How much MENA ancestry do horners really have

They have 25-30 % bronze age Yemeni ancestry.
We don’t know this for sure, there’s strong evidence of pre-Sabean contact between the Horn of Africa and Arabia, which most likely involved some mixing.

There’s very strong evidence of ancient Egyptian contact with Eritrea/Tigray which may have resulted in some mixing too.

@Himller, does that also mean the Omotics (Native East African) are mixed with ancient eurasians?
Well Omotic speakers seem to be mostly Mota-like + Cushitic like so they will have Eurasian ancestry via both sides IMO except the Eurasian ancestry on the Mota side is completely different from the Cushitic one.

I don’t think Mota has actual significant Eurasian ancestry, but I think there ancestors branched off closer to the Eurasian bottleneck than say West Africans ancestors.
Since it was earlier could that point to Eurasian group closer to SSA than the ones Cushities mixed with?
I’m not exactly sure what you’re asking here

Idc what anyone says, middle easterners got our DNA not the other way around. I believe there was a study on this as well (correct me if I’m wrong) and that also explains why you almost never see an Arab get 100% on their 23andme/dna test but it’s a common thing in east Africans (Somalis and Ethios) so stop the 🧢 we ain’t mixed.

How we gonna be mixed and all look the same? Y’all wanna see what a mixed ancestry population look like go to South America, they all look diff due to different levels of admixture. It doesn’t make sense to me that all Somalis would have the exact same admixture

EF49C777-D546-411F-9746-0F24323C1DCA.jpeg

Kingdom of Axum also owned a part of Yemen which further adds to my theory 💯💯💯

Well Omotic speakers seem to be mostly Mota-like + Cushitic like so they will have Eurasian ancestry via both sides IMO except the Eurasian ancestry on the Mota side is completely different from the Cushitic one.

I don’t think Mota has actual significant Eurasian ancestry, but I think there ancestors branched off closer to the Eurasian bottleneck than say West Africans ancestors.

I’m just throwing things out there since I’m confused about the omotic origin.

I’m just throwing things out there since I’m confused about the omotic origin.
We all are lol Omotic people are an interesting bunch to say the least. I think broadly speaking they are Mota like + Cushitic pastoralists. Please say your question again it’s 4am where I’m at so I’m a lil slow.

Also I just want to clarify I don’t think the reason for the Eurasian affinity present in Dinka and Mota can be explained mainly with back migrations, I explained my ideas above and in another thread

Read this when you get the chance. 👍🏼

We all are lol Omotic people are an interesting bunch to say the least. I think broadly speaking they are Mota like + Cushitic pastoralists. Please say your question again it’s 4am where I’m at so I’m a lil slow.

Also I just want to clarify I don’t think the reason for the Eurasian affinity present in Dinka and Mota can be explained mainly with back migrations, I explained my ideas above and in another thread

Read this when you get the chance. 👍🏼
Also bro , excuse me for going off topic again but do you know anything of Agaws and their migration pattern?

Lol Yemenis having Axumite ancestry isn’t mutually exclusive with Horn Africans having Middle Eastern and North African DNA
1705983762388.gif

And nobody gonna convince me otherwise. I don’t hear any other ethnic group talking about their prehistoric ancestry the way Somalis latch onto the supposed 30-40 whatever new % mena dna. This topic is brought up all the time it’s no coincidence 🤦🏾‍♀️

I don’t want middle eastern dna sorry and I’m not going to claim it, y’all shouldn’t either. I’d rather y’all talk about qabiil honestly

View attachment 312318
And nobody gonna convince me otherwise. I don’t hear any other ethnic group talking about their prehistoric ancestry the way Somalis latch onto the supposed 30-40 whatever new % mena dna. This topic is brought up all the time it’s no coincidence 🤦🏾‍♀️

I don’t want middle eastern dna sorry and I’m not going to claim it, y’all shouldn’t either. I’d rather y’all talk about qabiil honestly

These lineages don’t make anyone less Black or African, it’s just interesting since you have a region being the crossroads between two continents and the genetic implications of that.

Thinking you’re more European or Arab because of this is just some hotep nonsense from a relatively recent period of time.

View attachment 312318

23andme only goes back a couple hundred years, it is a genetic fact that scientists geneticists archaeology shows. Somalis are simply somali, and this is very old prehistoric ancestry

Idc what anyone says, middle easterners got our DNA not the other way around. I believe there was a study on this as well (correct me if I’m wrong) and that also explains why you almost never see an Arab get 100% on their 23andme/dna test but it’s a common thing in east Africans (Somalis and Ethios) so stop the 🧢 we ain’t mixed.

How we gonna be mixed and all look the same? Y’all wanna see what a mixed ancestry population look like go to South America, they all look diff due to different levels of admixture. It doesn’t make sense to me that all Somalis would have the exact same admixture
Again it's prehistoric and it homogenized, somalis simply intermarried to keep it consistent. Most North Africans get 100 on their 23andme (North African is a mixture of mostly Eurasian ancestry relating to the middle east and some native african ancestry) same with yemenis, it simply tracks to the average somali. If it used other groups who have little eurasian dna in ethiopia, it would show you.
No offence but denying something proven by everyone it a bit weird walaal again, somalis are just somalis. Everyone is a mixture and homogenized to look the same.
The study which you are talking about i have no clue, but are thousands of other study that debunk that notion in fact if you look at old east african results from 23andme for example they consistently score MENA+SSA in about half and half, but they made a horn african sample so if you are horn african you will be matching to that sample.

Middle Easterners did not get our DNA, Natufians got a bit of omitic ancestry which were basically the natives of Ethopia with little Eurasian ancestry. Just because a population lives in a place where the original humans come from does not mean they are same population. Comparing South America to homogenized prehistoric ancestry is a bit weird, again somalis homogenized in terms of looks because they kept marrying each other for basically thousands of years.

View attachment 312318

I mean it's a genetic fact, so you already have it. Somali are Somalis, and that mixture is very old to even claim in the first place. Europeans are far more recently mixed with West Asian, i doubt anyone would called them mixed with west asians.

World

VIP
We don’t know this for sure, there’s strong evidence of pre-Sabean contact between the Horn of Africa and Arabia, which most likely involved some mixing.

There’s very strong evidence of ancient Egyptian contact with Eritrea/Tigray which may have resulted in some mixing too.
The admixture has been calculated to date back to the bronze age, not before or after. The Sabeans colonised and settled the Horn of Africa and Eritrea was their epicentre. They brought their languages, civilisation, agriculture etc with them.

Tigrayans are around 55-60% Eurasian, same with Amhara, Oromos are extremely diverse
This simply isn’t true.

When estimating Eurasian-SSA proportions things can get a little weird with East/North Africans depending on what references you use for the Eurasian and SSA.

Somalis can be modelled as being 45% Natufian, 55% Dinka.

Another model can be 40% BA Levant, 60% Dinka.
The difference in proportions is due to higher ANA/SSA-like affinity in Natufians relative to later Levantine farmers.

In any case most papers I’ve seen that estimate Eurasian-SSA proportions, whether it be admixture, f4 ratios, qpadm models etc… Somalis are consistently between 40-50% “Eurasian/MENA”
Habesha people are about 50-60 on average. But this greatly depends on what kind of proxies are being used.
There are studies saying habeshas are up to 66% Eurasian, so it varies but most studies are pretty consistent.

Something that needs to be said is that this “Eurasian SSA” dichotomy gets weird when it comes to East/North Africa as the Eurasian bottleneck most likely occurred in North East Africa there were almost certainly many transitional groups that existed probably between North/East Africa

There are Palaeolithic remains in East Africa that show Eurasian affinities, these remains are 80,000+ years old which proves Eurasian features to some degree are local to Africa and that we will likely find populations intermediate between Eurasians and SSA despite being completely native.

I think Dinka and Mota are good examples of somewhat transitional groups, and they are the best representatives for our SSA ancestry. They literally plot with African Americans on a PCA, meaning they behave like a 25% Eurasian people despite having less Neanderthal DNA than the vast majority of Sub Saharan Africans, on a treemix diagram, a qp graph you see the same thing, phylogenetically they are always slightly shifted towards Eurasian groups compared to the rest of SSA, which makes sense considering they are East African and would naturally share more recent common ancestry with the Africans who settled Eurasia. So the Dinka and Mota likely have some deep Eurasian affinity.

There are some admixture analyses where Somalis and Habeshas are like 50-55% and 65/66% Eurasian respectively, very often I’ve noticed those papers pick up on the Eurasian/MENA affinity embedded into Dinka/Mota
Bruh you’re making complicated for the others just say

Somali 40-50 eursian but on average they’re 45
Amhara 50-55% eursian but on average they’re 50
Oromo depends on cuz some are closer to somalis while other Amhara
Eritrean habesha 50-60 eursian but on average they’re 55% eursian.

Ertiean Cushitic has the highest eursian in Cushitic family while Somalis have the lowest omotic.

The admixture has been calculated to date back to the bronze age, not before or after. The Sabeans colonised and settled the Horn of Africa and Eritrea was their epicentre. They brought their languages, civilisation, agriculture etc with them.

This simply isn’t true.
60% to be fair it’s very very rare unless if the Eritrean habesha have Arabian grandparent then it would make sense.

some Somali lander have Arab grandparent either Yemeni or Yemeni Jew hence why they’ve more eursian blood then the average Somalis so they clutch more with habesha then the average somali

This simply isn’t true.
So it began with the Dmt kingdom?

Duke$

Living well is the best revenge Duke of guacamole
Y’all want to be Arab so bad might as well go to Saudi Arabia at this point

Trending