How To Stop Islamophobia

Status
Not open for further replies.
This cleric explains how to confront Islamophobia, and just as important, how not to confront it. He's a total legend. He tells the truth about the bearded crooks in nighties that give Islam a bad name and use their celebrity status in the masjid to marry four sisters who are promptly divorced when their boobs sag for another four. He's a hero even though he's Shia. He reminds me of the fearless Sunni scholars I admire:

I bet @ElitistSomali, @darklight, and @Kafir would not be drinking henny if they had scholars like this growing up.

So I watched the video and now I'm wondering what exactly that has to do with being a Muslim. It's actually pretty obvious. In your mind you think believing in a religion ultimately has anything more to do than the simple bottom line. Is this religion true or not? Everything else is a distraction. I'm glad this wadaad doesn't think criticism of Islam is islamaphobia that's nice, but what matters when it comes to believing in Islam is this. Do you genuinely believe that Muhammad was spoken to by an angel in that cave?

If so, why? If a man were to come to you today presenting the very same claim with the same lack of evidence would you believe this man? Of course you wouldn't, because you're a rational human being. You aren't a Muslim because you were presented this story, put some hard thought into it and then accepted it as truth. You were raised into it.

Ask yourself this. Is it just a coincidence that you happened to be born into the one true religion? Or is there potentially another explanation. That perhaps you just like every other person who ever lived also thought of themselves as being born into the true faith no matter how different those faiths were. Ask yourself that if Allah really did communicate with mankind why would he use a similar method as with all the other false religions? That he would enlighten one man with direct evidence and expect everyone else across the world for the rest of time to believe purely out of hearsay.

Use a bit of intellectual honesty and ask yourself why you are a Muslim. What compelling piece of information did you find? That when you found that piece of information if you used the same standard of skepticism you would use for any other claim you come across. That you aren't making a conclusion that it's true first, and working backwards to look for supporting evidence.

None of the so called evidence for Islam is close to compelling. It's as far-reaching and shallow as the evidence for any other religion. What's especially funny is how Christians and Muslims will look at the same piece of evidence and come to dramatically different conclusions. It's also not a coincidence that the conclusions they find just so happen to confirm their previously held beliefs.

So I watched the video and now I'm wondering what exactly that has to do with being a Muslim. It's actually pretty obvious. In your mind you think believing in a religion ultimately has anything more to do than the simple bottom line. Is this religion true or not? Everything else is a distraction. I'm glad this wadaad doesn't think criticism of Islam is islamaphobia that's nice, but what matters when it comes to believing in Islam is this. Do you genuinely believe that Muhammad was spoken to by an angel in that cave?

If so, why? If a man were to come to you today presenting the very same claim with the same lack of evidence would you believe this man? Of course you wouldn't, because you're a rational human being. You aren't a Muslim because you were presented this story, put some hard thought into it and then accepted it as truth. You were raised into it.

Ask yourself this. Is it just a coincidence that you happened to be born into the one true religion? Or is there potentially another explanation. That perhaps you just like every other person who ever lived also thought of themselves as being born into the true faith no matter how different those faiths were. Ask yourself that if Allah really did communicate with mankind why would he use a similar method as with all the other false religions? That he would enlighten one man with direct evidence and expect everyone else across the world for the rest of time to believe purely out of hearsay.

Use a bit of intellectual honesty and ask yourself why you are a Muslim. What compelling piece of information did you find? That when you found that piece of information if you used the same standard of skepticism you would use for any other claim you come across. That you aren't making a conclusion that it's true first, and working backwards to look for supporting evidence.

None of the so called evidence for Islam is close to compelling. It's as far-reaching and shallow as the evidence for any other religion. What's especially funny is how Christians and Muslims will look at the same piece of evidence and come to dramatically different conclusions. It's also not a coincidence that the conclusions they find just so happen to confirm their previously held beliefs.
Long comment. Are you an essayist? Maybe you want to be the next Christopher Hitchens. I hear Somali gaalo are fond of their polemics.

So you think the sheikh is spitting truth about crooked sheikhs who cheat the welfare system and beg the cadaan whilst claiming to hate the West?

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
I ain’t gonna lie though I would pretend to be a shia if I was in Iran so I could mount I mean marry bare Persian es for a few hours each in and out just like a robbery:banderas:

I ain’t gonna lie though I would pretend to be a shia if I was in Iran so I could mount I mean marry bare Persian es for a few hours each in and out just like a robbery:banderas:
Persian sweeties are burning their hijab in Tehran so I doubt they'd wanna fool around with a horny theocrat like you. Theocrats are the worst horndogs. Ayatollah Khomenei said that you can screw a chicken. Typical Shariah boy.

Ahlul Bayt do not ≠ Shia.

How are you equating the sanctified family with these people?
The Shia love the prophet's family more than we do. They beat themselves mercilessly to within an inch of their life for Hassan and Hussein. When was the last time you beat yourself for anybody? You can't even wake up for Fajr.

First of all, resorting to personal attacks already?

The 'Shia' are the same people who betrayed Imam Husayn. Beating yourself is undignified.

Don't know what you've been reading but love of Ahlul Bayt isn't a 'Shia' thing or a monopoly exclusive to them.

In any case, the Ahlul Bayt wouldn't associate with people who curse the Sahaba (yes I know not all of them do this) and do various other things...

First of all, resorting to personal attacks already?

The 'Shia' are the same people who betrayed Imam Husayn. Beating yourself is undignified.

Don't know what you've been reading but love of Ahlul Bayt isn't a 'Shia' thing or a monopoly exclusive to them.

In any case, the Ahlul Bayt wouldn't associate with people who curse the Sahaba (yes I know not all of them do this) and do various other things...
You call that a personal attack? That's just mild ribbing. I'm brutal when I launch into personal attacks. You've not seen nothing.

Forget about cursing Sahaba, there are people who used to kill Sahaba. Do you know who they are? Other Sahaba. Ali ibn Abi Talib fought a war against Muawiyah. Plenty of Sahaba were killed. Aisha took the side of Muawiyah, and since both she and Ali were members of the Prophet's family, even the Ahlul Bayt made war on each other.

There is no difference between worshipping the Ahlul Bayt as Shias do and worshipping the Sahaba as Saudi educated people do. The only person I worship is Allah.

You are treading on dangerous waters mate.

Who said I worship anyone other than Allah?

Did you really just say Muslims who love and respect the Sahaba and Ahlul Bayt worship them?

Man just said 'worshipping the Sahaba as Saudi educated people do'? SubhanAllah.

Genuine question, where did you learn religion. It's unfortunate you feel it is a Saudi thing to respect the Sahaba.

Lastly, the war you speak of has specific reasons why it occurred and it is not our place to say anything about the Sahaba. The dust on their feet is better than the entire Ummah presently alive combined

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending