mainly Berbera and some of them was in massive amounts such as charcoal etc.. When I say massive I mean in hundreds of thousands kilos.. We used to feed all of north and east Africa with our livestock too.

There's evidence of the British exporting gold among other metals from Berbera and they always were documented in 100s of kilos.

We lack the logistics and the infrastructure for such exports currently.... It's sad that even in the late 1800s we used to export crazy amounts of our resources and this continued in the 1900s as well.

Source: https://www.jstor.org/stable/41965718?seq=1

Last edited:

Falcon

in your feelings yet? yall too sensitive for me.
I don't know about the rest of Somalia, but hobyo has a confirmed oil well.

4.I think if Somaliland and Puntland had oil the western powers would help them gain independence in heart beat ine exchange for their mineral rights just like Southern Sudan.

:cosbyhmm:Yes you're spot on. If Somaliland and Puntland was sitting on billions of $$$ of oil and gas the west would recognise them and make them new members of the U.N in return for exclusion drilling rights. This is the most transparent reason why the world left Somalia to its fate. No real strategic resource that they need. So why bother.

The reason Democratic Republic of Congo got a quick deal after Mobutu was ousted in 1997. Too much money to be made in the DRC and they need a stable government in order to do so.

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
:cosbyhmm:Yes you're spot on. If Somaliland and Puntland was sitting on billions of $$$ of oil and gas the west would recognise them and make them new members of the U.N in return for exclusion drilling rights. This is the most transparent reason why the world left Somalia to its fate. No real strategic resource that they need. So why bother.

This is why the Democratic Republic of Congo got a quick deal after Mabuto was ousted in 1997. Too much money to be made in the DRC and they need a stable government in order to do so.
Wouldn't work. They need Somalia to agree or it won't happen.

If somali had any valuable natural resources foreign governments and companies would be all over it, we would have started digging for something aged ago.
Congo, Cameroon and other sh1thole 3rd world countries have been producing natural resources since the 80s.
Our greatest natural resources might be our ocean, we control the gates between the West and Far East, we should have taken advantage of that. But unfortunately Djibouti fucked it up by taking loans they can't afford from China to build a port.

I believe we have oil and other resources besides fish. But its in the greater interest of somali people as a whole that they be left unexplored. There is not one african country that say their resources have been shared honestly and fairly and we are no different. The qabil mamuls and fake central dowlad ku sheeg which dont even control mogadisho would loot the peanuts they are thrown by these massive currupt oil giants. I mean just look at Mozambique and the problem they have after discovering natural gas. Let it stay undiscovered and unexplored until we have had enough of qabyalad

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I am of the strong opinion there is oil becuz why wud nfd/ogadeniya be in the pipeline stages if there is no oil in Somalia which geologically is the same pennisula. Plus they say Somalia coastline is one of the largest fishery ecologies of the world. Oil doesn't just miraclously appear, it's a by-product of ancient marine life and plants that has converted to oil.

Since in science we don't believe in this idea that things magically pop up like religions do, there is an evolutionary process involved at all times and we also believe nothing is 'destroyed' do u know what that means? there is no concept of 'nothingness' energy always converts to something else not 'destroyed'. That means you and everything in the world will convert to another substance at all times, it's actually a 'law' that one in science since noone is above it.

I will argue that the oil-game isn't something that is going to last and we missed our opportunities as the world economies are slowly beginning the shift to non-oil based economy, it is going to become obsolete in the future and thanks to our civil war we missed that opportunity. The prices of oil is already indicating that is unstable and with that paris agreement being signed all the economies of the world need to 'set targets' on when they shift away to clean energy. So yes I do agree it's not a wise long-term economic policy to rely on oil/gas since the world markets will eventually 'ban' it like they did 'slavery' kkkk, imagine u had guys who still wanted to hold onto slave trade but their was no market for it due to the world banning it. Well that is the future of oil with clean energy now being declared as it's replacement.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
A natural resource economy is dependent on the world economies at all time and why it's not the best economic policy to take, where-as the singapore method of human capital is the best economic model to take since they can catch up with any era irrespective of global market policies as skills are the most reliable commodity to have to remain economically relevant in the world. Somalia should be 'skills hub' like Singapore and have 'trade hub' only secondary not primary industry, u want most people having skills and being paid for it then just being truck drivers and delivering products like we are now which is simply a 'consumption' economy they are just people who are living not productive whatsoever.

Their was some new guy in here from nairobi that was suggesting something along this line in a thread that he is looking to revolutionize somalia away from primitive occupations and become knowledge economy since knowledge is the most expensive commodity in the market place not resources. I think the kid noticed the missing commodity in the world is 'knowledge' and he is finding ways to make his idea practical, congratulate him. An idea is fine but the hard stage is making it practical and his deep into that 'stage' i congratulated him, he is contributing not just 'criticising' like the rebel groups did and then hand over dark age in it's place kkkk

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I want somalis to have hubs of science, this is what creates new products, it's the mechanism to do so. Look at how water and other materials work together, does it dissolve, does it bind, does it create another substance, look at different measuring 'components' see how heat n cold works on the world materials remember matter is simply what u see in this world as physical objects.

Identify new elements in PL and bring it to the lab and see what can be produced from it that doesn't exist in the market place, this is now a fully fledged 'aqoon economy' ileen iyagu iyo aduunka bay wax cusub uu keenayan like the western world is, not some primitive farming-livestock-fishery economy that indicates no 'aqoon' has penetrated that area for 'long period of time' ama aduunka bay ka xirnayeen waxayna ku socodan jidki 'aborigineka' oo isaguna aduunka ka xirna oo lama janqadin waqtiyadi kala duwana si ay dhaxal ugu noqoto 'dhaqankisa' because dhaqanku ayaa la 'dhaxla' iyo dhaqanku waxaa 'murayad' u ah aqoonta dhaqankasi kkkkk

Why u think their all running around to ancient egypt-rome-greece-iraq-china-india, they want to see 'aqoonta' umadasi ileen wala yaqana 'cawaanti' iyo waxay soo kordhiyeen. But I fear in the future if we do not upgrade ourselves that we will be seen as the 'new cawaan' stuck in old occupations that are not seen as knowledge. Cawaan is someone aan la janqadin waqtiyadi aduunka, so cawaanku ma aha wax 'waqti ku xireen' waa dad aan upgrade samaynin which can be applied to any culture, a culture cannot be preserved if it doesn't have knowledge as saldhigisa ama dhaqankasi waa si tirtirmaya, dhaqan kuma xirna luqad, luqad waa communcation keliya, dhaqan waxay ku xiran tahay mar walbo aqoon iyo haday aqoontu baxdo dhaqankasi waa si tagay sida aborigineka waxay noqonayan dhaqan cusub siiba dhaqanka oo aqoonta haysto

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
There is no Somali word for all the scientific advancement for the past couple of centuries showing we are literally in the dark age and if their is somali word for which I did see 'silly' attempt to somalize western knowledge in somalispot thru 1989 book, that is not knowledge whatsoever or any way in comparison to when it has become a 'dhaqan' when it has become a 'dhaqan' it becomes 'natural' in that society like 'waqtiga' kkkk that is natural now in our culture since we 'dhaxal' this in the past and now have something to be greatful as their descendants. Aborigines were cut off for at least the better part of 5000-6000 years of key human development stages where cultures were updating, that 5000-6000 years shows u what the world became and when they saw aborigines 'sida looga naxay' waa aragteen kkkk.

The effect of just 5000 years on a culture and aborigines is the baseline, but note down this, we are currently 300 years behind and u already see the massive difference, the longer it stretches the more we are heading towards 'cawaanimo' and ppl will look at our culture like they did the aborigines and say it's 5000 years out of sync with the world cultures and by then is the stage when 'extinction' process will naturally have to form as 5000 years worth of human knowledge will not be traded for a people culture that is 5000 years behind. It will be required they upgrade immediately. Just like Somalia is being told now it has to upgrade to latest advancements in the last 200-300 years as the world will not change it's advancement just cause your remained 'stale' and it won't nudge for religion either so dont even dare throw that card into the mix to justify your failing culture.

But the scientific words that have been translated in somali hasn't gone 'deep into culture' and is merely just a 'translation' for the sake of it and now 'embedding' it thru schooling and eventually it becomes 'naturally' apart of the language.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
The doctor is respected because i do criticise but i always provide an alternative not just criticise and have no alternative like the rebels were, if I had no alterternative my criticsm is no longer construtive ama 'wax ka fican kuma badelayo' it's destructive. Somali critiism is purely destructive form of criticism as they never provide an altenative solution which means basically there is no real 'rationality' behind their dayacad kkkkk waa mid cadifad mooye wax kale ku dhisan iyo cadifad waxay ku dhamaata 91 ku quuso ma keeno horumar niyahow, emotion is destructive force which the religion was totally right to ban this and make ppl 'stoic' and totally 'brain focused' not 'halal iyo haram focused' kkkkkk

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Right now Somalia is in the stages of 3rd world and poverty and considered backwards but still apart of the human race but their will be a time when it stretches further like it did for the aborigines and once it stretches to that point of no return, 'insaanimada' kuma jirtid, u r going to be relegated to 'simply neaderthals' kkkkkk mark my word.

5000 years if a culture is isolated will lead to nothing but that culture being termed 'cawaan' and somalia is already ticking the box for 200-300 years worth of backwardness and u see their already designated as such where the pecking order is being formed. Do not allow this to continue just because u r emotional for islam or emotional over something else, disregard all of that and preserve yourselves at all cost as a culture isn't guranteed to survive as we seen in many places in the world and in history, it's not a gurantee from god, u must continously update-reform or else be left behind. I am very liberal about science-economy and only conservative on military-monarchy-govt styles since it produces a class system and makes ppl earn their spot in society not just given a freeby on somalinimo or race like peasant republic system creates.

I will not close of new knowledge due to emotions or religion, so that's why I say I am liberal, as long as it's provable knowledge but i am very conservative in the fact of respecting the monarchy and the centuries of cultural development and class system that it generated. I fear a somali identity system as it creates no class and become class-less society and rights are afforde to be a people who never earned it whatsoever and can lead to racism as byproduct where skin color is used to create a class kkkkk

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
For example if pigs become like the gold standard, u will see the dr ensuring that somalis join this trade and disregard religion, where-as a conservative won't. I will never allow pure benefits to be dictated by a religion. Hence my world view on knowledge wont change as it's supreme to me above religion, where-as some say religion is supreme to knowledge, i will always side with knowledge over religion and hence I am on liberal camp there. But i am very anti republican and prefer the aristocracy n sultanates as it nurtured a class system and social order that I think is beneficial to ensure that culture remains intact and do not support the class-less somali republic project and that everything is based on somali is not something that sits well with me watsoever.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Rooble44 I think is the only one who purely understand what I am saying with no 'emotion' involved but using pure intellect, and he isn't my clan, u see pure intellect can unite people which I don't disagree with since it's knowledge, where-as pure intellect and knowledge in laysku raco waxay keenaysa inu yaraado the idea of qabiil. Qabiil for the sake of qabiil is what u see in Somalia which is based on pure emotions, at least my qabiilism isn't to enforce qabiil as the order but to use it to protect my sultanate and aristocracy authority since I do believe in the class system I don't hold onto the idea of class-less somalia as the republican thought pushes.

So my qabiil is grounded in preserving the old order at all cost, so do not confuse my qabiil with the qabiil that is grounded not in history but purely grounded in the rebel idealogy. My qabiil is more a sophisticated version then that qabiil that formed thru the rebel groups. That qabiil is more republican qabiili he still believes in somalinimo but wants qabiil for the sake of power over somalis so it's a purely qabiil orientated republican, his trying to create qabiil n somali identities and mishmash it and then have a republic where he can make any decision he wants. That's why I clearly put the somali my qabiil is grounded in saldanad authority and monarchy, im not a republican qabiili since i don't hold onto the idea of class-less somalia, i hold onto that somalis are classes so don't throw me into a society of peasants who are using qabiil as an identity like u see in america using race as an identity, mine is purely to ensure my cultured aristocracy and sultanates is preserved and has powers over me as I trust their judgement a-lot more then some republican president with full powers grounded in nothing but class less somalinimo nationalism. I don't like republicn majertens either so u can see my qabiil is strongly rooted in saldanad and aristocracy at all times so don't throw me into the 'your republican qabiili' kkkkk cause i reject the republic of somalia all together

Trending

Latest posts