How come Somalis don't co-parent?

Nafiso Qalanjo

π–‚π–Š'π–—π–Š π–Œπ–”π–Žπ–“π–Œ 𝖙𝖔 π–œπ–†π–— π–‡π–†π–‡π–ž!
The number of Somalis with daddy issues is alarming. I know many people where their dad has divorced their mom and the dad goes leave for a family in Somalia, and rarely contacts their kids.

Alluring

Sayonara
Somalis only care about quantity
I think many of us need parenting and sex education classes.

The culture dictates that having many offspring is good for lineage. But, in the west having 10 kids means many are being neglected. Unless you're a millionaire which most Somalis aren't, you can't provide for 10 like you could for 3.

Joliemademoiselle

A pious muslima.
All that is just lack of true islamic knowledge. Humiliation when you go astray. Somalis like to memorise quran but know nothing about the basic in Islam.... having kids is a huge responsibility and you will asked about mother and father.... guy choose your spouse wisely. :meleshame:

We come from a wartorn country as refugees, there will be dysfunction in our community.

On a sidenote since when did somali fathers went back to somalia to start a family, I have seen somalis being polygamous but going back home to start a new one???

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
I don't want to make a thread on this, but this is just a spin-off. I wonder if the love you have for their mother affects the love you have for your children? Say you're married to woman you're genuinely in love with. Just have a deep, persistent affection towards her - would it be easier to love and care for the children you have with her? Alternatively a marriage of convenience where two individuals marry each other my they simply meet each other's criteria in looks, income, status etc.

I know the rational and PC answer would be to separate the two, but surely there is some emotional spillover because your children are inextricably linked. They're the literal manifestation of your connection.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
White people even if they go their separate ways they co-parent their kids

But with Somalis once the divorce come the man leave his kids and wife

Why?

Animal Kingdom. You are lucky the new man in her life doesn't start killing the kids one by one

I don't want to make a thread on this, but this is just a spin-off. I wonder if the love you have for their mother affects the love you have for your children? Say you're married to woman you're genuinely in love with. Just have a deep, persistent affection towards her - would it be easier to love and care for the children you have with her? Alternatively a marriage of convenience where two individuals marry each other my they simply meet each other's criteria in looks, income, status etc.

I know the rational and PC answer would be to separate the two, but surely there is some emotional spillover because your children are inextricably linked. They're the literal manifestation of your connection.

This is bullshit I hope you don’t believe in this idiocy.:snoop:

Are you a guy? If you are, you are in a better position to answer this question.

In short, I believe this to be true. Hence why you'll see men who divorce their kids when they divorce their mother.

Its why I'm adamant on being with someone who loves me as much, if not more, than I love him. It benefits my children. Men are selfish.

Anecdotally speaking, I have yet to see a Somali father talk about his joy of being a father. It seems many are just apathetic and/or are going through the motions. A means to pass on their khasaaro genes, if anything.

I find this topic a complete joke.
Most somali parents if not all are immigrants. Hence, when they came over they literally had nothing. Why is this important? The father has no rights in the west we all know that and to compare us to well settled cadaan individuals is simply unfair.
Oh but all the dad's sit in a cafe/tim hortons and drink shaax all day. This stereotype is far from the truth. Yes, they sit and drink coffee/tea but then they proceed to have a 12hr minicab shift to bring in the money.:ehh:
Frankly, id leave as well. Wife doesn't want you there and kids are provided for. Thank the government for doing my job.:p
It is what it is... and if you don't like it just go get yourself an ajnaabi, I'm sure they'll treat you better...:mjkkk:

Alluring

Sayonara
I find this topic a complete joke.
Most somali parents if not all are immigrants. Hence, when they came over they literally had nothing. Why is this important? The father has no rights in the west we all know that and to compare us to well settled cadaan individuals is simply unfair.
Oh but all the dad's sit in a cafe/tim hortons and drink shaax all day. This stereotype is far from the truth. Yes, they sit and drink coffee/tea but then they proceed to have a 12hr minicab shift to bring in the money.:ehh:
Frankly, id leave as well. Wife doesn't want you there and kids are provided for. Thank the government for doing my job.:p
It is what it is... and if you don't like it just go get yourself an ajnaabi, I'm sure they'll treat you better...:mjkkk:
No rights πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚