How can we be certain in our alleged ancient admixture?

Not an expert in this field by any means but how can we be so sure what our exact ancient genetic breakdown is and the percentage? How do we know there won’t be some puzzles missing from this mystery like an unsampled ancient ancestry?

Boogie

Islam wins doesnt take Ls Long Live Somalia 🇸🇴
@SOMALI GENERAL @Som could maybe explain this but can explain this but...
We are 60 percent sub saharan african, and 40 percent Middle eastern North African.

This is my source:
But remember this isn't recent and is thousands of years old.

@SOMALI GENERAL @Som could maybe explain this but@Apollo can explain this but...
We are 60 percent sub saharan african, and 40 percent Middle eastern North African.

This is my source:
But remember this isn't recent and is thousands of years old.
60%? That seems too high imo I always assumed we would be around 40% if we were mixed.

Boogie

60%? That seems too high imo I always assumed we would be around 40% if we were mixed.
Not really in my opinion I think 60 percent make sense considering our location and features

Not really in my opinion I think 60 percent make sense considering our location and features
I’ve seen how 60% african people look they have coarse hair and more afro facial features while we have many Somalis with curly and wavy hair with more “caucasian” facial features

Boogie

I’ve seen how 60% african people look they have coarse hair and more afro facial features while we have many Somalis with curly and wavy hair with more “caucasian” facial features
The "caucasian" features happen in dry environments and somalia is pretty dry and hair I guess that's just genetics and our african component is Ancient nilo Saharan (before bantu admixture) and indigenous Hunter gatherer that doesn't exist no more

Apollo

VIP
if we were 60% niger-congo we would probably look more stereotypical sub saharan,

Wodaabe Fulanis are 65% Niger-Congo 35% Berber. Many of them look pseudo-Horner.

But their Niger-Congo ancestry comes from the Senegalese and not ''rainforest'' Niger-Congos who have broader features.

The "caucasian" features happen in dry environments and somalia is pretty dry and hair I guess that's just genetics and our african component is Ancient nilo Saharan (before bantu admixture) and indigenous Hunter gatherer that doesn't exist no more
@freeupgang @Boogie

This ''mixture'' stuff happened thousands of years ago. Before the first pyramids were being built.

It is pointless to make that affect your identity today.
how do we know the ancient dna that they used to measure our ancient mix is legit?

They can test the DNA of people who died thousands of years ago and then compare it to the people who live in the same location today. It is mostly legit.
How do we know when it’ll be our complete breakdown as oppose to it just being the best thing available atm with other dna samples still missing?

Apollo

VIP
How do we know when it’ll be our complete breakdown as oppose to it just being the best thing available atm with other dna samples still missing?

It is always a work in progress, but I doubt it would change 180 degrees with new ancient samples. It will only get minorly tweaked here and there with more new ancient samples, but unlikely to expect major upsets completely overturning current theories.

It is always a work in progress, but I doubt it would change 180 degrees with new ancient samples. It will only get minorly tweaked here and there with more new ancient samples, but unlikely to expect major upsets completely overturning current theories.
How come some Somalis have very straight hair this is something that I’ve always asked myself :cosbyhmm: ive never seen a biracial with hair as straight as some Somalis

Apollo

VIP
How come some Somalis have very straight hair this is something that I’ve always asked myself :cosbyhmm: ive never seen a biracial with hair as straight as some Somalis

Not all Somalis have that.

Individuals can look quite different, but still have roughly the same ancestral origins. An Irish person with red hair and freckles and one with black hair and near olive skin are usually completely identical on places like 23andMe. Where your (great)-grandparents came from is more relevant than what you look like.

Boogie

Wodaabe Fulanis are 65% Niger-Congo 35% Berber. Many of them look pseudo-Horner.

But their Niger-Congo ancestry comes from the Senegalese and not ''rainforest'' Niger-Congos who have broader features.
Why do the Senegalese look Nilotic?

Not all Somalis have that.

Individuals can look quite different, but still have roughly the same ancestral origins. An Irish person with red hair and freckles and one with black hair and near olive skin are usually completely identical on places like 23andMe. Where your (great)-grandparents came from is more relevant than what you look like.
Did our african ancestors look more like the masaai? They look pretty close to us

Apollo

VIP
Did our african ancestors look more like the masaai? They look pretty close to us

Hehe, it is the other way around. The Samburu and Maasai are like NFD Somalis who got cucked by Dinkas and Bantus, kkkk. Not true how I described this, but also not totally false.

Trending