Humanist Somali journalist, a highly interesting article.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So about a year ago I stumbled upon this article in the guardian observer that was featured on the main page. I would like you to read all of it and have a look. If I remember corrrectly it’s about a Somali journalist that both bashes and praises the conmunity. Talks about the struggle of growing up and his identity as a brit. It’s a very long read but an interesting one. I never knew something called “humanism” existed before reading thos article. He’s also an award winning journalist If I recall.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/mar/02/struggle-british-life-as-second-class-citizen
This was also written in the wake of Brexit and Trump

Merchant of Mogadishu

From Pella to Pattala, then back to Babylon
Humanism, secularism and liberalism are all in the same boat. Utter rubbish.

And yes, I did read the article. It was interesting however what I want to know is, why did he question his faith? Is he a Muslim now?

And yes, I did read the article. It was interesting however what I want to know is, why did he question his faith? Is he a Muslim now?

Merchant

These are the ideals which you, i and millions more were accepted as refugees and granted equal individual rights and the perks that come with citizenships. Show me one Muslim country or the ideology of islamism that offers such a noble gesture to humans.

Merchant of Mogadishu

From Pella to Pattala, then back to Babylon
Merchant

These are the ideals which you, i and millions more were accepted as refugees and granted equal individual rights and the perks that come with citizenships. Show me one Muslim country or the ideology of islamism that offers such a noble gesture to humans.

The fact of the matter is, there is no Muslim country today that upholds the religion of Islam today. There is no Muslim country today that grants justice and destroys injustice. But that does not mean that the non Muslim countries are all angelic and uphold justice to the highest measure.

They stole that term and gave it a compeletely different meaning. It hurts to see such a beautiful word/ideology get hijacked and lose its meaning

Indivual liberty - the freedom to be/do anything -, equality, unrestricted capitalism, small goverment.......

You can read from the man himself
71dsU1pQbiL.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending