How do you deal with breakup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah yeah, I’ll try to act terribly surprised by your words: :ohdamn:

Seriously, good luck! I don’t need you coming at me sideways at every turn like you’re accruing a goddamned commission. I mean, ffs. And somehow I’m the one with a problem
Why do you fight so much on here

VixR

Veritas
^^Girl he is so petty and too childish for his age. The guy has small man syndrome. He also has anger issues, he is the one who needs a therapy.
Don’t trigger them. Leave them alone. They’re always coming at me. I let it go on for too long and played too nice.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Well, making reservations at an ex’s job so you can stunt on them isn’t exactly a sign of being over it, but it may still help him get over it.

You’d be surprised the vast and endless ground of what can represent closure.

Some guys never reach neutral.

I hope that’s not the case.

You know, he didn’t used to be like this, either? The whole Abubakr Al-Amriki, Quran teacher on the side, admirer of oven mitts thing he has going right now? Minus his qabil streak, which was always there, he used to appear a lot more centered than he is.

It happens, you know. Sometimes everything’s just right. Sometimes it happens more than once. I think a lot of women just go for any old thing, and they’re surprised when they find themselves disgusted with what they, the cat, dragged in. You should serve yourself in what you pick, bc they really do have a tendency to not look beyond themselves, so they tend to get more of it. Women always try to better and help them, but I noticed they don’t introspect or initiate the value they’re bringing to you, hence you have to pay attention to whether you’re getting any value out of it, or you’ll never be happy. You don’t strike me as undiscerning, but you might just be a bit too cynical, or maybe even over-discerning?

Not being fully over it is a sign of being trapped in emotional limbo. I would suggest some honest self-reflection. The opposite of love isn't hate but apathy. However, if that is their method of closure so be it.:farmajoyaab:

I'm very optimistic but not in a pollyanish sense. Though I am an idealist so I see good in most people. I don't think seeing good in someone or trusting them for that matter warrants establishing a relationship. I haven't talked to many brothers proportionate to my age. But I can glean a considerable amount from the experiences of others. Almost to a vicarious extent. I can assume any perspective, mademoiselle. That truncated list I posted wasn't as nuanced and exhaustive as I can get. :gaasdrink:
Yes; you can meet a remarkable person several times in a lifetime.
We all have attributes that matter to us more than others. One person's 10 is another person's 8. I've met thousands of Somalis in my life, most in university and some online. I've seen variability in perspectives, religiousity, life paths and personality types among them. Definitely worthy of investigation. I can safely say some of these brothers we're good catches. Timing might be off. Distance could be a factor, core values might not match, might not be looking, overwhelmed by th paradox of choice. There are a multitude of reasons for not pursuing someone (that's great) or why it might not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.