How did Somalis look like 100 years ago (Northern Somalis)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Omar : Tribu des Medjourtines (Majerteen) . I wonder what that thing around the neck of the Dhulo guys and this MJ guy is? It could be something to ward off evil spirits that some nomadic communities use to use.
zoom

zoom

Hersi Magan Isse ( Isse Mahamoud) wore one. He also had two burn marks on his neck that I was told were a cure for illness. I believe the leather packet was called a "hirsi".

Wow.
I guess he was traditional? People still wore that in the 60's?

You were learning somali?

Hersi WAS traditional, but some people still wore it.

We were taught basic Maxa, but I was sent to a Maay/Boon-speaking area and never advanced. Wax yar weli aan garaanaya. (????)

Hersi WAS traditional, but some people still wore it.

We were taught basic Maxa, but I was sent to a Maay/Boon-speaking area and never advanced. Wax yar weli aan garaanaya. (????)
More somalis should connect with their culture. I think his daughter wanted to follow in that direction.

There's only 1 somali language by the name of Somali. Af maay is a language of it's own. Nice you learnt some.

Haha yes that's right. Still got it.

How long were you in somalia?

More somalis should connect with their culture. I think his daughter wanted to follow in that direction.

There's only 1 somali language by the name of Somali. Af maay is a language of it's own. Nice you learnt some.

Haha yes that's right. Still got it.

How long were you in somalia?

13 months. But I stayed in contact and still have friends both in Somalia and the States.

Hybrid

Death Awaits You
Duaale abdi lookin mighty fine. Might want to track his ancestor down :lawd:

I need me one of these men.

As expected the midgaans look manly. But poor things had it worse back then. I can see the pain in their eyes. Shoemakers & blacksmiths & the women naagaha xalaaleya :ohlord::wow:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Maa sacad muuse baad katahay habar awal ?

Hybrid

Death Awaits You
That's cool. Gabooye are probably related to isaaq. Ragan reer baadiyaha a iska iloow. No farah is more masculine than I. Thanks to synthetic hormones, my testosterone level is equivalent to the combined testosterone level of 5 men. My extremely masculine jawline and physique along with my facial aesthetics will make your jaw drop. My mother told me last week muse bixi is my uncle (reer samatar) and is a friend of my pop.
marku bixi madaxweyne noqdo, my family iyo muse bixi oo adeerkey a, dhamaan sweden baan kuugu imanaynaa. waan kusoo doonaynaa. how much are you asking for meher ?

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Hersi Magan Isse ( Isse Mahamoud) wore one. He also had two burn marks on his neck that I was told were a cure for illness. I believe the leather packet was called a "hirsi".

He wasn't Isse Mahamoud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts