How many languages can you speak at the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FendiFanatic

Freedom of Speech
Why learn Amharic. Are you from Ethiopia?
I lived in Addis Ababa until I was 6 it’s my first language and then my dad got a Canadian passport

I can also speak Oromo but it’s broken asf right now. If I brushed up for a month I’d be in good shape :mjpls:

Apollo

VIP
I lived in Addis Ababa until I was 6 it’s my first language and then my dad got a Canadian passport

I can also speak Oromo but it’s broken asf right now. If I brushed up for a month I’d be in good shape :mjpls:

I used to think almost all diaspora Somalis came from Mogadishu or Hargeisa.. but some of you guys have odd backstories. :hmm:

Radical

Certified CNC expert.
Are you multilingual? If the answer is Yes, how many and state them.
For me I can speak 3 to 4 languages
Somali
Swahili
English
Afjini---local language that I used to speak with my friends:ayaanswag: if you know you know

I can understand Hindu, can't speak it that much
Similarly to spanish, but I wanna completely learn Spanish Inshallah one day:fittytousand:

I don't like french too much
and yeah can understand amharic sometimes
@Emily you're welcomed:camby:

Edit: I can understand Arabic too, but don't speak it that much as I don't have Arab friends
How good is your swahili?

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
But naishi hapo Kenya kwa isich
I swear I would've changed it but I thought you could be from TZ:ayaanswag: that's why I typed that shit uno. Waishi/unaishi but don't you know that waswahili wa pwani pale kenya wanaongea vivyo hivyo?

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
But naishi hapo Kenya kwa isich
Kuzuri kwako, nilidhani ulitoka tz. Hiyo ndio sababu ambayo nilitumia dialect za waswahili wenye lughA sanifu:pachah1:. Ile ya kenya ni sheng tu, vile wanakoroga kimombo na swahili ungeshangaa:drakelaugh: that's why tz yao ndio poa. Lakini nilisikia ya tz ni lina upole sana mpaka wantumianga/wanatumia tafadhali mara kadhaa:mjlol: What kind of bullcrap is that?

Last edited:

Radical

Certified CNC expert.
Kuzuri kwako, nilidhani ulitoka tz. Hiyo ndio sababu ambayo nilitumia dialect za waswahili wenye lughA sanifu:pachah1:. Ile ya kenya ni sheng tu, vile wanakoroga kimombo ma swahili ungeshangaa:drakelaugh: that's why tz yao ndio poa. Lakini nilisikia ya tz ni lina upole sana mpaka wantumianga/wanatumia tafadhali mara kadhaa:mjlol: What kind of bullcrap is that?
Mtu anapoishi katika coast (Mombasa) anaye uwezo wa kuongea swahili namna hiyo but here in Nairobi we like to keep it simple.

Walahi swahili and English mix together like bread and butter they'll never know about the satisfaction of switching between different langs in order to make the sentences more simpler, like for example:

"Maziwa yamepatikana kwa chini ya kitanda" sounds pretty rough on the tongue, instead you could switch it up for "maziwa iko chini ya bed"

Status
Not open for further replies.