How come 99% of Somali guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeus

STYLIN
play soccer, but none of them go pro. What's the deal?

When I was younger I've seen my friends play soccer for hours on end while I played MMOs

but none of them made it to the big leagues.

Zeus

STYLIN
Maybe Somalis (and other East Africans) are at a genetic disadvantage.:mjhaps:

I don't think so. Look at this down syndrome kid playing soccer

img_2109.jpg

Soccer is a piss easy sport to play, it doesn't require as much physical prowess as other sports.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
I don't think so. Look at this down syndrome kid playing soccer

img_2109.jpg

Soccer is a piss easy sport to play, it doesn't require as much physical prowess as other sports.

I was of course joking sxb :icon lol:

I don't know the reason, it's odd tbh. Like you said, Somali guys play a lot of football, statistically speaking you'd expect some pros by now :zhqjlmx:

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Genetics dont mind anything..african nations always come last while Europeans always win in these soccer games

True, and yet you do find African pros around the world. Pogba, Abidal and Balotelli comes to mind, to name a few.

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
Two reasons why:

1) Arrogance
2) The word 'Teamwork', is an alien concept.

Somalis think they are good at football, just becuase they are able to pass multiple opposition players and score a banger, when playing at the local council cages or the school playground. Then this sense of arrogance, that they are the best from all that time in the cages or in the playground: shatters once they join a pro or semi pro team. The reality of how mediocre they seeps in, then theres no desire to better themselves, give it their all in training. Basically, laziness is what destroys their footballing dreams.

There's this greedy nature with Somalis, when playing the game. They hardly pass, how many times do I hear team players screaming their lungs out to the Somali's name: "Abdi, Abdi, pass the ball!!" "Ahmed, over here!, lay it to me!!"
They think they're Peel, doing single runs every single time they touch the ball. This is something I've seen in every single decent Somali kid. They do about a thousand step-overs in every damned game. The word, teamwork, does not exist to Somalis playing the game.

These two reasons, I think is why Somalis hardly ever go pro. Arrogance and greedyness, is what prevents great young Somali boys from becoming footballers, it's very simple.

You need proper training. I volunteer for a couple of youth clubs and there is a lot of Somali youth I see playing at the community level who are very talented, but their parents don't see it as a viable past-time. They would rather have them hang out at the basketball courts than put some extra effort into trying to get their kids playing at the club level.

Alhamdulilah there's a growing number of Somali boys playing at the u15, u13 level and are doing very well from what I've seen.

Zeus

STYLIN
You need proper training. I volunteer for a couple of youth clubs and there is a lot of Somali youth I see playing at the community level who are very talented, but their parents don't see it as a viable past-time. They would rather have them hang out at the basketball courts than put some extra effort into trying to get their kids playing at the club level.

Alhamdulilah there's a growing number of Somali boys playing at the u15, u13 level and are doing very well from what I've seen.

This makes the most sense. Hopefully the 2nd generation Somalis in the west invest in extracurricular activities for their kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending