How many of sspoters completed the Quran (memorized)

Did you memorize all Quran

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jokes on you. I completed reading Quran one month last Ramadan.

Right now I am just reading hizb once every two days.
Congrats. That's more like it. Most folks never get past Juz Camma. That's because they wanna be like a hard drive. The Quran must be the only book which is memorized but never read.

There was a good reason for memorization in past ages. Before the printing press was invented, books were rare, expensive, and most people were illiterate so they had to commit information to memory which could not be conveyed to them by literature. Only the wealthy could afford books because if you wanted a book it had to be written out by hand. But after the printing press came along, the need to memorize became obsolete. Books were plentiful. There was no danger of losing information, the original purpose behind rote learning.

All you need to memorize are suras that you need for salaat. Unless you're an imaam leading taraawih prayers, memorizing long suras like Baqarah is not necessary. That's time which could be better spent reading and understanding the Furqan.

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
Unfortunately, i have not completed learning the Qur'an. It's something that i plan, to go back on and complete, In Sha Allah.

Hybrid

Death Awaits You
I barely know to recite al-hamdu.
Why would I bother to xafid the Quran when I can't understand a single Arabic word.

Gadiid

So much depends upon a red wheel barrow.
Are you studying it now?

Not in a school environment or what have you, every now and then I'll memorise verses and use them in salah.
I should be more serious though, reading the Qur'an is easy but memorising is another matter.

Gadiid

So much depends upon a red wheel barrow.
I don't live in an Arabic speaking country so there's no need for it

You don't need to speak Arabic to learn the Qu'ran, majority of Muslims are non-Arab yet they recite the Qu'ran just fine.
There are transliterations out there in latin, even then learning to read Arabic script is easy.

Merchant of Mogadishu

From Pella to Pattala, then back to Babylon
I have not finished memorising the Quran, in fact I left at Surah Ya sin once I started college. I plan to go back to it Insha'Allah

Not in a school environment or what have you, every now and then I'll memorise verses and use them in salah.
I should be more serious though, reading the Qur'an is easy but memorising is another matter.
You should go to a dugsi you will learn better most likely even memories it.

Hybrid

Death Awaits You
You don't need to speak Arabic to learn the Qu'ran, majority of Muslims are non-Arab yet they recite the Qu'ran just fine.
There are transliterations out there in latin, even then learning to read Arabic script is easy.
I'm just not cool with that. I might try to recite the Quran if they translate the Quran in Somali or English.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending