How does an Aussie-Somali sound.....

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I've got this question too many times now and it's time to settle it.

In spoiler is a link, which has a voice recording of yours truly and experience the not-so unique Somali-Australian accent.

:gaasdrink:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Am I gonna gonna regret doing this now????

Wallahi now I am tempted to put on other type of Aussie accents and link them in the thread.

:patrice:

Other Somali-Australians/Kiwis should link a voice recording @qwertyuiop @HIBAQ123 @piracy

:gaasdrink:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Not at all.

Only briefly on short words, but when he speaks for longer it becomes obvious it is Australian.

Mate, if there is anyone's accent I want to hear it is you.

I went to school with a few Germans but I never heard a German-Somali.

:hmm:

Apollo

VIP
Mate, if there is anyone's accent I want to hear it is you.

I went to school with a few Germans but I never heard a German-Somali.

:hmm:

I don't have a strong accent in English. I sound like being generically from somewhere in Northern Europe, but not really thick regionally. I'll pass on the offer though, lol.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I don't have a strong accent in English. I sound like being generically from somewhere in Northern Europe, but not really thick regionally. I'll pass on the offer though, lol.

I mean, I feel like the German accent is an outdated stereotype.

Many Germans I have come across have generic international accents (Mats Hummels), in that I cannot pin point their location until they show extreme emotion. I think that might be because of the prevalence of English as a working language in Germany.

Don't get me wrong, I heard the odd "hollywood" German accent (Christoph Waltz) but its rare.

Apollo

VIP
I mean, I feel like the German accent is an outdated stereotype.

Many Germans I have come across have generic international accents, in that I cannot pin point their location until they show extreme emotion. I think that might be because of the prevalence of English as a working language in Germany.

Don't get me wrong, I heard the odd "hollywood" German accent (Christoph Waltz) but its rare.

It is true for the Boomers and Gen Xers who grew up before Anglo media penetration, not for the younger generations (at least not as much).

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
It is true for the Boomers and Gen Xers who grew up before Anglo media penetration, not for the younger generations (at least not as much).

I looked up Somali-Germans on youtube and all I can find is Somalis speaking in German on Deutsche Welle.

:hayewaryah:

Apollo

VIP
I looked up Somali-Germans on youtube and all I can find is Somalis speaking in German on Deutsche Welle.

:hayewaryah:

It's fob central over here, majority came in less than 10 years ago while my family has been here since the early 90s. How they speak is not representative of how I speak.

Trending

Latest posts