How does an Aussie-Somali sound.....

Apollo

VIP
The Australian accent sounds like a mix between Cockney British, RP British, something rural, and a little bit of American.

To people who just learned English, it is hard to differentiate the Australian accent from the British one. I remember it sounding the same to me a long time ago, but now I can easily differentiate it.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I hear American accent in there,

I have never been to America sxb.

I think a lot of people have pre-conceived notions on the Australian accent. Not everyone, in fact a minority sound like Crocodile Dundee or the stereotypical strine/bogan accent.

If enough people want, I will post a recording of me doing various Australian accents.

You guys will especially enjoy my rendition of this accent....

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
The Australian accent sounds like a mix between Cockney British, RP British, something rural, and a little bit of American.

To people who just learned English, it is hard to differentiate the Australian accent from the British one. I remember it sounding the same to me a long time ago, but now I can easily differentiate it.

There are a lot theories on the Australian accent but my opinion is that the mingling of various convicts/settlers from all over the UK as well as the indigenous people created the Australian accent.

I have never been to America sxb.

I think a lot of people have pre-conceived notions on the Australian accent. Not everyone, in fact a minority sound like Crocodile Dundee or the stereotypical strine/bogan accent.

If enough people want, I will post a recording of me doing various Australian accents.

You guys will especially enjoy my rendition of this accent....

Maybe you have watched too many Hollywood movie &shows
:cosbyhmm:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Maybe you have watched too many Hollywood movie &shows
:cosbyhmm:

Not really, a lot of the content I watch is European. I watch a fair few American shows but I watch more Youtube and that is generally British. Also, I have been watching an amazing Nordic Noir from Iceland as well as a lot of French-language shows, as I speak the language albeit worse than I used to.

It could be because a lot of my friends are international students and they have more American sounding accents, which may have rubbed off on me.

:hmm:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
You sound like this to me

EjnzQmmUYAEKSOg.jpg

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Tell us shid that we care about like how are the Australian baddies. And are they bussing

I mean most of them are well-driven educated and religious can't lie.

Rarely have I have I seen a Somali girl here that acts like what ppl on SSpot say about diaspora Somali girls.

If you come to Australia, especially Melbourne, you can see the entire community for yourself.

:samwelcome: