Horta wtf is wrong with Illhan Omar?

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
I'm not on welfare like the rest of you gaajo niggaz :mjlol:
Still. The west is good because you can become anything you want as long if you work hard and thats what they offer . Lets be honnest sxb the west is great i could never live in africa i love everything about it. The parties and the cadaan women:ahh:

Last edited:
Still. The west is gokd because you can become anything you want as long if you work hard and thats what they offer . Lets be honnest sxb the west is great i could never live in africa i love everything about it. The parties and the cadaan women:ahh:
Well you can live in the west without being a qowmuluud supporter. Politicians like Ilhan wanna use tax payers money to turn men into women and vise versa. Also left wing politicians advocate for more tax on those who are well off, you see if people like Ilhan get the power you'll end up in a communist tranny infested country with angry Greta thunberg looking feminists .. :mjlol:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Ilhan was taken out of context here. Her argument was from a well put question she posed to the Sec of State in a hearing, in which she asked how Palestinians and Afghans can get justice from war crimes committed by all parties in the conflicts in Afghanistan and Palestine/Israel, if the United States does not recognise the ongoing International Criminal Court cases going on.

Btw, this question was in a video that was linked to the tweet.

The Sec. of State said that victims can get justice in Israel, which most people will agree is false. She then posted to Twitter with a caption about the interaction which was taken out context.

The main reason Ilhan was attacked was because she is on the Foreign Affairs committee which dictates foreign policy and allows Ilhan to question diplomatic officials on their policies on certain areas. Many people want her off this committee, including some Democracts.

Here are articles on the matter.

-------

So many Somalis here talk about Somali pride but crap one of the most admired Somalis in the world. She is the first hijab wearing congresswoman, first muslim woman in congress, first Somali as a TIME magazine cover and is a role model to millions of Muslim women.

Did you know who was our main political representative in the West before Ilhan?
:ayaanswag: Spoiler alert.

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
I only like it when she irritates Jews and their lobbyists. I don’t like her otherwise

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Also, one more thing. She had a 56% margin in 2016 and a 28% lead in 2020, which colossal in politics.

That means her constituents, i.e the people that employ her not randoms on the internet, like what she is doing.

I was hardcore defender of Ilhan at the beginning when she was freshman congresswoman but nowadays not so much...she's too obsessed with Israel and Arab conflicts...Rashida should be the one leading this fight since she's a Palestinian...Ilhan needs to focus on african interests for a change...she's not politically savy.

Ilhan was taken out of context here. Her argument was from a well put question she posed to the Sec of State in a hearing, in which she asked how Palestinians and Afghans can get justice from war crimes committed by all parties in the conflicts in Afghanistan and Palestine/Israel, if the United States does not recognise the ongoing International Criminal Court cases going on.

Btw, this question was in a video that was linked to the tweet.

The Sec. of State said that victims can get justice in Israel, which most people will agree is false. She then posted to Twitter with a caption about the interaction which was taken out context.

The main reason Ilhan was attacked was because she is on the Foreign Affairs committee which dictates foreign policy and allows Ilhan to question diplomatic officials on their policies on certain areas. Many people want her off this committee, including some Democracts.

Here are articles on the matter.

-------

So many Somalis here talk about Somali pride but crap one of the most admired Somalis in the world. She is the first hijab wearing congresswoman, first muslim woman in congress, first Somali as a TIME magazine cover and is a role model to millions of Muslim women.

Did you know who was our main political representative in the West before Ilhan?
:ayaanswag: Spoiler alert.
It was the dumb tweet that caused all this controversy...just like last time when she tweeted it's all about the Benjamin's..who the hell handles her Twitter account horta...she's the co-chair of this powerful foreign Affairs Committee so why not use it to advance our peoples interest...

Ps: shame on those that are slandering Ilhan when it comes to her private life..critique her politics all you want but not her family/personal life...do not repeat right-wing racist propaganda talking points.

Last edited:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
It was the dumb tweet that caused all this controversy...just like last time when she tweeted it's all about the Benjamin's..who the hell handles her Twitter account horta...she's the co-chair of this powerful foreign Affairs Committee so why not use it to advance our peoples interest...

TLDR: The first tweet Ilhan posted had a video linked with full context. The Benjamins tweet refers to something that has been largely agreed upon in International Relations since 9/11.

The most recent tweet had the video in which she grilled Blinken linked. Congress members however, took their narrative and ran with it. NB: Most media outlets have retracted or contextualised their reporting since.

Also, for the Benjamins tweet, it was clearly a bad joke but also was correct. Many American politicians receive money from pro-Israeli interest groups to push an agenda.

This is very well known and criticised in the field of International Relations. Two of the most promiement scholars in this field wrote a book literally titled "Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy".

Here is the summary:

They describe the remarkable level of material and diplomatic support that the United States provides to Israel and argues that this support cannot be fully explained on either strategic or moral grounds. This exceptional relationship is due largely to the political influence of a loose coalition of individuals and organizations that actively work to shape U.S. foreign policy in a pro-Israel direction. Mearsheimer and Walt provocatively contend that the lobby has a far-reaching impact on America's posture throughout the Middle East―in Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, and toward the Israeli-Palestinian conflict―and the policies it has encouraged are in neither America's national interest nor Israel's long-term interest. The lobby's influence also affects America's relationship with important allies and increases dangers that all states face from global jihadist terror.

@Periplus i gotcha....in the future though she needs to avoid unnecessary controversies...stop trying to champion Palestinian/arab cause...let Rashida deal with that shit..it's time for her to bring African issues into light...why isn't she advocating for COVID19 vaccines to be shipped into the African Continent or more funding for the horn of Africa...she has a privilege stance to highlight so many issues affecting the African Continent in general.

Insha’Allah things don’t escalate that far. But if anything, her own life is in danger rather than anyone else’s.

What problems is she causing specifically in the Somali community? Let’s be real though, Somalis were disliked before Ilhan came onto the scene. Don’t think it’s completely fair to blame her for that.
Young Somali women look up to her, and she is being a horrible example from an Islamic standpoint. Advocating for things that Islam literally condemns is something that can possibly have a bad influence on the younger public.

Why defend someone strays away from the deen and its practices? Stop defending her because she is a xalimo, it's not genuine. She carries herself in a bad manner and you can't deny that. Saying she is a politician, is not an excuse for her advocating for the LGBT community. She even brings her family to gay parades. Are you telling me politics is more important then her deen and her morality?

If you can't see how bad of an influence she is to young Somali women, then you're being stubborn.

P.S. Don't have this feminist mindset, and be defensive when we criticise her. It has nothing to do with her gender, but it has to do with how she carries herself.

The woman gets f**** day and night by Jew and has issue with Jewish people Somali low IQ. Why she hates Jewish people but she left her husband for jew

Last edited:

DalsanJubiland

HartilandWaamoJoore
Also, one more thing. She had a 56% margin in 2016 and a 28% lead in 2020, which colossal in politics.

That means her constituents, i.e the people that employ her not randoms on the internet, like what she is doing.
You mean 2018
2016 she was in state delegate
First time she was elected 2018 then reflected 2020

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
You mean 2018
2016 she was in state delegate
First time she was elected 2018 then reflected 2020

Yes my bad.

Regardless, Ilhan Omar is in a position most politicians envy: It is almost impossible to vote her out.

That coupled with the fact she can never run for president, means she can say whatever she wants.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
@Periplus i gotcha....in the future though she needs to avoid unnecessary controversies...stop trying to champion Palestinian/arab cause...let Rashida deal with that shit..it's time for her to bring African issues into light...why isn't she advocating for COVID19 vaccines to be shipped into the African Continent or more funding for the horn of Africa...she has a privilege stance to highlight so many issues affecting the African Continent in general.

NB: Ilhan is a member of the subcommittee on Africa, Global Health and Human Rights. I'm pretty sure you know why that isn't reported on.

The reason why she goes for unnecessary controversy is because of three things:

1. She has a big margin electorally: It is very difficult to flip Ilhan's seat to the Republicans.

2. She is the only Squad member that cannot become President: So out of her friends, she is the only one can that can say what they are really thinking.

3. She is the only member of the Squad on the Foreign Affairs committee, meaning she has the most impact out of AOC, Rashida and Pressley on foreign affairs.

Does that answer your questions.

Young Somali women look up to her, and she is being a horrible example from an Islamic standpoint. Advocating for things that Islam literally condemns is something that can possibly have a bad influence on the younger public.

Why defend someone strays away from the deen and its practices? Stop defending her because she is a xalimo, it's not genuine. She carries herself in a bad manner and you can't deny that. Saying she is a politician, is not an excuse for her advocating for the LGBT community. She even brings her family to gay parades. Are you telling me politics is more important then her deen and her morality?

If you can't see how bad of an influence she is to young Somali women, then you're being stubborn.

P.S. Don't have this feminist mindset, and be defensive when we criticise her. It has nothing to do with her gender, but it has to do with how she carries herself.
Apparently for some Somalis money, fame and position is more important than values.. For them values and diin is something that they can compromise on as long as they achieve "success" which in Ilhan term means out on her values to get votes and get the power.. Then you have all these Somali women looking up to her and take offense if one points Ilhans filthy political agenda which will ruin and corrupt the people.. These people are easy to manipulate and program and they can't think out side their box.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
Come on now sis.. She's a left wing politician and her policies are really dangerous and that's why I'm against her.. But I still don't understand how so called muslims can support someone who's so openly promoting something un islamic like state financed gender swappings and lgbtq empowerment from home to school where they aim to literally program every human to accept and normalise qanisnimo. But anway if this is so personal to you I'll leave the discussion... I don't understand why some of you sisters would defend someone with tooth and nail just because you share gender with them even when it's clear to everyone the person is clearly doing something un islamic and dangerous. Her policies can affect you, your children and the ones who will come after them if she succeeds in implementing her political goals.. You should see beyond some petty gender competitions/fights and focus on the bigger picture.. That's all from me.
Her policies generally reflect her voting base. Social justice issues are in right now and she's at the forefront since it's what gets her votes. You're free to dislike it but with that sort of logic why vote?

I just don't get why she advocates for Palestine harder than the Palestinian Congresswoman. Girl blocked debt relief to Somalia as well.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I just don't get why she advocates for Palestine harder than the Palestinian Congresswoman. Girl blocked debt relief to Somalia as well.

1. She is on the Foreign Services committee and Rashida is not.

2. She is on the Africa subcommittee and was instrumental in bringing debt relief to the House floor. She voted against it because they added other mad unrelated stuff to the legislation, expecting that she would vote for it.

Trending