HSM Gov Offensive against Al-Shabab : Thread

There is no national plan to defeat Alshabab. An offensive implies strategic planning and clear goals. The current government is instead extremely reactive and content with the status quo.

I expect little to no change over the next few years.

This is not Farmaajo's gov.

Not necessarily. Its starts at the top. If hsm makes the changes to sna fair enough. I'm strongly against any operation in middle shabelle with odowaa and 27th division head still in position.
i agree with that. odowaa has to go. another reason I'm not liking hsm so far. why are the likes of odowa and filish still here?

That's your opinion, but not facts. The macaswiely are just one of the factions fighting in Hiiraan and Galgadud, not sure why you are trying to downplay the young soldiers who are fighting against the enemies.

I guess it's easy to do from behind a comfortable home somewhere in the west.
The definition of insanity is repetition of the same actions and expecting different results. Clan militias are a long term blunder and cannot be used to replace or even compliment a functioning military.

It's the role of the military to fight alshabab not militias. It also exposes the short sightedness of HSM.

There is no national plan to defeat Alshabab. An offensive implies strategic planning and clear goals. The current government is instead extremely reactive and content with the status quo.

Just like this guys fake i will turn Somalia into Sweden in 4 years and i will defeat al-Shabaab like Rambo in 2 years it will fail :drakekidding:

1662384905643.png

The same army built, equipped, and well-funded in those 5 years. There was no SNA before those 5 years.
90% of towns and cities free today below galkacyo were freed pre 2017. Only strategic town liberated under farmaajo was janale. I find it funny how reer cbb just lie with no care lol. more land was freed from 2009-2017 than 2017-2022. There are many maps and sources showing this so you cannot deny.

The sna training deals you are talking about was signed by HSM with turkey back in 2014 and it was sheikh shariif that even established turkey and Somali ties in the first place. Farmaajo just feeds off others achievements

Unless the size of the SNA is increased or Macawiisley is formed in every region, any offensive against Al-Shabaab will be meaningless. That is because the size of the current SNA can't cover every town and village in South - Central Somalia.

Somelia needs to replicate the Iraqi experience where the PMU (People's Mobilization Forces) were augmenting the regular army. In the Somalia case, the Macawisleey forces should act as the PMU and the federal government should seek the funds to support Macawisley. This would be the best way to control every town and village in the country side.

Unless the size of the SNA is increased or Macawiisley is formed in every region, any offensive against Al-Shabaab will be meaningless. That is because the size of the current SNA can't cover every town and village in South - Central Somalia.

Somelia needs to replicate the Iraqi experience where the PMU (People's Mobilization Forces) were augmenting the regular army. In the Somalia case, the Macawisleey forces should act as the PMU and the federal government should seek the funds to support Macawisley. This would be the best way to control every town and village in the country side.
First time you spoke some sense. That is the only way to maintain liberated land from AS. Pro government paramilitary macawiisley. At the end of the day they live there and will always be there to maintain government presence

90% lo,f towns and cities free today below galkacyo were freed pre 2017. Only strategic town liberated under farmaajo was janale. I find it funny how reer cbb just lie with no care lol. more land was freed from 2009-2017 than 2017-2022. There are many maps and sources showing this so you cannot deny.

The sna training deals you are talking about was signed by HSM with turkey back in 2014 and it was sheikh shariif that even established turkey and Somali ties in the first place. Farmaajo just feeds off others achievements

Farmaajo created an integrated army, formed units such as Gorgor and Haramcad, paid the salary of the SNA on time and increased it twice, and increased NISA size in order to chase and capture plain-clothed Al-Shabaab terrorists. He's transformed SNA units from clan militia to a regular army.

Before Farmaajo assumed office, SNA didn't have a single file. No one knew who was a soldier. The US govt and others suspended the financial assistance to SNA during Hassan Sheekh Mohamud because SNA was used just like an NGO where different officers were using it as a funds-collection enterprise. And after Farmaajo-led government initiated and implemented reforms that ensured the Somali soldiers get themselves identified with their finger-prints collected and received their salary in their accounts, the international community trusted the Somali government's reform programs and re-instated the financial support to SNA and to other units.

You're really comparing day and night if you want Sheekh Shariif and HShM presidency with that of Farmaajo. Under ShSH and HShM governments, AMISOM was leading the fight; whereas under Farmaajo, it was the SNA. The SNA liberated many towns in Lower Shabeele and was stationed on many of the country's borders. The Somali people know who has done more for the country.

GemState

36/21
VIP
If HSM cant start an offensive in Galgaduud/Mudug, which is literal flatland, he should be practicing his driving cause he'll be the black Ashraf Ghani

Last edited:

People like you sir is what we call a classic hater. HSM is doing more in 5 months against Al Shabab than farmaajos years …yikes. Shows you who’s serious about his people and not social media points

bidenkulaha

GalYare
Farmaajo created an integrated army, formed units such as Gorgor and Haramcad, paid the salary of the SNA on time and increased it twice, and increased NISA size in order to chase and capture plain-clothed Al-Shabaab terrorists. He's transformed SNA units from clan militia to a regular army.

Before Farmaajo assumed office, SNA didn't have a single file. No one knew who was a soldier. The US govt and others suspended the financial assistance to SNA during Hassan Sheekh Mohamud because SNA was used just like an NGO where different officers were using it as a funds-collection enterprise. And after Farmaajo-led government initiated and implemented reforms that ensured the Somali soldiers get themselves identified with their finger-prints collected and received their salary in their accounts, the international community trusted the Somali government's reform programs and re-instated the financial support to SNA and to other units.

You're really comparing day and night if you want Sheekh Shariif and HShM presidency with that of Farmaajo. Under ShSH and HShM governments, AMISOM was leading the fight; whereas under Farmaajo, it was the SNA. The SNA liberated many towns in Lower Shabeele and was stationed on many of the country's borders. The Somali people know who has done more for the country.
Many towns :dead: he lost territory

Shabaab opened up tax centres and courts outside Xamar.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
Not necessarily. Its starts at the top. If hsm makes the changes to sna fair enough. I'm strongly against any operation in middle shabelle with odowaa and 27th division head still in position.

Why bold that bit and talk about hiraan and galgaduud smh. 0 facts as well. There is an operation going in Hiraan. Thats it and all the best to them. Danab and GorGor been doing the same isku sawir in LS and Balcad for the past 4 years sxb. I have all the respect for sna who've already been on the frontline 27th (3rd&4th) and 21st division.
Galmudug operations are a fantasy as long as Saleebaan have pacts with Shabaab, Murusade Duduble and Waceysle are Shabaab allied.

Who’s going to fight this war lol.

HSM keeps saying he’s developing a plan so we’ll see. I would expect changes then.

President Hassan has done far more in three months than what Farmajoo done in five years. farmajoo done this on purpose because he wanted to destroy us. Only God saved us.
Bidenkulaha Saleebaan have mobilised, so have Xawaadle.

I don't like Xijaar or Abudwaaq Biixi being in office more than anyone of you. But I support HSM and he is in charge. We have to stay united and obey and follow our leader.

Abgaal and Murusade need to mobilize the people. President Hassan and the government cannot do everything for you. The real work starts in going back to the villages and mobilising our people. 500 Abgaal and Murusade soldiers from Mogadishu can use Dhusameereb as a launching pad to head towards Ceelbuur and Ceeldheer. Al-shabab is weak and is getting destroyed. What you people forget is we are not just fighting Al-shabab but we are also fighting reer CBB who don't want you to win.

President Hassan has done far more in three months than what Farmajoo done in five years. farmajoo done this on purpose because he wanted to destroy us. Only God saved us.
Bidenkulaha Saleebaan have mobilised, so have Xawaadle.

I don't like Xijaar or Abudwaaq Biixi being in office more than anyone of you. But I support HSM and he is in charge. We have to stay united and obey and follow our leader.

Abgaal and Murusade need to mobilize the people. President Hassan and the government cannot do everything for you. The real work starts in going back to the villages and mobilising our people. 500 Abgaal and Murusade soldiers from Mogadishu can use Dhusameereb as a launching pad to head towards Ceelbuur and Ceeldheer. Al-shabab is weak and is getting destroyed. What you people forget is we are not just fighting Al-shabab but we are also fighting reer CBB who don't want you to win.
It’s in the works wacyesle had a big meeting and the plan to go in to Ceeldhere is in the works. Now it’s just up to the government of GM to back them with their military personals or if the FGS will straight up just do it on it’s own. I don’t have faith in qoor qoor zero hope in farmaajos condom man

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
I need Xarardheere liberated in less than 6 months time. The fighting in Hiiraan is a positive thing, it indicates this government is doing atleast something.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
It’s in the works wacyesle had a big meeting and the plan to go in to Ceeldhere is in the works. Now it’s just up to the government of GM to back them with their military personals or if the FGS will straight up just do it on it’s own. I don’t have faith in qoor qoor zero hope in farmaajos condom man
HSM literally could get rid of QQ in a couple days. Pay of a few MPs, send some troops (Mahad Salad, Qeybdiid have enough loyal troops within darawish) so QQ doesn’t interfere with parliament.

I can’t believe we’re gonna have to wait till 2024 to see the end of this qashin. What a waste of two years.

I need Xarardheere liberated in less than 6 months time. The fighting in Hiiraan is a positive thing, it indicates this government is doing atleast something.
Inshallah Xaradheere & Ceeldheere are both beautiful coastal regions absolutel gems that needs to be liberated

Galmudug operations are a fantasy as long as Saleebaan have pacts with Shabaab, Murusade Duduble and Waceysle are Shabaab allied.

Who’s going to fight this war lol.

HSM keeps saying he’s developing a plan so we’ll see. I would expect changes then.
AS have broken the peace agreement they had with saleebaan. They destroyed many wells in towns and communication masts bear in mind they all use mobile money since the shilling doesn’t work outside of banaadir. The non aggression pact they have started in 2016 when saleebaan revolted in xarardhere and AS torched dumaaye. They had no government assistance, this time round they do Reer baxdo are well armed and united with Reer wisil.

That’s the curse of being laandheere salabeen will cause inner fighting among HG if they are replaced.
HSM literally could get rid of QQ in a couple days. Pay of a few MPs, send some troops (Mahad Salad, Qeybdiid have enough loyal troops within darawish) so QQ doesn’t interfere with parliament.

I can’t believe we’re gonna have to wait till 2024 to see the end of this qashin. What a waste of two years.

Trending