How to not be xaasid

One of the reasons I wanted to be the 'king of the hill' in every social situation was because I thought being superior would protect me form the harm of people.

But now I realize I don't have to be dominant I just need to rely on Allah.

I can now accept that some folks are better than me. At academics/sports/life. And that's Ok.

It may seem pretty basic, but this is for the folks that need to read this.

Also: Being Xaasid is Rafaad, you can't be positive, you can barely work on yourself, and you get left further and further 'in the dust' (Xaasid folks are super sensitive to this)

One of the reasons I wanted to be the 'king of the hill' in every social situation was because I thought being superior would protect me form the harm of people.

I can now accept that some folks are better than me. At academics/sports/life. And that's Ok.

Also: Being Xaasid is Rafaad, you can't be positive, you can barely work on yourself, and you get left further and further 'in the dust' (Xaasid folks are super sensitive to this)
You aren't Xaasid it's ok to be competitive, a Xaasid individual is someone who tries to pull others down and is envious of the success of others. Remember envy ruins relationships, and healthy competition is alright.

vanilla

i think with my heart
you could get inspired/motivated by someone and we learn best from mirroring others. i think being xasid is when you are hating on the person. i always remind myself of these two hadiths:

-Anas ibn Malik reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “None of you will have faith until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself.”

-Abu Huraira reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Beware of envy, for it devours good deeds just as fire devours wood or grass.

IGotDaAnswers

jUst keeping it REAL homie

Be Xaasid to the right people. Lay your opps down and empower your friends I want my close friends to be as good as me if not better than me because I would benefit from it both socially and financially. Don’t be an idiot and treat your boys and opps the same
it’s a dog eat dog world

Be Xaasid to the right people. Lay your opps down and empower your friends I want my close friends to be as good as me if not better than me because I would benefit from it both socially and financially. Don’t be an idiot and treat your boys and opps the same
it’s a dog eat dog world
Just the Muslims akhi

Edit: Just the Muslims will be backed*

like most somali parents I'll bet yours compared you to everyone on everything...everything becomes a competition. you can''t help but loathe yourself if you feel beat in some department and I can see how that means you end up xasding others..

Trending