How is Somalia Ethnically diverse?

Dude you’re from Eyl.

Centuries of international trade was happening there.

This ain’t a magaal v tuulo situation but a coastal v inland one.

:draketf:
Who Was Talkin About EYL We Have No Shisheyeeye In Eyl Keep Hatin On Tuulo Folk Does Not Negate The Fact Y'all Are Some Turnt Out People
:ufdup::umad::win::sass2:

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
We’re ethnically diverse. 25% minority non-somali.

I despair when I see non-Somalis in my country but it’s the sad truth. If it was up to me I would kick out anyone who doesn’t return 100% somali on a dna test
Google says somali bantu population is 900k-1 million, somalia is like 20,000,000 without galbeed/nfd. So how are they like 15%? That doesn’t even add up.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
I include Somalis who identify with the majority but with more than 5% Bantu ancestry into the minority bucket, lol.

That plus Benadiris, many Oromos, and the few Arabs and Asians.
I’m fine with benadiri and somali bantu, oromo expansionists need to be deported once they get independence from amhara. They stealing too much land from us in galbeed, next thing you know they will try to annex somaliland too
:nahgirl:

I’ve never seen bantu in my life, where are they?
There’s none in Djibouti and the first Somali Bantu I met was when I was 19 in Canada I was lowkey shocked because she was wearing the tie dyed shalmaad ( that the reer xamar wear: sorry LOL but it’s the truth) and she was speaking Somali 🙀🙀

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member

You have no clue. Somalis get the biggest smile on their face at the sight of an ajnabi speaking Somali. They give them a Somali name and then inquire if they are married or not. They are welcomed into the Somali identity. I saw this first hand with one white/black guy in the city I grew up in named Ilyas. Other cases exist like Stacey and Bashir in Minneapolis.

Based

VIP
You have no clue. Somalis get the biggest smile on their face at the sight of an ajnabi speaking Somali. They give them a Somali name and then inquire if they are married or not. They are welcomed into the Somali identity. I saw this first hand with one white/black guy in the city I grew up in named Ilyas. Other cases exist like Stacey and Bashir in Minneapolis.
Remember that Canadian kid who spoke fluent Somali on YouTube :mjlol:

I agree with you that Somalis accept those that speak Somali and are married to a Somali or/and are half Somali into the community, but your original post just said that any random indoyar that speaks Somali is considered Somali. Over my dead body lol. Somalis are hesitant to even accept Oromo that speak Somali. Gotta have at least

you need 3 points to be Somali & 2 points to be an honorary Somali
Both parents somali - 3 points
One parent Somali - 2 points
Speak somali - 1 point
Married to a Somali - 1 point
Live in Somalia permanently- 1 point
Atheist : -0.5 points

Last edited:

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
I agree with you that Somalis accept those that speak Somali, are married to a Somali and especially those that are half Somali into the community, but your original post just said that any random indoyar that speaks Somali is considered Somali. Over my dead body lol

They consider them Somali too. I don't know why this is being disputed. He would clearly be Chinese but like I said, once you speak Somali, they welcome you into the community and regard you as one of them (even if they have no desire to be regarded as Somali). This is similar to the sheegatos in the Somali clan system. As you know, many Somalis are sheegato unbeknownst to them due to their ancestors changing clan allegiances decades or centuries ago. It is the Somali way to absorb people into their identity group.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
I knew they were on something when they listed us as a really happy country....us:sass1::what1: happy?????? What is that?

1635582512441.png

Niggas be smiling for days with this.

Somalia is one of the most diverse country in the world it should be few shades of darker green .hopefully when more studies are done it would appear darker green

Trending