I applied to hundreds of jobs.

Leila

Wanaag iyo Dhiig kar
only one telephone interview, the guy offered me a job last week but he didn’t reply back to me!

I have never worked more than 5 weeks (full time)

3 months (part time)

I’m i the only one?

note: I have a bachelors degree

Make sure your CV is good and stands out . Also , apply for a variety of jobs in different sectors , not just Business . There is a lot of competition out there , you might not be able to find your ideal job straight away . Look for any job just to keep yourself busy and look for better opportunities in the mean time .

im 31. I’m from Glasgow but I currently live in London. My major is Business

I will give you the benefit of the doubt, I am sure you have a very valid reason as to why you haven't been able to find a proper job or hold down one after such a long period of time. Your applying for work at literally the worst period where everyone is losing their jobs due to the covid 19 and since you have no relevant work experience, its not a shock as to why employers aren't calling you back for interviews.

Since you are an ethnic minority male, a Muslim and you have a lack of work experience you definitely won't get hired in any retail or office based jobs as you are not a white attractive female, if you were one then you could walk into these jobs without much work experience.

Apply for any warehouse job, they are always hiring people and you don't need much work experience for them either, as they usually train you. I would also suggest you look into accounting since you studied business at university. Get your AAT qualifications and you can pretty much get hired as an accountant by any company afterwards.

Last edited:

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
Maybe you need to fix up your resume, also doesn’t hurt to exaggerate your skills and experiences. I have friend in HR and from what she tells me, they don’t care if you are telling the truth on your resume, what they care about is how it fits with the role they are trying to hire for, your first step to getting that interview is your resume.

You're suppose to be networking. Network. Network. Network. What are your classmates in your senior year doing? Start there. You should be looking into conferences when this all settles down. You should look into who the hiring managers are in the department of the company you are applying for. Go and check their page. See what hobbies they have. And casually start those hobbies.

Getting a good job is mostly who you know. Now you know.

Yep this is correct. If you ask most people who are in top managerial jobs today as to how they got their first big break in the company that they work for. They will tell you its all about having good work connections.

OP. If you haven't already made one. Make a LinkedIn profile and start networking with people.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
I dont know about sweden or norway.
But Denmark is by far not only the most racist country in Scandinavia and not only in Scandinavia but in the world. The only Thing you See in the newspaper's is about immigrant and what they did where there were. Extreme racist party groups Are the normal in Denmark cause the marjority of the country hates muslims including Somali's
I work as an part time pizza Guy. last week i was about to take an ordre from a sushi restaurant there was a young Danish chick about the same age as me, i told her the ordre nr i had to take and she out nowhere started to speak english to me. I was already angry that Day. but just let it go. And this week they started to give Somalis the fault for the corona and a local kindergarten didnt allow a Somali Mother her children to enter Kimdergarten out of All the other Kids.
Some of the Danes took advantage of the Hetz thats going on about somali's and begin to Write things like how they were scared of bieng driven by Somali taxi drivers and kinda alluded taxi companies to fire Them.
I heard that Denmark is the most racist European country from a 40 years old Syrian family guy, I thought it was personal experience.
And why the hell are so silent about this?

x z

±somali supremacist, anti-inceI&queen in the north
dont ask some of these lowlifes for advice, they are unemployed too.

london job market is tough, its better to go somewhere less saturated, and the pay is high but living costs is crazy. even back home in toronto its like this, which is why i wanna work in vancouver inshallah, but im majoring in something that has more job security.

i would say avoid london if you can,e specially if youre not well off, as most you earn will leave your account, your cashflow and upkeep will be difficult to maintain in such an expensive place. if you cant leave, i would say definitely take up some IT skills, or look for small roles in tech places but get vocational awards that most adult schools offer, then work up. if youre entrepreneurial, attend many workshops and come up with a business plan.

you could also choose to help out back home, and take advantage of the first mover advantage

dont ask some of these lowlifes for advice, they are unemployed too.

london job market is tough, its better to go somewhere less saturated, and the pay is high but living costs is crazy. even back home in toronto its like this, which is why i wanna work in vancouver inshallah, but im majoring in something that has more job security.

i would say avoid london if you can,e specially if youre not well off, as most you earn will leave your account, your cashflow and upkeep will be difficult to maintain in such an expensive place. if you cant leave, i would say definitely take up some IT skills, or look for small roles in tech places but get vocational awards that most adult schools offer, then work up. if youre entrepreneurial, attend many workshops and come up with a business plan.

you could also choose to help out back home, and take advantage of the first mover advantage
I thought London had many oppurtunity, wanted to move there for a bit from here st some point. Crazy

Vanessa

Support interracial love 💕
VIP
1. networking, attend job fairs or professional events, you may meet a potential employer, make some impressionable moves so you stand out from other candidates.
2. You can volunteer at hospital, firm or non profit organisation, you can learn new skills, meet new people (networking), and it will look good on your resume.
3. Have a LinkedIn page to make new connections (networking). If you’re interested in particular person, want to learn more about their field, send a message, and from there that’s how u make a connection.

I heard that Denmark is the most racist European country from a 40 years old Syrian family guy, I thought it was personal experience.
And why the hell are so silent about this?
If you a from an african or an middel eastern country and seek asylum in Denmark there is a 95% that they gonna reject you. Alot of the dannes are Prejudiced rejecting people.

1. networking, attend job fairs or professional events, you may meet a potential employer, make some impressionable moves so you stand out from other candidates.
2. You can volunteer at hospital, firm or non profit organisation, you can learn new skills, meet new people (networking), and it will look good on your resume.
3. Have a LinkedIn page to make new connections (networking). If you’re interested in particular person, want to learn more about their field, send a message, and from there that’s how u make a connection.
im in uni and i live just outside of the city
well I tell you to do some voluntary work to get some good references through volunteering and network in university.

Sadly for you it isn't a great time to be entering the work force in many sectors. But don't let that get you down. You will find something good eventually.

This is the kind of behaviour you would expect to see from some smaller companies. I'd be looking for better opportunities elsewhere.

Trending