How long do you plan on living in the west

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Do you plan on staying in your host country or do you plan on moving back home or another Islamic country that is developed?

I just wanted to share this hadith with you brothers and sisters that apparently it's haram to live in a gaalo country. If a person has enough means of livelihood available to him in his native country for him to be able to live according to the (average) standard of his people, but he emigrates in order to raise his standard of living and live a life of luxury and comfort, then emigration for such a purpose has at least some degree of Karahat in it, because such a person is throwing himself into a storm of evil, and endangering his faith and moral character without there being any necessity for it. Experience shows that the people who settle in non-Muslim countries for luxury and comfort find their religious restraint diminishing in the face of the many temptations of evil.

The Holy Prophet (Sallallaho Alaihi Wassallam) said: “I am free (i.e. I disavow myself) from every Muslim who lives with disbelievers.” Sahabah asked, “Why, O Messenger of Allah?” He replied, “The fires of the two cannot co-exist.” Khattabi says in his commentary on this hadith that it has several meanings. One is that the two (a Muslim and a Kafir) are not equal in Hukm (ruling) they both have different rules.

The hadith is pretty clear and the meaning as being that Allah has differentiated between the lands of Islam and Kufr and consequently it is not allowed for a Muslim to live amongst disbelievers in their lands, because when the Kuffar light their fires he will be seen as one of them. The scholars also derive from this the ruling that one should not stay in the lands of the Kuffar when visiting for trade etc. (Khattabi, Ma’alim-As-Sunan, K. Jihad, 473 : iii).

I don't plan to live in the west. My wife wants us to live in Dubai because she knows it's not good to raise your kids in a degenerate society. In Dubai, ography, women dressing unmodest, drugs, homosexuality and etc are banned in Dubai. What are your thoughts and do you plan on staying or leaving the west?

Next 10 years till I complete my education and gain a bit of experience. I will be in either Jubaland, NFD,k5 or Mogadishu. I will come back for my yearly medical like all the African dictators. Even Bemba was freed after killing so many people.

Last edited:
Do you plan on staying in your host country or do you plan on moving back home or another Islamic country that is developed?

I just wanted to share this hadith with you brothers and sisters that apparently it's haram to live in a gaalo country. If a person has enough means of livelihood available to him in his native country for him to be able to live according to the (average) standard of his people, but he emigrates in order to raise his standard of living and live a life of luxury and comfort, then emigration for such a purpose has at least some degree of Karahat in it, because such a person is throwing himself into a storm of evil, and endangering his faith and moral character without there being any necessity for it. Experience shows that the people who settle in non-Muslim countries for luxury and comfort find their religious restraint diminishing in the face of the many temptations of evil.

The Holy Prophet (Sallallaho Alaihi Wassallam) said: “I am free (i.e. I disavow myself) from every Muslim who lives with disbelievers.” Sahabah asked, “Why, O Messenger of Allah?” He replied, “The fires of the two cannot co-exist.” Khattabi says in his commentary on this hadith that it has several meanings. One is that the two (a Muslim and a Kafir) are not equal in Hukm (ruling) they both have different rules.

The hadith is pretty clear and the meaning as being that Allah has differentiated between the lands of Islam and Kufr and consequently it is not allowed for a Muslim to live amongst disbelievers in their lands, because when the Kuffar light their fires he will be seen as one of them. The scholars also derive from this the ruling that one should not stay in the lands of the Kuffar when visiting for trade etc. (Khattabi, Ma’alim-As-Sunan, K. *****, 473 : iii).

I don't plan to live in the west. My wife wants us to live in Dubai because she knows it's not good to raise your kids in a degenerate society. In Dubai, ography, women dressing unmodest, drugs, homosexuality and etc are banned in Dubai. What are your thoughts and do you plan on staying or leaving the west?
I would love to live in a Muslim country, even for a little bit. I’d want my kids to experience living amongst Muslims during their formative years. But forever? I don’t think so. There are a lot of human rights issues in places like the UAE, and blatant racism. The west is what you make it, at least here you can have citizenship and own your own property. Over in the ME they won’t give you citizenship, no matter how many years you’ve been living there.

Basic

Passive Aggressive is the new Aggressive
VIP
The UK is practically a Muslim country. As long as things don’t drastically change I wouldn’t mind staying here for the foreseeable future. Would like to return back home when I’m old though inshallah

What's with these types of threads? What kind of question is that? What alternative do I even have? Just because I'm Somali doesn't mean I should live in or belong in Somalia. That's only for the bums and retirees.

Apollo

VIP
A little bit surprised that @Factz as a Canadian holds these opinions. Usually it is European Somalis who have this urge to move back to Somaliweyn or to an Islamic country. I thought that North American Somalis had more of a sense of belonging to their host country because of a lack of an ethnic identity being attached to it.

I'm probably gonna spend the majority of my entire life in the West, I may live in Asia or Africa for a few years, but the West is where I'll come back to. I do want to spend my retirement years in Somalia if possible, however.

I would love to live in a Muslim country, even for a little bit. I’d want my kids to experience living amongst Muslims during their formative years. But forever? I don’t think so. There are a lot of human rights issues in places like the UAE, and blatant racism. The west is what you make it, at least here you can have citizenship and own your own property. Over in the ME they won’t give you citizenship, no matter how many years you’ve been living there.
Places like Turkey give out citizenship within 5 years of living there, it's an option to look into

Octavian

Hmm
VIP

The hadith is pretty clear and the meaning as being that Allah has differentiated between the lands of Islam and Kufr and consequently it is not allowed for a Muslim to live amongst disbelievers in their lands, because when the Kuffar light their fires he will be seen as one of them. The scholars also derive from this the ruling that one should not stay in the lands of the Kuffar when visiting for trade etc. (Khattabi, Ma’alim-As-Sunan, K. *****, 473 : iii).

yes in 10 years im moving to Kismayo after uni and also getting some work experience

Basic

Passive Aggressive is the new Aggressive
VIP
A little bit surprised that @Factz as a Canadian holds these opinions. Usually it is European Somalis who have this urge to move back to Somaliweyn or to an Islamic country. I thought that North American Somalis had more of a sense of belonging to their host country because of a lack of an ethnic identity being attached to it.
I used to have those opinions but met some Canadians on this site like @Factz @Desert Flower @Mahacagalla @Helios and @sophisticate who are very culturally insightful.

" a lot of human rights issues" i wanna know about "a lot" of human rights issues. How many of them? Give me examples.
"blatant racism." Absolute BS.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
What's with these types of threads? What kind of question is that? What alternative do I even have? Just because I'm Somali doesn't mean I should live in or belong in Somalia. That's only for the bums and retirees.

Somalia is not the only Islamic country that's why I put in other options and as for Somalia, you can find good opportunities there. I know the so-called "bums" who became successful entrepreneurs and made so much money. They have their own mansions and living life.

It's just a thought tbh I didn't enroll in any courses yet so I might change my mind before covid is over

The pay is really good if you have a western passport. They don't tax your income, they only have sales tax which is around 5%. Much better than any western country.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Nairobi is where the money is in no other place will you find entire buroughs of Somalis in villas and range rovers who have little care for qabiil plus if i live in Somali areas I will just feel like im in a more developed Somalia. :dance:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Trending

Latest posts